PDA

View Full Version : need a good sytem cleaner

sounddevil13
May 23rd, 2013, 02:18 PM
I am wondering if their is a good system cleaner for the registry files and junk files for the computer?

pats
May 23rd, 2013, 02:47 PM
I am wondering if their is a good system cleaner for the registry files and junk files for the computer?

ccleaner all the way ! very easy very powerfull !!!

max68
May 23rd, 2013, 03:01 PM
Ccleaner is good but also a look at Glary utilities I do not miss it and very good friend recommended ok there and also pro version free download on the net good wishes.
max68

XxHackThisxX
May 23rd, 2013, 04:14 PM
I use Ccleaner and Auslogics boost speed. Ccleaner does ah good job and is pretty safe,However,i still find alot of left over junk after using Ccleaner.I then use auslogics to take out the rest.I have never had ah problem with auslogics.It has never deleted anything i didnt want it to.besides,it gives you the option to delete each individualy.It also has an excellent disk defragmenter,reg cleaner,reg defrag,and much more.The only part of it i dont use is the "speed up internet tool".630006300163002

XxHackThisxX
May 23rd, 2013, 04:27 PM
P.S... Auslogics is NOT free. There are alot of good reviews.One thing i forgot to mention is that it has ah backup and restore which i prefer in any cleanup utility.You really have to go through everything it offers to get the most out of it.You can do ah system scan and it will find mostly everything,but then go into advanced tools and you will find more.But to each their own.I know everyone has their different opinions.I find this tool to be very helpfull and my computer is extremely fast.I love it! and i highly recommend it if yah wannah spend ah little money.

Dark Knight
May 23rd, 2013, 04:35 PM
I use CCleaner in conjunction with Koshy John's Disk Max and also TFC by Old Timer to get the temp files that the others miss. Using those three will cleanup your system pretty good.
Then I use Glary Utility's Registry defrag about once a month.

One thing to realize though is that if you use the Windows uninstall utility, your system is never really clean, the Windows Uninstall utility leaves heaps of crap behind after an uninstall, especially in the registry, so I would recommend a 3rd party uninstaller like Revo Uninstaller and use it to uninstall software from your system, it not only uninstalls programs from your system it will also scan for traces left over both in Explorer and the registry to completely rid your system of the program.

I would not recommend using software to "clean" your registry, most of them do more harm than good, cleaning the registry does nothing to improve your computers performance and all you need to make is one mistake in the registry and you will render your system unbootable.
If you DO use a cleaner I would recommend you have a disk clone or image to fall back on in the event the cleaner renders your computer unbootable. Most of the better "cleaners" will make a system restore point in the event of a mistake which is ok if the system is running but if you reboot and your system will not start there is no real point of having that restore point now is there? I mean you can get to it by pressing F8 or F9 depending on your computers manufacturer but I have seen it a 100 times even with a restore point set, when you run the restore Windows cannot do it and comes up with some sort of error leaving you to do one thing and one thing only, restore back to factory settings because most people do not have a backup plan.
This is why I say to have a clone or image on hand if your going to go down that road, you may lose some data depending on how old the clone or image is but intstead of spending hours or days getting yourself back running, having a clone or image will have you back up and going in no time at all without losing everything you have saved in one fell swoop.

*Edit* - If you don't have a backup plan I would recommend doing so, there are many both free and paid out there. Personally I would recommend Acronis True Image, it's not free but well worth the money. It'll not only save your butt in instances as I described above, but also in the event of a virus or something else malicious.

max68
May 23rd, 2013, 04:54 PM
I will not leave any residual files use revo uninstaller pro with advanced scanzione the end of the uninstall process but if I'm being completely honest as uniblue powersuite 2013 I have not found much more complete and effective on any PC from start-up to defrag driver eTCC ......

XxHackThisxX
May 23rd, 2013, 04:58 PM
[/QUOTE] I would not recommend using software to "clean" your registry, most of them do more harm than good, cleaning the registry does nothing to improve your computers performance and all you need to make is one mistake in the registry and you will render your system unbootable. If you DO use a cleaner I would recommend you have a disk clone or image to fall back on in the event the cleaner renders your computer unbootable. Most of the better "cleaners" will make a system restore point in the event of a mistake which is ok if the system is running but if you reboot and your system will not start there is no real point of having that restore point now is there? I mean you can get to it by pressing F8 F9 depending on your computers manufacturer but I have seen it a 100 times even with a restore point set, when you run the restore Windows cannot do it and comes up with some sort of error.
This is why I say to have a clone or image on hand if your going to go down that road, you may lose some data depending on how old the clone or image is but intstead of spending hours or days getting yourself back running, having a clone or image will have you back up and going in no time at all.[/QUOTE]

Well said..I completely agree with yah.Personally i would rather go in manually and delete entries from the registry myself.This way,i know whats being deleted.It can be time consuming,but i would only recommend it if your an advanced user and you know what your doing.I have tried so many registry cleaners over the years and have had problems with several of them.so far Ccleaner and Auslogics have never gave me ah problem."knock on wood"..ha ha.But as yah say,I personally wouldnt recommend any registry cleaner to anyone as they can do more damage then they can do good.Thankyou for putting that in there.

Stephanie
May 23rd, 2013, 06:08 PM
I tried RegCleaner some months ago ... and had to reinstall Windows 7 because it totally messed up my OS :grrr: I wont use one again !

DenpaShana
May 23rd, 2013, 07:10 PM
I personally used to like Advanced system care but it now slows my system and breaks some things so i stay away from it now but i have never had problems with ccleaner and boostspeed. infact i like ccleaner and boostspeed most as i have never had problems with them in the past. I am also trying to keep away from doing registry cleaning now but sometimes I like to do a scan to see what it finds.
Just from my experience of trying different cleaners i like Ccleaner and boostspeed and stick with them, but at the moment im playing around with Tuneup Utilities.

8pecxstudios
May 23rd, 2013, 11:07 PM
I only use Glarys great program the free version and the pro also its skinable so making custom skins for it to match themes is great.

Dwarven24
May 23rd, 2013, 11:48 PM
hi:Smile:
ccleaner is a good tool for cleaning the pc,:yawn:
when I uninstall something, use Revo Uninstaller Pro, which allows me to clean the registry and delete files program latent:greedy:

hope I've helped:Peace:
bye!