PDA

View Full Version : hud windows 8 theme problem im having

polterghozt
June 6th, 2013, 03:37 AM
i think this theme needs some kind of uninstaller because I deleted the theme and cleaned everything off just the way I was supost to and when I get to the files that are placed into the c drive directory to delete them then I reboot I get nothing but a black screen and nothing more happens no blinking and nothing loads at all so any input or help would be great had to basically start over again....thanks

Mr GRiM
June 6th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Did you go back to the default Aero theme before you did sfc /scannow, if you didn't then you will have a black screen on reboot unless you are using UxStyle Core and selected an alternative theme.

polterghozt
June 6th, 2013, 01:42 PM
yes sir i did i made sure of that even deleted the theme out of the personalization box this is the third time this is happened and it sems when i delete those entrees in the c drive that go below the windows folder thats when it happens

polterghozt
June 6th, 2013, 02:02 PM
on another know i use the core patcher ....and didnt know if you knew this but the other patcher they made for windows 8 works but the problem they didnt research before making it is they didnt know windows updates would have a change in the theme folders well when i use to use that other theme patcher and then get certain updates id restart to update and then a blinking black screen but i narrowed it down to which windows updates are doing it and its somwhere in the last 5 when you get 40 updates installed so if you have that patcher applied and you do updates im certain that it will happen to anyone thats why i use the core patcher because it doesnt modify any files just creates a theme process so i figured id throw that in there so people know and ill throw the patcher in here to cuz i wouldnt wish anyone bad luck with the ultrathemepatcher for anyone who uses the other besides the core patcher i put here im sorry for you lol but i learned my lesson

polterghozt
June 6th, 2013, 05:30 PM
i guess no one else has any ideas???

Dark Knight
June 6th, 2013, 08:50 PM
i guess no one else has any ideas???

IMO, If you are running Windows 8 wouldn't worry to much about modding it right now, The beta release of 8.1 is right around the corner with the final release is due to be released later this year.
I say this because with the release of 8.1 it is going to present a whole new set of problems for those that design themes, I mean the final release for WSB for windows 8 isn't even complete yet and 8.1 is coming out right around the corner which will present more changes for WSB.

I guess what I am trying to say is that even if you have a custom theme running on 8 right now, chances are they will not work or will half way work on 8.1, I think Microsoft is making it real hard for custom themers to do anything with Windows 8 right at the moment and will continue to do so in all future releases of operating systems.

If your having that much trouble with custom themes on 8, if it were me I would just do a clean install of 8 and just leave it alone, at least until we see what 8.1 will bring.

polterghozt
June 6th, 2013, 08:52 PM
i agree after yesterday im pretty much sitting on it now thanks for the reply