PDA

View Full Version : change size of logon button.

XxHackThisxX
April 10th, 2013, 09:15 PM
I was pretty sure that i seen somewhere on here about changing the size of the logon button,but i cant seem to find it now.Can someone tell me how to change the size of the logon button.It is only about 2x2 inches.is very small.I would like to have it bigger so that when i put an image in it,i can actually see it..lol thanx..by the way.i have windows 7 home edition x64 bit

XxHackThisxX
April 10th, 2013, 10:32 PM
62105 This is too small.I would like to know how to resize this as im not familiar with it.

Letícia®
April 10th, 2013, 11:01 PM
just change the size of DPI of "windows 7"

of 100% to another size

I believe this will leave that larger picture

XxHackThisxX
April 10th, 2013, 11:06 PM
thanx for your reply.I will try that and letcha know how i make out.

XxHackThisxX
April 10th, 2013, 11:10 PM
no,sorry.that didnt work.That only changed the size of my icons and fonts on my desktop.It didnt do anything to resize the logon button.

XxHackThisxX
April 11th, 2013, 12:26 AM
is ok..thanx for helping and for replying :)

Letícia®
April 11th, 2013, 11:32 AM
I do not understand ... works or does not work ??????

well ... I'll mark here a person who for sure will know how to do it :loving:

freak69ize
April 11th, 2013, 12:08 PM
I think youll have to find the psd for the logon frame and enlarge it in PS or Gimp or some similar photo editing software and copy and past it onto whatever background you want to use.

Actually.. im not even sure if it can be done.. and if you could.. i think your picture in it would still be small. Im no help am i?? hahaha

Big V
April 11th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Thats not a button, thats is the user pic image frame and it not one you want to mess with if you don't fully understand what your doing as it will cause your system not boot or the start menu not to fully function. The images are located in authui.dll in system32 As far as I know it can not be resized to use a larger user pic

XxHackThisxX
April 11th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Thankyou everyone.Sorry BigV,i didnt know what to call it..lol.but now i do.I Think i will just leave things alone.It was just something i thought could be changed.I appreciate all the feedback.Thanx again

Big V
April 11th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Thankyou everyone.Sorry BigV,i didnt know what to call it..lol.but now i do.I Think i will just leave things alone.It was just something i thought could be changed.I appreciate all the feedback.Thanx again

You can change the frame on the user pic but you can not change the user pic image size that it is framing that i know of. I maybe wrong on this but i have never seen it done.
The .dll it is contained in is the one that causes a lot of systems to lose the ability to use the shutdown or restart buttons after installing 7tsp icon packs that contain that .dll res files

XxHackThisxX
April 11th, 2013, 02:24 PM
im good..ha ha.I am not one for messing with .dll files.Now if it was the registry,it would be ah different story,but i dont intend,or even want to think about rendering my computer useless.Thanx BigV for the info.Is nice to know i can come to ah place and get the answers im looking for.I am glad i found virtual customs :)

Harvey Sewdin
April 11th, 2013, 03:36 PM
hi mate,
This is something i haven't tried yet. But what i have done is change the logon userframe. I have a trick to make you frame 'bigger'. Take a look at the image bellow. You must edit authui.dll in system32. The red stripes show you the max width of the image(190x190px). the blue stripes shows you where the original userframe image ends(i edited mine that's why its greyed out). The trick is to draw the frame as big as the whole image(from the blue stripes to the red ones). This should give you a 'bigger' image.

XxHackThisxX
April 11th, 2013, 03:55 PM
nice! If and when i get the courage up to try it,i will letcha know how i make out.If yah dont see me on after tonight,yah know i failed..lmao

Big V
April 11th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Like I was trying to say that is the user frame and yes it can be changed and made a little bigger but the user pic it will frame can not be enlarged that I know of

XxHackThisxX
April 11th, 2013, 05:56 PM
well that would make all the more sense for me NOT to try it then,as the pic itself would not fill the frame.Thanx BigV