PDA

View Full Version : problems with display

sounddevil13
June 3rd, 2013, 04:05 PM
everytime i log off or reboot, my display changes my screen res, and i havve to change the resolution manuelly. it is almost like it is not saveing my settings. what can I do? it is getting very old.:anger:

Mr GRiM
June 3rd, 2013, 04:15 PM
Very strange, sounds like a registry problem maybe, best guys to talk to about that would be these guys at sevenforums http://www.sevenforums.com you may need to do a repair install.

XxHackThisxX
June 3rd, 2013, 04:55 PM
you might want to try ah clean boot to see if you could resolve the problem.It could be something in your startup through the msconfig utility that might be causing the problem.You could also try disabling live mesh as it is not needed and can also cause problems.Do you have any games installed? sometimes games use ah different resolution and if any part of that software is booting then it will change your resolution also.You could also check to make sure program compatibility service is disabled or enabled through the administrative services.Also make sure your graphics card is up to date.Hope this helps.good luck

XxHackThisxX
June 3rd, 2013, 05:10 PM
If that doesnt help,then you should also check this as it might be your problem..1. Click the “Start” (orb-like) button.
2. Type “msconfig”(without the quotes) and press enter.
3. You’ll get a small window. In that select the “boot” tab.
4. Under that select your operating system(it would be selected by default unless you have a dual-boot).
5. Make sure the “Base Video” option is UNCHEKED.
6. Apply the settings and then reboot your system after setting your desired resolution.
7. I hope this solves your problem!
Make sure you select the desired resolution BEFORE you reboot.

Dark Knight
June 3rd, 2013, 05:18 PM
Check your display driver(s) , may be corrupt or out of date.