PDA

View Full Version : Mechanism Boot Screen...

HammerJack
April 6th, 2013, 11:21 PM
Styled after the awesome theme build 'Mechanism (http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/57160-Mechanism?p=267829&viewfull=1#post267829)'.

This was a very special group project .
The concept and art work is by icebabee and this started out as gsw953 putting her ideas into a theme build,
and with the help of many others it soon grew into a massive project with a ton of extras!
I had a lot of fun working on this and hope you enjoy what you see!!
-----
This skin was made in 16:9 (1900x1080) resolution and may not appear correctly in other resolutions. If you are not running a 1920x1080 resolution, I would suggest you first load the 'PNG Images' folder instead of the .bs7 file. This should apply the skin with the best results. To check your monitor resolution go to 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display\Screen Resolution' and your current resolution will be listed on the line 'Resolution:' Once you have the skin applied you can now save it as a new .bs7 file using your own native resolution if you wish.
-----
To apply this boot skin I use the portable app 'Windows 7 Boot Updater made by Jeff Bush over at coder4life.com (http://coderforlife.com/projects/win7boot/).
Follow this LINK for a video Tutorial about how to change the animated boot screen in Windows 7 using the app 'Boot Updater' (http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/57172-Change-the-Windows-7-Boot-screen-with-Boot-Updater)
Remember there are risk's involved so be familiar with how to recover the operating system just in case.
Personally I have never had any issues or problems. But I have read about some instances when users have had problems.
For example. It may not work with certain language packs. If you are dual booting with Windows 7 & 8 you may have also have a problem.

Helpful links are included with the download that will show you how to:
1) Make a system restore CD/DVD, or system restore disk.
2) How to create a restore point.
3) How to boot into the Windows recovery options from the boot menu.

Please take time to read more details/instructions/warnings about the Boot Updater app HERE (http://www.coderforlife.com/projects/win7boot/) :
Credits
- The Mechanism concept and art work is by the very gifted icebabee (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/152436-IceBabee).
- The Mechanism (http://http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/57160-Mechanism?p=267829&viewfull=1#post267829) theme build is by master theme designer gsw953.
- Thanks to Vigoni for his Mechanism wallpaper used in one of my 'How-To' screen shots. (Download with the Mechanism theme (http://http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/57160-Mechanism?p=267829&viewfull=1#post267829).)
- Thanks to deviantdon for his Mechanism wallpaper (http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/57165-Mechanism) used in one of my 'How-To' screen shots.
- The Rusted Dark wallpaper (http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/57815-Rusted-Dark-wallpaper-by-Hammerjack) in the preview above (made by me), can be downloaded here at VC.
- Thanks to Jeff Bush at coder4life.com for the app Win7BootUpdater (http://www.coderforlife.com/projects/win7boot/).
What's in the download
The portable app 'Win7BootUpdater' made by Jeff Bush.
Mechanism Boot skin in 105 .png images folder.
Mechanism Boot skin in .bs7 format.
Default Windows 7 boot skin in 105.bmp images folder.
Instructions How to Create a Windows 7 System Repair Disc
Instructions How to Create a System Restore Point in Windows 7
Instructions How to Boot to the System Recovery Options in Windows 7

deviantdon
April 6th, 2013, 11:24 PM
you are a baddddd man..awesome job

IceBabee
April 7th, 2013, 02:57 AM
This is BAD ASS Jack! Awesome job....:)

lahercoll
April 7th, 2013, 03:01 AM
nice work my friend fantastic look thank you for share:happy:

x10ns
April 7th, 2013, 05:09 AM
AMAZIN!!

abdo70
April 7th, 2013, 11:53 AM
nice work my friend:tu:

Jaydeees
April 10th, 2013, 06:57 PM
This looks awesome but everytime I open the windows boot update it gives me an "program has stopped working" error. Anyone know why this thing doesn't work for me? Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit...?

robj2005
April 11th, 2013, 12:57 AM
Looks absolutely incredible Hammerjack !!,can't wait to try this out,thanks for sharing this :tu:

Ashley_B
April 12th, 2013, 10:58 PM
very good, excellent

HammerJack
April 19th, 2013, 03:28 PM
This looks awesome but everytime I open the windows boot update it gives me an "program has stopped working" error. Anyone know why this thing doesn't work for me? Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit...?
I am running the same system as you and this does not happen here.
Have you tried to right click the app and selecting 'Run as Administrator'?
Also, are you trying to run the app that I included in the download? This is a known good version and I have had no problems with it.
Also, is SP1 installed on your system?
Thanks again for your interest, let us know what happens..

Jaydeees
April 19th, 2013, 09:36 PM
I am running the same system as you and this does not happen here.
Have you tried to right click the app and selecting 'Run as Administrator'?
Also, are you trying to run the app that I included in the download? This is a known good version and I have had no problems with it.
Also, is SP1 installed on your system?
Thanks again for your interest, let us know what happens..

Thanks for the reply. I tried right clicking and nothing, also have SP1 installed. It still gives the same error. Downloaded the one you provided as well...hmm...

HammerJack
April 19th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the reply. I tried right clicking and nothing, also have SP1 installed. It still gives the same error. Downloaded the one you provided as well...hmm...

That is about all I know to check on, sorry.
I just reviewed the notes over at coder4life.com, and only 2 things jumped out at me.

1) Are you just trying to start up the app 'Win7 Boot Updater', or are you trying to create an installer?
He mentions that your error message is related to people trying to use a feature (Creating installers) on the app that is not working.

