PDA

View Full Version : How do i customize currently open taskbar icon ?

Dicehunter
July 8th, 2013, 12:19 PM
I have all my icons done but I was wondering how I would customize the currently open program/folder task bar icons ?

Example pic below -

ONE MAN ARMY
July 8th, 2013, 12:31 PM
I have all my icons done but I was wondering how I would customize the currently open program/folder task bar icons ?

Example pic below -

Here is a good tutorial that should walk you through the steps. Be a good Idea to find the icons you wish to install in your tasbar first.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/28847/how-to-customize-your-windows-7-taskbar-icons-for-any-app/

Dicehunter
July 8th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Appreciate the reply but that's for pinned icons not minimized / currently open folder

Lamia
July 8th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Appreciate the reply but that's for pinned icons not minimized / currently open folder
First you need to customise/replace default icon for windows explorer in your case, then it will show minimized the way you want/the way you want it, mostly users here using 7tsp iconpacks so they can get fully customized windows icons!

ONE MAN ARMY
July 8th, 2013, 02:06 PM
That will just change any system icon that 7tsp changed. But for app icons. Such as Restorator, WSB, Firefox, etc These icons will be the same. Im not sure how to change the actual application icons.

Lamia
July 8th, 2013, 04:38 PM
That will just change any system icon that 7tsp changed. But for app icons. Such as Restorator, WSB, Firefox, etc These icons will be the same. Im not sure how to change the actual application icons.
For some applications you must use Restorator to change application icons, but in most cases best way to change is create application shortcut on desktop or start menu and right click on it, go to propertys and change default icon! :Smile:

Dicehunter
July 19th, 2013, 03:19 AM
Thanks for the replys all, Got it in the end :)