PDA

View Full Version : Problems installing themes

grunt3
July 6th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Sorry for this silly question, but in all the dark themes I've downloaded I have this problem where the text in the Downloads and Desktop folder is black, while it's grey/white in the other folders.

I'm pretty sure it's not the way the theme is supposed to appear. Why is this happening? I've patched the 3 files with universal theme patcher.

Mr GRiM
July 6th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Sorry for this silly question, but in all the dark themes I've downloaded I have this problem where the text in the Downloads and Desktop folder is black, while it's grey/white in the other folders.

I'm pretty sure it's not the way the theme is supposed to appear. Why is this happening? I've patched the 3 files with universal theme patcher.

I have seen one other person with this problem and it was not a problem with the themes, we never figured out why the text was turning black but a fresh install was his only solution, another solution is to do a repair install of Windows 7, you could also try doing a system scan to fix any corrupted files by running a command prompt and sfc /scannow if you do that you will need to run Universal Theme Patcher again after or custom themes will no longer work, I am pretty sure he tried this though and the problem was still there so it may have been a corrupt registry in which case only a fresh install or repair install will fix.

Lamia
July 6th, 2013, 05:46 PM

You have Windows 7 x64? If you do if you have already patch your system with 3 files for x64, also patch your system with x86 installer with 2 left files to patch, restart your pc, maybe that will fix your problem, if not it's worth a shot, at least you are completly patch for windows 7 custom themes, hope this helps! :peace:

XxHackThisxX
July 6th, 2013, 06:32 PM

i have windows 7 x64 also.I just patched the 3 files then installed "theme resource changer x64" and have never had ah problem.Did yah install "theme resource changer x64"? just wondering if that might be part of yah problem.then again,maybe not.is worth ah try

grunt3
July 6th, 2013, 06:39 PM
I tried sfc /scannow then ran the universal theme patcher for x64, rebooted and it didn't work. I then ran the universal them patcher for x86, rebooted and it didn't work. I'm dreading a fresh install of windows 7 x64 because of all the reinstalling of other programs and settings that that would require.

Mr GRiM
July 6th, 2013, 07:09 PM
I tried sfc /scannow then ran the universal theme patcher for x64, rebooted and it didn't work. I then ran the universal them patcher for x86, rebooted and it didn't work. I'm dreading a fresh install of windows 7 x64 because of all the reinstalling of other programs and settings that that would require.

If you have allot of programs installed you can do a repair install and it will not remove anything, it will keep all your installed programs, files and settings but the repair install will take a few hours but doesn't require you to do anything in that time, here is a tutorial on how to do it http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html, I have done a repair install a few times myself as I hate fresh installs and I find after a fresh repair install the OS seems much faster and just as good as a clean install

July 7th, 2013, 12:01 PM
GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM), i have to disagree a repair install is great if you just have too many programs to reinstall, but NOTHING is as good as a clean install. personally i recommend doing a clean install every 6 months. ultimately it has to be the system owners decision.