2) Are you running a dual boot system?
Multi-boot systems and systems with Bit-locker (or other whole-drive encryption) may cause numerous problems. You may try, but it may not work. One suggestion for multi-boot systems is to temporarily disable the multi-boot and boot directly into Windows 7 by setting BIOS boot drive and the boot partition. After setting the animation you can revert back without problems hopefully. For whole-drive encryption change the animation before the whole-drive encryption process is setup.

Only other question I can think of,
Have you had this app running before on your system, or is this the 1st time you have tried it?
And one more,
What drive letter is your Windows installed on?

Jaydeees
April 19th, 2013, 10:47 PM
That is about all I know to check on, sorry.
I just reviewed the notes over at coder4life.com, and only 2 things jumped out at me.

1) Are you just trying to start up the app 'Win7 Boot Updater', or are you trying to create an installer?
He mentions that your error message is related to people trying to use a feature (Creating installers) on the app that is not working.

2) Are you running a dual boot system?
Multi-boot systems and systems with Bit-locker (or other whole-drive encryption) may cause numerous problems. You may try, but it may not work. One suggestion for multi-boot systems is to temporarily disable the multi-boot and boot directly into Windows 7 by setting BIOS boot drive and the boot partition. After setting the animation you can revert back without problems hopefully. For whole-drive encryption change the animation before the whole-drive encryption process is setup.

Only other question I can think of,
Have you had this app running before on your system, or is this the 1st time you have tried it?
And one more,
What drive letter is your Windows installed on?

To answer your first question, all I do is click on the download link that you provided. It goes to the coder4life website, I click on it and it saves to my "downloads" folder, then from there I right click and run as admin. Then it gives me the error. It's on my C Drive.

2) No dual boot, just windows 7 ultimate.

3) Had it running a while ago on my system then it stopped working

4) Windows is installed on C drive. Then I have three other partitions for games, music and videos.

HammerJack
April 20th, 2013, 01:00 AM
To answer your first question, all I do is click on the download link that you provided.
OK, instead of going to the website and downloading a copy, try running the copy of the app included in the download.
I am positive this is a known good copy.

Had it running a while ago on my system then it stopped working.
This tells me that something has changed in your system files, somewhere along the way.
Can you recall and think of anything you did to your system at the same time it quit working.

Then I have three other partitions for games, music and videos.
Maybe you mean you have 3 extra drives, not partitions for games, music, & videos.
Because if they are on a different partition, then you have a multi boot system.
When you boot up, do you have to select a partition to start with?
If so I believe that is what is causing the issue.
As I quoted from the website in my last reply, and as I read the reported issues on his website, I find many times peeps have troubles when the boot partition, or the BIOS has been previously edited.

Again, according to the comments in my last reply, you may be able to try this;

temporarily disable the multi-boot and boot directly into Windows 7 by setting BIOS boot drive and the boot partition. After setting the animation you can revert back without problems hopefully.

And as a last resort, you can always run the built in Windows utility "SFC' ...
Let us know what happens please.

Jaydeees
April 20th, 2013, 01:16 AM
OK, instead of going to the website and downloading a copy, try running the copy of the app included in the download.
I am positive this is a known good copy.

This tells me that something has changed in your system files, somewhere along the way.
Can you recall and think of anything you did to your system at the same time it quit working.

Maybe you mean you have 3 extra drives, not partitions for games, music, & videos.
Because if they are on a different partition, then you have a multi boot system.
When you boot up, do you have to select a partition to start with?
If so I believe that is what is causing the issue.
As I quoted from the website in my last reply, and as I read the reported issues on his website, I find many times peeps have troubles when the boot partition, or the BIOS has been previously edited.

Again, according to the comments in my last reply, you may be able to try this;

And as a last resort, you can always run the built in Windows utility "SFC' ...
Let us know what happens please.

Alright well I tried to just run the app from the download you provided, still gives me the "stopped responding" error. I also meant to say I have 1 hard drive, but four separate partitions. It's a 2gig drive with 1gb for Windows 7 and program files, etc. Another 250gb for movies, 250gb for games and the rest is for music.

I do not have dual boot and do not have to select anything on start up. I have no idea why I keep getting the error but it's so annoying. don't know why my system won't let me use it.

HammerJack
April 20th, 2013, 01:29 AM
I also meant to say I have 1 hard drive, but four separate partitions..

I'm not a betting man, but I would have to in this case.
From my logic and from what I've read, it appears to have something to do with dividing up your partition.

From a diagnostic perspective, you could try reverting everything back to one partition, and see if that works.
Even then, the damage may be permanent and require a fresh install, yeow!
Might also try sending Jeff Bush an email also..
Thanks again and hope it goes well for ya..

Jaydeees
April 20th, 2013, 01:35 AM
I'm not a betting man, but I would have to in this case.
From my logic and from what I've read, it appears to have something to do with dividing up your partition.

From a diagnostic perspective, you could try reverting everything back to one partition, and see if that works.
Even then, the damage may be permanent and require a fresh install, yeow!
Might also try sending Jeff Bush an email also..
Thanks again and hope it goes well for ya..

Just tried it and still doesn't work. oh well, I give up on it lol. Thank you for your help though. It's a head scratcher on why it's not working

HammerJack
April 20th, 2013, 02:41 AM
Just tried it and still doesn't work. oh well, I give up on it lol. Thank you for your help though. It's a head scratcher on why it's not working

If you ever get to a point where you do a fresh install of Windows, And have amind to try it again, I bet it will work then..
Sorry bout the headache, but keep on trucking....................................................oo............o..

Hellcat
April 29th, 2013, 04:37 AM
this is fantastic Jack :)