PDA

View Full Version : Possible Cyberfox Tweaks

PantherX
March 7th, 2013, 03:25 AM
Few hours ago, I was reading the Cyberfox bug thread and noticed that toadyshadow101 had posted something about browser.cache.true or something which improves the speed of loading the page and don't cause that much writes to the disk. Unfortunately, I can't find that post any more :shocked: I was wondering what that tweak was. Google showed me some very technical information and it seems dated.

I have an Intel SSD plus 16 GBs DDR3 RAM so I was wondering if that tweak is worth it or not. I usually have 50+ tabs open and rarely restart my browser. If I do restart it, I have the "load tabs when selected" option set so I don't end up trying to load all the tabs at once which would kill my internet connection.

I also don't mind any additional tweaks as long as it doesn't break anything :Smile:

8pecxstudios
March 7th, 2013, 03:56 AM
browser.cache.disk.enable default Boolean = true
Set To false To Enable Ramdisk it will use the ram to cache file instead of HDD making slight speed improvement.

nglayout.initialpaint.delay UserSet Integer value = 1500 Is Page Load Response Time The Number Entered Depends On Your Net Speed Pages Will Load Fast But You Have More Chance Of Seeing Blank Or Black\White Pages Due To The Faster Page Loading On Slower Websites.

There Are Heaps More Tho only Very Few I Use.

PantherX
March 7th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply!

peter.pan
March 7th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply!

HI Mate Try this nglayout.initialpaint.delay UserSet Integer value = 500 and ui.submenuDelay UserSet Integer value = 500

start with these numbers and fiddle with them .........depends on your internet speed...

PantherX
March 7th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Thanks for that those tips. Since I am using Fasterfox (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/RsccmanFasterfox/?src=userprofile), the following was my setting with a custom level in Fasterfox where I only disable the FastBack option.
nglayout.initialpaint.delay;0
ui.submenuDelay;50

Dark Knight
April 12th, 2013, 06:04 PM
As requested, I posted at the 8pecxstudios forum a few bugs and such I have found with Cyberfox V20.0.1, the posts just need to be approved being as I am a new member there.

BTW - This just may become my new default browser :Smile: