PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard is freezing programs

Iai8
July 11th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Completely new here, and I can't claim to know that much about computers yet, but I was referred here by a friend for this problem. Whenever I hold a key on my keyboard, the majority of my programs freeze. Word and browsers are the only exceptions to this. All my drivers are up to date, and I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate. Any help would be much appreciated.
Don't know if I need to post specs or not, but I can if they're needed.

ONE MAN ARMY
July 11th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Completely new here, and I can't claim to know that much about computers yet, but I was referred here by a friend for this problem. Whenever I hold a key on my keyboard, the majority of my programs freeze. Word and browsers are the only exceptions to this. All my drivers are up to date, and I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate. Any help would be much appreciated.
Don't know if I need to post specs or not, but I can if they're needed.

Is this a laptop or a Desktop????? If its a laptop. Try turning your laptop off. Unplug the power cord and then remove battery. With battery removed hold power button down for 30 seconds. Then plug everything back in see if this works. I have heard this can solve the issue. Not sure why or how but I read this online. and people had success

Iai8
July 11th, 2013, 07:26 PM
My apologies, it's a laptop. I tried what you said, and it appears to have worked so far. Thanks!