PDA

View Full Version : How to post new sig from computer?

XxHackThisxX
April 15th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Hi everyone. I would like to upload ah sig that i made for myself,but its asking me for ah url? Do i need to post online somewhere before i upload it to vc or cant i just upload it from my computer? It only has one option and thats from ah url. thanx

Big V
April 15th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Bud go to top of the main forum page and click setting to access user options.
Once your user page open look on right side and click edit signature.
At the bottom of the next page you should see upload signature pic with 2 options the first being for a url
The second option should be to upload it to the site.
Note the site does have a size limit of 600x300 and smaller than 9.54 mb

XxHackThisxX
April 15th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Thanx BIg V :)

XxHackThisxX
April 15th, 2013, 04:47 PM
ok.I inserted it and saved but i dont see it when i post? Did i do something wrong?

XxHackThisxX
April 15th, 2013, 04:48 PM
nevermind,i see it..lol.Think i need to edit it ah bit though

Big V
April 15th, 2013, 04:51 PM
ok if this is your first signature on the site, any post previous to uploading your sig will not show it as it was not part of the site database when the post was created, but any new post it should be visible

XxHackThisxX
April 15th, 2013, 04:52 PM
ok.Is my first sig try,doesnt look as good as i wanted but it will do for now :)

Big V
April 15th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Keep trying dude, practice makes perfect. lmao
But it's not to bad for a first try, Ive seen a lot of nasty first times and this isn't one of them.

XxHackThisxX
April 15th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Thanx Big V.Makes me feel ah little better..lol.I will get better at it.

XxHackThisxX
April 15th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Pffftttt..ha ha..I guess this sig cant be any worse..lmao

Rz_7
April 27th, 2013, 01:55 PM
I uploaded it, then I read in another thread about copying a link it provided, but I can't neither see or get the link, nor see my sig in posts.. I'm somewhat new here, is it a time on the forum thing, or...?? :(

HammerJack
April 27th, 2013, 02:46 PM
I uploaded it, then I read in another thread about copying a link it provided, but I can't neither see or get the link, nor see my sig in posts.. I'm somewhat new here, is it a time on the forum thing, or...?? :(

If you went to your Settings page and either browsed your computer for the new Sig, or entered a .url for your new Sig, did you click the 'Upload' button on the right?
If so, try completely logging out of the site, then clear your browser cookies, then log back into the site. It will be there.

PS.. Make sure you regard the size limits that are shown on your settings page.

Big V
April 27th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Note - The way the site works any post made previous to your signature being added to the site will not display a signature
Signatures will only be added to post made after the time your signature was uploaded.

Example - You have 20 post you did not upload your signature till you had made 15 post. So post 1-15 will never have a sig displayed.
Post 15 and up will display a whatever your current signature is.

I know thats kinda messed up but it the way the mod we have for VBulletin to display them was originally written