PDA

View Full Version : Login Screen Capture

XxHackThisxX
June 15th, 2013, 04:16 AM
I dont know if this is in here or not but i thought i would post it.I know some of you are wondering how to capture your login screen.I use "Login Screen Capture" which is very simple to install.Login Screen Capture 7 is a
simplehttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png (http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Graphic-Capture/Login-Screen-Capture-7.shtml#), accessible and handy software that allows you to easily capture your Windows 7 login screen.

In order to use the
softwarehttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png (http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Graphic-Capture/Login-Screen-Capture-7.shtml#) you need to:
· Open up \Windows\System32
· Look for a file called "Utilman.exe"
· Take ownership the "Utilman.exe" file, and rename it into "Utilman_old.exe"
· Copy the new "Utilman.exe" file that is located in this folder to Windows\System32
· Lock Windows 7, and click on the Ease of Access button.
· Capture the logon screen with ease.

If you dont know how to take ownership of a file then i will show you.

1.right click the file that you want to take ownership of and click on "properties".
2.A box will appear.At the top,click on the "security" tab.
3.After clicking on the security tab,near the bottom,click the "advanced" button.
4.Another box will pop up.At the top of that box,click on the "Owner" tab.
5.At the bottom of that box,click on the "Edit" button.
6.In the box that appears next,go to where it says "Change owner too:",and click on the appropriate name,usually the one with "Administrator" by it,and then click apply
7.exit the file and then rename it.
Here is the download url that i used..http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Graphic-Capture/Login-Screen-Capture-7.shtml
Thats it.Enjoy :)

Chris Massagee
June 15th, 2013, 04:58 AM
i just tried this , where is the image saved at ?

edit: nvm the screen capture box didnt pop up the first time , nice tool

TuraelFA
June 15th, 2013, 05:11 AM
%windir%\System32\oobe\info\backgrounds

i use Tuneup Utilities to change my background

dont understand why a programm needs ownership of a *.exe to change the logonscreen Tuneup don´t need this and other programms i have seen so far to change the logonscreen don´t need it too
i wouldnt change the Ultiman.exe

XxHackThisxX
June 15th, 2013, 05:20 AM

dont understand why a programm needs ownership of a *.exe to change the logonscreen Tuneup don´t need this and other programms i have seen so far to change the logonscreen don´t need it too

This does not change your logon screen.It takes ah screenshot of it.

TuraelFA
June 15th, 2013, 05:39 AM
if u want a screenshot from your screen press the Print Key on your Keyboard

open Paint or any other Image editing software press strg / ctrl + v and there is it if u have changed your loginscreen u know where the Picture is and dont need to capture it
don´t understand the use of the programm makes no sense for me ^^

maybe it would make sense if it would capture your bootscreen

8pecxstudios
June 15th, 2013, 06:58 AM

Hi mate the program itself dose not need to take ownership of the file, The reason ownership of the file is needed is so you can rename the existing file with .old or .bak in order to place the new file that has been modified to take screenshots of the log-on page.:peace:

Lamia
June 15th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Thank you for this my friend! :Smile:

XxHackThisxX
June 15th, 2013, 04:18 PM
if u want a screenshot from your screen press the Print Key on your Keyboard

open Paint or any other Image editing software press strg / ctrl + v and there is it if u have changed your loginscreen u know where the Picture is and dont need to capture it
don´t understand the use of the programm makes no sense for me ^^

maybe it would make sense if it would capture your bootscreen

you can not use the "print screen" in the "Login screen".Only on the desktop that i know of.If you have found ah way to use the print screen in the "login screen",by all means,please show us how.Would be interesting to see.:Smile:

XxHackThisxX
June 15th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Thank you for this my friend! :Smile:

Your welcome my friend:Smile:

TuraelFA
June 15th, 2013, 09:09 PM
i realy doesn´t know if u can use this at the logonscreen too or not i haven´t test it yet ^^
i only think it make no sense to take a screen from your logonscreen because if u have change it you have the pictures from the logon screen so why make a screen from a background u have and if u chose a User accaunt picture to schow it u have it too so u can make the logonscreen with the user accaunt picture in any image edit programm in 10 sek so why use a programm to capture your logon screen thats all ;oD

XxHackThisxX
June 15th, 2013, 09:24 PM
:evil:am all done trying to explain this.If anyone else would like to jump in,PLEASE feel free to do so.

XxHackThisxX
June 15th, 2013, 09:29 PM
i just tried this , where is the image saved at ?

edit: nvm the screen capture box didnt pop up the first time , nice tool

did the same thing to me too.Had to click it twice.I also tried after ah reboot and still the same.I guess thats just how it works.Works great though :) and thankyou

YourNumbr1Fan
June 16th, 2013, 12:35 AM
:what:I really like this! The Logon Editor program I have been using for the last 2 or 3 hundred years does allow for a screen-capture of the logon screen, but it doesn't give you an accurate preview of it if you say have a custom user-frame, or have removed the Windows branding. The tool lets you pick the branding from all the Windows 7 versions, but, like I said, if you've removed the branding entirely (I always do on my computer), the tool still sticks one on there. Plus it always gives you the default user-image-frame. Since I always remove my branding, and always have one of MrGrim's user-image-frames, I've always had to edit my captures with PS afterwords.
So----this tool is awesome! The only issue is that I always get an error saying something about C:/Windows/System32 being unavailable as a save location or something like that....a long message....and so then I just choose 'Downloads' as my save location, name the .jpeg, and all is good. Wonder if this works on regular boot up, I mean instead of having to Lock the monitor. Probably so. Choosing Lock is quicker though for sure. Thanks for sharing this XxHackThisxX. Saves me some work, fo rizzle my nizzle!:tu:

ps---I wish there was a way to animate the logon-screen, like with a .gif, but that's been something I've tried to find out how to do for a long time. Can't be done I think. The closest thing to animation I've ever seen done is the Longhorn one here: http://dejco.deviantart.com/art/LHR-Logon-for-Windows-7-RTM-R1-132970149

There has to be a way to replicate the effect though, but damned if I feel like fooling with it. I'm too leery that I'll crash-out my system. Never fails when I start experimenting too much.

XxHackThisxX
June 16th, 2013, 02:52 AM
QUOTE" The only issue is that I always get an error saying something about C:/Windows/System32 being unavailable as a save location or something like that....Quote"

I get that same error.I just click ok save it to documents or downloads.That is the only issue i can find with it.And yes,you can take ah screen shot after booting before you get to the desktop.I tried it and it worked. glad yah like it :)