PDA

View Full Version : Driver Crash

Stephanie
April 22nd, 2013, 12:01 PM
Each time I play Alien Swarm I get my GPU drivers crashing (only happens when playing Alien Swarm) - any ideas please ?

http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o788/Ssnaps/3616_zps41c22542.png

8pecxstudios
April 22nd, 2013, 12:39 PM
reset all your driver and nvidia settings back to default if you have oc software like msi afterburner rest that as well

re-install the latest driver using in custom settings of the installer perform clean install.

then make sure as you tweak everything to only do it in small stages like changing FAA or physics ect only change some then check its not making the game crash ect

if you used the nvidia tool to optimize the game settings then reset to default for that game.

one of the above will solve this issue

Stephanie
April 22nd, 2013, 03:08 PM
I reset all driver and nvidia settings back to default and working perfect now, thank you Toadyshadow101 for your good advice ! :girl: :Smile:. :loving:

Stephanie
April 24th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Hi unfortunately my driver crash problem has returned but as before only when playing Alien Swarm on Steam ?

I have -
Reset all driver and nvidia settings back to default
System is not OCd
Re-install the latest driver using in custom settings of the installer and performed a clean install

Run R-Kill then Malwarebytes and ZoneAlarm Anti Virus - zero infections

So I'm wondering is Alien Swarm just not compatible with my ASUS GeForce GTX 650 Ti ?, any help appreciated :Smile:

8pecxstudios
April 24th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Are you running software like

MSI afterburner
ASUS gpu tweak
EVGA precision

some time an update on ether the tool or the game can conflict try running the game without the see if it still happens

Stephanie
April 25th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Hi Toadyshadow101 :Smile:, No I don't have any of them, but I did note that in nVidia control panel PhysX is no activated , does it need to be ?

8pecxstudios
April 25th, 2013, 01:26 AM
well usually PhysX plays an important part some games more then other some not so well but is present some games don't support it i make sure its set to auto as some PhysX engines use CPU others use GPU some use both.

i cant see that the game requirements would affect your setup as there quite minimal.

System Requirements

Minimum:

Processor: Pentium 4 3.0GHz
Memory: 1 GB for XP / 2GB for Vista
Graphics: DirectX 9 compatible video card with 128 MB, Shader model 2.0. ATI X800, NVidia 6600 or better
Hard Drive: At least 2.5 GB of free space
Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Recommended:

Processor: Intel core 2 duo 2.4GHz
Memory: 1 GB for XP / 2GB for Vista
Graphics: DirectX 9 compatible video card with Shader model 3.0. NVidia 7600, ATI X1600 or better
Hard Drive: At least 2.5 GB of free space
Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

so it will just be driver or setting releated

some times with steam repairing the game can help http://www.techblogistech.com/2011/11/how-to-fix-a-broken-steam-game/

by verifiying the game cache.

Also performing a clean install of some games can fix any issues but been that allot of games are now digital downloads this can be a huge inconvenience.

You could also try reverting back a driver version and see if that helps

Stephanie
April 25th, 2013, 01:40 AM
Thank you very much Toadyshadow101 I will look in to it :Smile: