PDA

View Full Version : Need help getting started

grunt3
July 5th, 2013, 05:37 PM
I changed one color with WSB and when I saved it asked me if I wanted to use that style and it worked and it saved as a msstyles file. But what if I want to use this style by clicking on it or through personalize? When I click on the msstyles file in windows/resources it opens up a Window Color and Appearance window. In other words, I'd like to be able to use this msstyles without using it through WSB. Is there a way I can use this msstyles by going through the personalize menu? Sorry if this solution is posted elsewhere, but I wasn't able to find this through the tutorials.

Lamia
July 5th, 2013, 06:32 PM
I changed one color with WSB and when I saved it asked me if I wanted to use that style and it worked and it saved as a msstyles file. But what if I want to use this style by clicking on it or through personalize? When I click on the msstyles file in windows/resources it opens up a Window Color and Appearance window. In other words, I'd like to be able to use this msstyles without using it through WSB. Is there a way I can use this msstyles by going through the personalize menu? Sorry if this solution is posted elsewhere, but I wasn't able to find this through the tutorials.
You can't use just one file like msstyles, if you have complete theme and edit that file in wsb, after edit it, you need to copy/cut file to win/resources/theme.name.folder and replace it with old one. If you cant replace it, first select some other theme, restart computer or use right click windows explorer restarter, then replace file with steps above, and then use your new modify theme, hope this helps, enjoy my friend! :Smile:

grunt3
July 5th, 2013, 06:53 PM
What I want to do is make some modifications to the default Aero theme. So, I copied the Aero theme file and the Aero directory to a Aero - Copy theme and Aero - Copy directory.. I opened up the msstyles file in Aero - Copy, and edited it and tested it and it works. When I click on personalize and I look at the installed themes, I see a new Windows 7 (the Aero - Copy I think) theme and I click on that. When I do that, it reverts to the original Aero theme and not the new copy. Alternatively, I can also directly click on the Aero - Copy theme file in the folder and it still does not work as tested in WSB (it's the same as the default Aero). What am I doing wrong?

Lamia
July 5th, 2013, 07:34 PM
What I want to do is make some modifications to the default Aero theme. So, I copied the Aero theme file and the Aero directory to a Aero - Copy theme and Aero - Copy directory.. I opened up the msstyles file in Aero - Copy, and edited it and tested it and it works. When I click on personalize and I look at the installed themes, I see a new Windows 7 (the Aero - Copy I think) theme and I click on that. When I do that, it reverts to the original Aero theme and not the new copy. Alternatively, I can also directly click on the Aero - Copy theme file in the folder and it still does not work as tested in WSB (it's the same as the default Aero). What am I doing wrong?
Sorry my friend i never have a chance modify default Aero file, but i dont know if you can edit and replace it, hope someone else will help you out here, good luck! :peace: