PDA

View Full Version : New theme left me with black screen after log in

turtle11c
April 8th, 2013, 08:39 PM
-Poison-Windows-8-Theme

I installed this theme by mr grim ( in my opinion hes the best and this is the first issue ive ever had with a theme by him) and it left me with a black screen after logging in. I can open task manager with alt+Cyril+del but that is the only thing be idea the mouse pointer that shows up.

Please don't bother with shift+f8 while starting up that does absolutely nothing

YourNumbr1Fan
April 8th, 2013, 09:02 PM
What system patcher did you use?.....I ask this because I had a similar issue using UltraUXThemePatcher.
The best one to use, in my opinion, is UxStyleCore.

turtle11c
April 8th, 2013, 09:13 PM
I was under the impression that the exe came with all the files to make the theme work like every time before so I'm assuming its the ultrax

turtle11c
April 8th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Wow I need to proof read before posting sorry about that

YourNumbr1Fan
April 8th, 2013, 09:28 PM
No, this theme didn't come with a patcher.......It's always REALLY GOOD to read the description (info) posted under a theme upload, bro! In MrGrim's upload, I do believe he said you should use UXStyleCore......or at least he says that was what he was using, right?
For me, like I said, it's better than the others. UltraUX is garbage. It over-writes the files it patches, while UXStyle uses a service instead.

Trust me, go with UXStyleCore. Oh, and MAKE SURE you use the one that's appropriate for YOUR system specs.....x64 or x86.

turtle11c
April 8th, 2013, 09:44 PM
I can't do anything until I get rid of this black screen

YourNumbr1Fan
April 8th, 2013, 10:01 PM
I had to load my disk, then Refresh PC when it happened to me.......

Just, if you do that, remember to 1) get ALL of your important Windows updates, then 2) disable UAC, and finally 3) patch your system with UXStyleCore.

THEN you should be able to skin your os without a hitch bro.

turtle11c
April 8th, 2013, 10:14 PM
My laptop didnt come with a reset disc it's on a partition on the hard drive but it doesn't show up in the boot menu

YourNumbr1Fan
April 9th, 2013, 01:55 AM
I know this is a little late (I was offline for a few hours), but try pressing F11 or F8 (or F9, or F10....depending on your computer make) repeatedly while the computer is booting.......Then see if you get the option to repair your computer.
I hate that this has happened to you, but, believe me, I've been there done that soooo many times myself. Until I learned to pay attention to the uploader's info, follow instructions to the letter, and to make backups.
Hope you get it fixed mate.

A Guy
April 9th, 2013, 04:33 AM
You can run the System File Checker and it will replace the modified files with the default windows files. It will undo all your modifications though.

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/3047-sfc-scannow-command-run-windows-8-a.html

A Guy