PDA

View Full Version : How Long Have You Been Gaming?

mlauzon
March 2nd, 2013, 04:55 PM
Well, I've been gaming since the days of the Commodore VIC-20 -- or maybe a little before that -- & C64. The first computer I played video games on was the CV-20 way back in 1980...so all in all, I've been gaming for well over 30yrs.

I've included a poll with this post, so be honest with your answers.

Big V
March 2nd, 2013, 08:00 PM
Well I'm gonna abstain from the poll as I do not consider myself a gamer in the modern since of the term, as I do not really play a lot of modern video games.
Yes I do play a couple of old school shooter games like Serious Sam & Doom but that is about it.

I can remember in the mid 70's getting our first video game.

PONG

Then a couple of years later getting a handheld football game and driving my parents nuts with the beeping sound of the game.

Then graduating up to a colecovision I spent many of hours in front of the tv playing it.

IF you want to consider old school gaming then I would have to pick over 40 years as i still can not walk past a pinball machine with out having to drop a couple of coins in and play at least one game.

61448lol

mlauzon
March 2nd, 2013, 08:28 PM
Then a couple of years later getting a handheld football game and driving my parents nuts with the beeping sound of the game.

My foster brother had that, sometimes he would let me play it with him around, I actually got better at it then him, and I was a good 10 years younger or thereabouts.

8pecxstudios
March 2nd, 2013, 10:35 PM
Dam lol I Been Working With Computers Since The Old Amstrad & Commodore64 days i even the old IBM's and Macintosh's. i remember playing games on the old Atari, Sega, Sega mega-drive, Nintendo, Nintendo 64, snes, the original sony & xbox.

i have an xbox 360 and ps3 tho i rarely play them any more as im more a pc gamer now BF3 all the way lol

peter.pan
March 2nd, 2013, 10:52 PM
Dam lol I Been Working With Computers Since The Old Amstrad & Commodore64 days i even the old IBM's and Macintosh's. i remember playing games on the old Atari, Sega, Sega mega-drive, Nintendo, Nintendo 64, snes, the original sony & xbox.

i have an xbox 360 and ps3 tho i rarely play them any more as im more a pc gamer now BF3 all the way lol

Well i remember buying the first Atari it cost me 350 bucks at the time......:Smug: sh++t for that i got pong ..

mlauzon
March 3rd, 2013, 01:30 AM
Dam lol I Been Working With Computers Since Commodore64 days

I own a working Commodore 64, don't have it setup though.

deviantdon
March 3rd, 2013, 02:53 AM
well my first computer was made by tandy way way back and was just a tapedeck keyboard and a tv and if i wanted to play a game it had to be programed from a book in dos...god im old

but my first home system was the atari system and now ps3.

mlauzon
March 3rd, 2013, 03:45 PM
well my first computer was made by tandy way way back and was just a tapedeck keyboard and a tv and if i wanted to play a game it had to be programed from a book in dos...god im old

That's exactly what the Commodore VIC-20 was.

but my first home system was the atari system and now ps3.

First console I ever played on was an Atari 2600, the second one was a Sega Master System. Didn't play on a NES until sometime in '89.

IceBabee
May 15th, 2013, 05:52 PM
I'm not much of a gamer either but.....to enbark on what Big V said.....I started on Atari LOL.......wow....what a difference now hey? :)

Stephanie
May 16th, 2013, 10:46 AM
18 years ago was playing Space Invaders. Developer: Paul S. Reid: Year: 1995, I was 14 then, today Im not big on gaming but do like playing Earth Defence Force: Insect Armageddon (just frag anything that moves) lol

http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o788/Ssnaps/3-1_zps8d5007f4.jpg

Harvey Sewdin
May 16th, 2013, 12:03 PM
My first game console was the SNES, mario, duck hunt those games. I had allot of fun with those. After that i played my first pc game, Serious Sam: The second encounter. I dont know anymore, 2001 or 2002 it was. Since then it has been pc gaming the most. Especially BF2, UT2004 and DOTA. Now its UT3, BF3, Planet Side2 those games

Effexion
May 24th, 2013, 04:12 PM
I have been gaming for about 23 years. I started at 7, and have never looked back. As a lot of you will know, it is amazing to look back at the games we played then, and then at today's games. The advancement astounds me.

Ali-chan
November 5th, 2013, 01:55 PM
I started playing games (Sonic OMG :loving:) when i was 3 years old, haven't stop since that time XD so i play for 17(almost 18) years.

A Guy
December 4th, 2013, 05:05 AM
Age one...Peek-a-boo ;)

A Guy

Aragon Speed
December 4th, 2013, 05:30 AM
First games I remember playing were Pong and Tanks on the Atari 2600. However I don't really class them as when I became a gamer as I was only about 6 and it was something my friends mother plonked us in front of to make us sit still and shut up. :D

My first real foray into becoming a gamer was when I was about 9 and got a Sinclair Spectrum Plus (the one that had a real keyboard rather than those rubber keys/creations from hell). I still remeber spending hours playing Jet Set Willy and Commando. Funnily though, I seem to remember trying to get games to load even clearer. (Put in tape, press play, cross fingers, fail, tweak volume control on tape deck by a micron, rewind tape and play it again. Repeat until game finally loads. Then don't switch it off for a week because you finally got one to load. :D )

From there I moved onto an Amiga 500, then a Sega Megadrive, original PlayStation, then went PC and haven't looked back since. I don't even own a console any more. ;)

YolanSwagowich
March 29th, 2015, 10:47 PM
Last time I was wondering about how much I'm gaming, it turned out I've spent 60 days of playtime in Planetside 2 in the 2 years that I had it. which is roughly 8% of that time..
I'm no longer wondering about how much I'm gaming

BJDware
November 17th, 2015, 05:26 AM
Voted 25-30.
I Had my hands wrapped around an Atari joystick before i could walk.
Was a heavy console gamer over the years. Atari, NES, Snes, mega drive, gameboy variations, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox, Nds, PS3 and Xbox360. Nowadays i still have the consoles, but i am pretty much a dedicated PC gamer.

Iceman2232
July 31st, 2016, 03:24 PM
I remember when I was growing up playing on the original playstation. Spyro, Crash Bandicoot and Need for Speed: High Stakes were my most played games, as a matter of fact, I still have my original high stakes game and still play it on ps3 haha.

Hunk_4TH
July 31st, 2016, 08:21 PM
I started out with the Sega Master System around late 1989- early 1990 :D

Carenwdum
October 8th, 2018, 08:41 PM
I have lurked here for a little over a year and have been a member for a little under a year. Still new to the whole CED hobby but thoroughly enjoying it and the community here