PDA

View Full Version : seriously need help, start bar is basic as is everything else :O

error55o
August 2nd, 2013, 03:38 PM
please help, I bought a game, saint's row 3, it reverted my desktop back to basic, now I'm stuck with basic with custom themes, native themes work fine
I used to have (and love) the below
and now I have this below
I've tried everything, I know of from stopping the DWM and using "net stop uxsms" and "net start uxsms", re-installed the themes and even tried in safe mode, nothing works so please help

Themes used are Blade and HUD, I get aero excreta with native windows themes but not these.

ONE MAN ARMY
August 2nd, 2013, 03:47 PM
please help, I bought a game, saint's row 3, it reverted my desktop back to basic, now I'm stuck with basic with custom themes, native themes work fine
I used to have (and love) the below
and now I have this below
I've tried everything, I know of from stopping the DWM and using "net stop uxsms" and "net start uxsms", re-installed the themes and even tried in safe mode, nothing works so please help

Themes used are Blade and HUD, I get aero excreta with native windows themes but not these.

Have you tried Running SFC / Scannow This will check for anything corrupted and fix it. THen you will need to repatch your setem with universal theme patcher. Try this then let me know if it help.

error55o
August 2nd, 2013, 04:26 PM
this is what I get with sfc /scannow "verification 17% complete." new line "Windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation." and then exits

error55o
August 2nd, 2013, 05:20 PM
ok, progress, I used 7tsp GUI to re add the extra's, aero fixed but now I need the start bar skin reapplied :(

error55o
August 2nd, 2013, 05:32 PM
ok, I totally fixed this, I went through the steps 3 times and the third time, all done :) start bar, everything, back to awesome mode, now all I have to to is replace the start orb with the custom one I made :)

steps taken were, re-run ThemeResourceChanger and 7tsp and eventually, all was back to working :D ty for the help

beagleman1701
August 23rd, 2013, 07:31 AM
thanks for the help man really thanks.