PDA

View Full Version : Need help resizing the start menu(PlacesList)

saijzo
February 12th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Its my first attempt at a totaly new theme and so far the hardest difficulty i have is with the start menu.I want to make image 1 look like image 2,but even after tweaking with the settings i cant get the result i want.If it helps my image has height:128 and width:190.Help me please before i :gun: my pc

ONE MAN ARMY
February 12th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Edit : Start menu/ Panels/ aero/ top / places list and places list extended. In This location you need to set your sizing margins.. First you shoud try these numbers for sizing margins....

Looking at your image set your...

sizing margins 0, 188, 127, 0

Give this a try and and see what happens.

saijzo
February 12th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Thanks for taking the time to help.My settings are exactly what you said but the result is the same:(

ONE MAN ARMY
February 12th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Ok this is your problem. That red image on top of your places list. Find out the hight of just that red image.So From the top of the red to the top of the black image. and then add however many pixels it was to the last number in Places list defaultpanesize

Edit: So if your last number in default pane size is , 300 and the pixels from the top of the red to the top of the black was 30 pixels then you would add 30 to the 300.

saijzo
February 12th, 2013, 01:21 PM
It seems that whatever changes i make have no effect,maybe i stumbled upon a bug or something?.I calculated the top of the red to the top of the black dimensions at 89 pixels.My settings right now for the places list and extended places list are:
sizingmargins:margins-->0,188,127,0
contentmargins:margins-->10,15,30,0
sizingtype:enum-------->tile
defaultpanelsize:rect--->0,0,190,389

Mr GRiM
February 12th, 2013, 01:38 PM
What you need to do is add a gap at the top of the image on the left the same as the image on the right and then they will match up, then set the content margins for the left image to adjust it for the gap you made.

saijzo
February 12th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the reply mr. grim but i'm not sure i understand;can you translate please to noob languange:D