PDA

View Full Version : hud theme or icon pack problems?

deviantdon
May 21st, 2013, 09:42 PM
so i have this problem,when i install the hud machine theme and some hud icon packs,for some reason the volume pop up window stops working and internet pop up window stops working also? now i have avast antivirus and while messing around today i found that if i shut off the "file system shield" and the "script shield" then everything starts to work right again with a reboot? but if these are turned on again then they stop working again?
anyone know why this is happening? i have 111 themes on my system and have used them all and never had to turn my antivirus off for them to run right.

ONE MAN ARMY
May 22nd, 2013, 01:45 AM
Wow Im not sure why your having this issue. I have installed the Hud Themes Multiple times. and I have also installed multiple Hud Icon packs without any issue's. Stay patient don. Im sure Mark Might know what is causing this.

Mr GRiM
May 22nd, 2013, 03:19 AM
I have no idea why you would have that problem, never heard of anyone having anything similar either, is this problem only happening when using my new installer or is this something you also get with the 7tsp packs?

May 22nd, 2013, 03:54 AM
before i install any iconpack, i turn off my avast first..
avast as jealous when i use any iconpack :peace:

deviantdon
May 22nd, 2013, 05:19 AM
well as far as the installer goes,i dont use. i extract the theme files then install the files manual to (windows ,resources,themes.). it might be 7tsp because come to think of it does seem to only happen when im using a icon pack . but on that note it would be any icon pack. but it only happens with the machine theme and thats the part i cant figure out.

deviantdon
May 22nd, 2013, 05:22 AM
before i install any iconpack, i turn off my avast first..
avast as jealous when i use any iconpack :peace:

696 i do the same thing along with uac controls but when everything is installed and i turn avast back on things start to not work unless i turn those two functions mentioned before off. then im all good.

MOST_WASTED
May 22nd, 2013, 06:52 PM
does your avast alert you before it does its actions (like when it detects a virus) or does it do the recommended action automatically? maybe it just doesnt allow some of the changes that comes with the hud installation and so it blocks them. you could try turning off the automatic action feature of your antivirus during the hud install. maybe if it detects the change it will ask you if you wanna allow it, that way it'll get whitelisted if u say yes. good luck

deviantdon
May 22nd, 2013, 08:00 PM
does your avast alert you before it does its actions (like when it detects a virus) or does it do the recommended action automatically? maybe it just doesnt allow some of the changes that comes with the hud installation and so it blocks them. you could try turning off the automatic action feature of your antivirus during the hud install. maybe if it detects the change it will ask you if you wanna allow it, that way it'll get whitelisted if u say yes. good luck

yes ive done this and came up with the same results .

8pecxstudios
May 22nd, 2013, 08:47 PM
have you tried a different AV system maybe its the AV itself that's causing the issue.

deviantdon
May 23rd, 2013, 01:54 AM
have you tried a different AV system maybe its the AV itself that's causing the issue.

suggestions bro? ive been with avast along time lol. and cant stand avg lol.

Mr GRiM
May 23rd, 2013, 01:56 AM
You could try Microsoft Security Essentials lol, that's what I have used since it first BETA came out.

deviantdon
May 23rd, 2013, 02:01 AM
You could try Microsoft Security Essentials lol, that's what I have used since it first BETA came out.

thanks mark i will try that and send an update.:cheeky:

8pecxstudios
May 23rd, 2013, 04:38 AM
thats up to you its just a suggestion to see if its just your current av thats giving you issues.

you could try comodo then switch back any av would do to test except MSE lol

deviantdon
May 23rd, 2013, 04:42 AM
thats up to you its just a suggestion to see if its just your current av thats giving you issues.

you could try comodo then switch back any av would do to test except MSE lol

will try these also thank you very much for your help:Peace:

MOST_WASTED
May 23rd, 2013, 10:13 AM
there we go brilliant idea there, mark is right. MSE is good and its free. i switched to it from kaspersky and its been doing a good job, theres even no need to configure it that much