PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Mac Theme in Windows Style Builder

jwilco
March 31st, 2013, 02:18 AM
Hey all you windows style builder experts... can you take a look at this screenshot and tell me how i can fix these things?
The Alt-Tab screen is not formatted properly. Half is skinned and half is transparent.

If you see the attachment, you'll see if the shadow under windows is selected the skin loads perfect. If the shadow under windows is removed it doesn't load right at all.

How do i fix it so that it loads right no matter what the setting is?

Master101Chief
March 31st, 2013, 07:13 PM
I think you are on the wrong forum almost everyone here is a windows user, so we don't know a think about mac.
Maybe there is someone else that can awnser your question.

jwilco
March 31st, 2013, 09:02 PM
I think you are on the wrong forum almost everyone here is a windows user, so we don't know a think about mac.
Maybe there is someone else that can awnser your question.

This isn't a mac issue. I have Windows 7 32 bit with a Mac Theme i created with Windows Style Builder. I had a problem with the formatting in the style and wanted some help fixing it.

April 1st, 2013, 01:40 PM
That window is in Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Shadowless Window > Normal > Bottom and Top

Master101Chief
April 1st, 2013, 06:15 PM
This isn't a mac issue. I have Windows 7 32 bit with a Mac Theme i created with Windows Style Builder. I had a problem with the formatting in the style and wanted some help fixing it.

I kind of feel stupid now that I did not read the windows style builder part.
In that case we can but I can't.

jwilco
April 2nd, 2013, 05:34 AM
That window is in Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Shadowless Window > Normal > Bottom and Top

Thanks alot for the tip. Do you know what the dimensions and sizing of the image should be? Will this fix my Alt-Tab skinning problem as well?

April 2nd, 2013, 02:38 PM
Thanks alot for the tip. Do you know what the dimensions and sizing of the image should be? Will this fix my Alt-Tab skinning problem as well?

You're welcome.:tu:

Just use same images and sizing values from Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Window > Top and Bottom

And no. Alt+Tab is in Explorer & Shell > Shell > AltTab

IceBabee
April 3rd, 2013, 02:42 AM
Well sorry I can't help but, I see someone has! Hope your issue is fixed :)

jwilco
April 6th, 2013, 12:12 AM
Thanks 351837 for the help with this. I think my previous issue has been solved. I have two new issues and i was hoping someone would be able to help me fix them.

The menu in Explorer Windows and Control Panel has a background highlight color but the menu in notepad and other applications have what you see in the attached file. When you hover over the menu in Explorer windows or in Control Panel there is a glitch, it wants to show the rounded graphic highlight but keeps switching. How do i remove the blue highlight completely so it will use the graphic for the highlight?

Second issue below...

When you're in a program dialog box and you view Computer, the group header shows no text like maybe the text is white on white background, but when you hover over it's got a blue graphic background and white text.
See below... how do i change the white text on white background to black text so it's readable?

April 6th, 2013, 04:58 PM
For first issue go to Fonts, Colors, & System Metrics > Fonts & System Metrics and uncheck under FLATMENUS:BOOL
Then go to Toolbars, Headers, & Rebar > Toolbars & Headers > Toolbar > Button and edit image if you need to

For second go to Lists, Menus, & Tabs > ListView > GroupHeader and change color under HEADING1TEXTCOLOR:COLOR

jwilco
April 6th, 2013, 08:46 PM
For first issue go to Fonts, Colors, & System Metrics > Fonts & System Metrics and uncheck under FLATMENUS:BOOL
Then go to Toolbars, Headers, & Rebar > Toolbars & Headers > Toolbar > Button and edit image if you need to

For second go to Lists, Menus, & Tabs > ListView > GroupHeader and change color under HEADING1TEXTCOLOR:COLOR

Thanks. You really know your stuff. There's so many options in here i've gone line by line many times but never found the solutions. I'll try these and see if i can get them to work for me. Thanks again.

jwilco
April 8th, 2013, 02:32 AM
I have one question about the shadowless frames... 351837, your tips for the shadowless frames worked but for only the top and bottom.
The left and right are not skinned. How can i fix it and how do i make them just a 1 pixel border? See below.

The only other problem i have in this skin is with the basic version of it. in two places. See below.
As you can see, i have an issue with black around the more programs menu in the start menu where it should be white, also the title bar frame in basic is a little short on some dialog windows but not others, also if you see in the control panel, trouble shooting window, there is a blue section at the top that is not skinned but in the areo version it is skinned grey like everything else. Any idea where i can go to fix that?

Thanks again for the help.