PDA

View Full Version : Poison Windows 8 Theme

Mr GRiM
February 9th, 2013, 05:57 AM

OK guys here it is, one of the old good ones from 7, changed a few bits just to make it look better on 8

Some of the things you see in the screen are only possible if you are using the modified files I provided for the Equinox beta theme and to have the start menu you will need to purchase StartIsBack (http://startisback.com/) if you want to have aero enabled on the frames then you will have to use WinaeroGlass (http://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.204) or a new experimental version Aero Glass for Win8 (http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/161788-aero-glass-for-win8-v03/) currently at version 0.3 and not intended for everyday use and is very unstable at the moment.

I have only done a small amount of testing on this theme so there may still be some bugs, if you find any problems then please let me know and I will try to fix them for you.

I am still using UXStyle core beta for Windows 8 to be able to use custom themes, the last patched theme files seems to cause problems after windows updates but that problem may have been resolved now, but regardless make sure you have enabled custom themes as always or they will not work.

Also if you modify my theme at all then please make sure you always keep the shell folder with it as it contains a modified shellstyle.dll that can only work with the extra properties I have added to the theme, if the theme is used with another shellstyle.dll it will not work and result in blank explorer windows.

Aero Glass installer all in one for 32bit and 64bit OS, includes AGTweaker (ORelio) (Mod Tusticles)
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=63493&d=1373128006

Added reg file for Window Metrics (Not applied to custom Themes on Windows 8)

chevy350
February 9th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Makes me want to re-install win8....looks good, will grab it just in case I decide to give 8 another spin

Mr GRiM
February 9th, 2013, 06:13 AM
My themes may make Windows 8 look more appealing but if your happy with Windows 7 then just stick with it, if you want to have a play on Windows 8 then your better off using it on a virtual Machine.

YourNumbr1Fan
February 9th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Looks spectacular Mark!----Unbelievable how adept you are, just stunning. Definitely keeping this one!

:givahand:(I hope you get the HUD one(s) done soon!:shocked:

pats
February 9th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Nice Mark , always find something special with that theme ! :smile: :happy:

max68
February 9th, 2013, 10:56 AM
your work always spectacular Sig.Grim thank you thank you thank you made ​​my day better

http://i48.tinypic.com/juvod5.png

TAZ
February 9th, 2013, 01:04 PM
thx ,your awesome work, I love her!!

dskiller
February 9th, 2013, 03:18 PM
this looks great on my system.

only problem I got is run dialog is white box with white text,but input box is fine. I dont know if it was a dll I missed or not.

Harvey Sewdin
February 11th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Good for Win8 users, looks good bud :smile:

Hellcat
February 15th, 2013, 12:30 PM
:flirt: Hi Mark, you disappeared, but I'm glad that returned to
yes I very familiar with the theme
this is one fantastic work congrats Mark and thank you :tu:

Jaysp656
February 16th, 2013, 02:47 AM
One problem I've noticed is that the left hand menu of the appearance window is solid white. The text links there will highlight red when the mouse is hovering over them but I can't see them otherwise.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag99/Jaysp656/Screenshot8_zps58da1df1.png

Mr GRiM
February 16th, 2013, 06:36 AM
One problem I've noticed is that the left hand menu of the appearance window is solid white. The text links there will highlight red when the mouse is hovering over them but I can't see them otherwise.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag99/Jaysp656/Screenshot8_zps58da1df1.png
That's because you need to install my custom shell32.dll to have those images that I have added to the theme msstyles

Jaysp656
February 16th, 2013, 02:57 PM
That's because you need to install my custom shell32.dll to have those images that I have added to the theme msstyles

I used the new installer. Does it not change the original shell32.dll?

sete
February 16th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Very good job MARK,thanks for sharing.:givahand:

Virtu
February 17th, 2013, 01:41 AM
This is my all-time favorite theme and it's almost perfect with Windows 8 - except for the icons (I wish they were red.) :loving:

Poison is the best theme, by far - I'm gonna have to drink it.:smile:

adel9
February 18th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Looks awesome mark , as a windows 7 lover i made a change to windows 8 pro as a hater lol now i kinda like 8 but i disable metro ui so i use explorer 7 looks goof to me now reason i change because wind 8 reads better my ram and processor and its faster in boots so you wont miss out nothing when u disable th metro , using this theme now will look tops come on guys dont say windows 8 sucks just because the metro remember wind 8 is future its damn faster then 7 ( 7 still my best ) thx mark love this poison theme:givahand:

hamed
February 23rd, 2013, 06:15 PM
nice theme
featured: http://skinpacks.com/poison-theme-for-win8/

Jorge610
February 24th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Great effort, thank you.

IceBabee
February 25th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Awesome job!

adel9
March 11th, 2013, 08:54 PM

OK guys here it is, one of the old good ones from 7, changed a few bits just to make it look better on 8

Some of the things you see in the screen are only possible if you are using the modified files I provided for the Equinox beta theme and to have the start menu you will need to purchase StartIsBack (http://startisback.com/) if you want to have aero enabled on the frames then you will have to use WinaeroGlass (http://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.204) or a new experimental version Aero Glass for Win8 (http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/161788-aero-glass-for-win8-v03/) currently at version 0.3 and not intended for everyday use and is very unstable at the moment.

I have only done a small amount of testing on this theme so there may still be some bugs, if you find any problems then please let me know and I will try to fix them for you.

I am still using UXStyle core beta for Windows 8 to be able to use custom themes, the last patched theme files seems to cause problems after windows updates but that problem may have been resolved now, but regardless make sure you have enabled custom themes as always or they will not work.

Also if you modify my theme at all then please make sure you always keep the shell folder with it as it contains a modified shellstyle.dll that can only work with the extra properties I have added to the theme, if the theme is used with another shellstyle.dll it will not work and result in blank explorer windows.

mark its working like charm , but i got a faild boot on windows 8 due some updates , i really came back to 7 for ever till they launch 9 lol i was thinking to make the poison theme light version what u think of it bud? of course i need your permission

Elfman
March 23rd, 2013, 03:02 PM
hi all i'm new, mr. grim i have a question for you. If i use the program winaero or any program I will not have any problem? I asked because yesterday i use 7tsp and windows was crashed, when turned on the pc the desktop and metro ui was black.
With win7 i never had problems but with windows 8 yes.
Sorry for my bad english. :)

joderiz
May 9th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Good morning folks, 'cause I can not remove this bar?
thanks in advance :peace:62833[ATTACH]

Mr GRiM
May 13th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Good morning folks, 'cause I can not remove this bar?
thanks in advance :peace:62833[ATTACH]
a
You can turn off the status bar in the folder options, it was in the view settings but was moved in Windows 8 for some reason.

joderiz
May 13th, 2013, 08:35 PM
a
You can turn off the status bar in the folder options, it was in the view settings but was moved in Windows 8 for some reason.
Thanks Mr Grim ,now is a perfect XD

Mr_u
May 25th, 2013, 04:41 AM
thank you~:震惊:

Gh0strid3r
May 26th, 2013, 07:05 AM
this looks great on my system.

only problem I got is run dialog is white box with white text,but input box is fine. I dont know if it was a dll I missed or not.

i had the same problem, other than that it looks great :D

RKR
May 26th, 2013, 02:08 PM
sir hand off to your creativity you are doing a fab. job STAR LIKES FOR THIS THEME

kungzila
July 5th, 2013, 04:00 AM
Amazing loving this I'm using Windows 8 Extreme edition R2 trust me when i tell you it's awesome if you want a merge between win 7 and 8 it's perfect for you

kungzila
July 8th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Here's my current setup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF5XooipQUY

mirrashed
July 17th, 2013, 06:36 AM
I just arrived here and like ur theme thanks

mccraycfx
July 20th, 2013, 05:57 AM
i like this theme

Lamia
July 20th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Thank you for sharing Mark, love it! :Peace:

rflfn
July 27th, 2013, 07:23 PM
This theme is perfect, great work !

snowmane
July 28th, 2013, 04:11 AM
My first posting. I am not one for dark themes per se, but Mr. Grim, this is a gorgeous theme. Once I ran the HUD program, all the panels showed up proper. I have tried my hand at theming, and it is not for the faint of heart to be sure. Even using Skin Studio from Stardock is no walk in the park. But who knows, maybe I might get the hang of it.

letrixx
August 5th, 2013, 09:20 AM
merci pour se theme
translate:
thank you for this theme

dareaper
August 29th, 2013, 01:16 AM
Awesome share,thank you.

maxxmania
September 18th, 2013, 06:21 AM
i'm new here and i'd like to thank to you making this great theme. keep the good work........5 stars!!:loving:

Ionstorm
October 10th, 2013, 05:37 AM
Very talented work! Thank you for sharing!

Phangam Khwairakpamcha
October 10th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Nice, I like it.....

Phangam Khwairakpamcha
October 10th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Pls, tell me how to install this theme. I like to install it.:worried:

poweredbyostx
October 10th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Amazing theme this is great work :happy:

greyhndz
November 1st, 2013, 03:46 AM
I do *so* want this incredible theme! :happy:

Is it OK for 8.1?
Is a 7z file compatible with 7tsp or is an entirely different installation?
And my final greenie question: the two metrics files listed at the bottom of the install pack: do they also need to be installed?

Thanks so much - Wish I still had Win 7 so I could just download the complete theme pack!

:Smile:

magnus33
November 2nd, 2013, 11:04 PM
None of the packaged themes with installers are going to work correctly with windows 8.1.

At best you wont be able to see anying in control panel or the like at worst they bork the boot.

The ones you merely copy and paste into the theme folder wont harm 8.1 in anyway but most of it wont work.

Fortunaly proably not much tweaking needed for the windows 8 themes is needed to work on 8.1.

greyhndz
November 8th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Thank you. I'm going to bite the bullet, do the manual install after a patch, and hope for the best (or at least, no BSOD)!

Mr GRiM
November 8th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Will have a new update of this theme soon for Windows 8.1

greyhndz
November 9th, 2013, 12:30 AM
:love: You've made my day.. no, make that, my week! Thank you SO much! :Smile:

My Zenbook will escape another user-induced brick. :witless:

ThatsMrsJ
December 12th, 2013, 01:40 PM
My Daughter Will love this :cheeky:

kris31uk
January 29th, 2014, 03:56 PM
fantastic mod

just wish I knew where to start installing it never had a custom theme before iv just moved over to win 8.1 x64 pro

juniorak1
April 12th, 2014, 01:49 AM
It' Great thank you very much!! Guys just a question! if i want to get back the default hud icons, how can i do that??

juniorak1
April 12th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Guys just a question! if i want to get back the default hud icons, how can i do that??

Penetrador
May 13th, 2014, 12:07 PM
love this
good work

gms88
July 2nd, 2014, 03:30 PM
This "poison" will make my computer go insane, excelent work and dont let other things just go blow away your creativity, Im user of this theme now!, congratulations

BigJohn
October 29th, 2014, 01:02 AM
Very nice...Thanks