PDA

View Full Version : cant install cyberfox updater?

XxHackThisxX
August 3rd, 2013, 02:39 PM
morning everyone.I seem to be having ah problem updating cyberfox.I can not install the cyberfox updater as it tells me that i need netframework 4.5 or higher.I have tried windows update to see if it would pick it up but to no avail.Do i have to download it manually? and if so,where do i get it? So with this said,if i can not get netframework 4.5 or higher,then i should manually uninstall cyberfox and reinstall it? I would hate to do this everytime there is an update.Thanx

system specs:
Satellite L745-S4310
windows 7 home premium x64
4gb ram
intel icore 3 dual core

8pecxstudios
August 3rd, 2013, 03:05 PM
morning everyone.I seem to be having ah problem updating cyberfox.I can not install the cyberfox updater as it tells me that i need netframework 4.5 or higher.I have tried windows update to see if it would pick it up but to no avail.Do i have to download it manually? and if so,where do i get it? So with this said,if i can not get netframework 4.5 or higher,then i should manually uninstall cyberfox and reinstall it? I would hate to do this everytime there is an update.Thanx

system specs:
Satellite L745-S4310
windows 7 home premium x64
4gb ram
intel icore 3 dual core

H mate

You Should really post in the support forums other wise it might go unanswered here

Important Notice: Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5 is required for the updater & GetHash Tool to work and function correctly. You can download Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5 from this link.
Download Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653)

I did mark on the release notes and when you click the button to download the newer version of the update manager i also added info in the FAQ in the support forums

I also set the installer to not install cyberfox update manager if .net 4.5 was not installed to prevent people getting a fatal crash when the update manager trys to run due to its .net dependency.

A simple download and install of .net 4.5 will fix the issue.

Please try the support forums for help :)

XxHackThisxX
August 3rd, 2013, 04:45 PM
hi toady.ty for the reply.I apologize for not putting this in ah help forum.Im really not sure which forum to go to. I know there are ah couple here.Anyway's,to reply to your answer,i installed netframework 4.5. The outcome was not good.It reaked havoc on my cyberfox browser.And that was even before installing the cyberfox updater.I then attempted to download the updater anyway,but it kept saying that it stopped and would not work.I then completely uninstalled cyberfox,wiping it from the registry,uninstalled framework 4.5 and the updater.started over.still same,no success.I have ah feeling it has nothing to do with the updater,cyberfox,or framework.My computer to begin with didnt like the framework.Cyberfox was working awesome before i tried to update it.So....In the end i just uninstalled and reinstalled cyberfox to the newest version.It works great!! I think i will just keep it at that..lol..thanks again :)

8pecxstudios
August 3rd, 2013, 11:17 PM
hi toady.ty for the reply.I apologize for not putting this in ah help forum.Im really not sure which forum to go to. I know there are ah couple here.Anyway's,to reply to your answer,i installed netframework 4.5. The outcome was not good.It reaked havoc on my cyberfox browser.And that was even before installing the cyberfox updater.I then attempted to download the updater anyway,but it kept saying that it stopped and would not work.I then completely uninstalled cyberfox,wiping it from the registry,uninstalled framework 4.5 and the updater.started over.still same,no success.I have ah feeling it has nothing to do with the updater,cyberfox,or framework.My computer to begin with didnt like the framework.Cyberfox was working awesome before i tried to update it.So....In the end i just uninstalled and reinstalled cyberfox to the newest version.It works great!! I think i will just keep it at that..lol..thanks again :)

Hi mate

Here is the link to the forum https://8pecxstudios.com/Forums/index.php

The .Net framework 4.5 is for the update manager as its written in vb, .Net framework 4.5 will not affect cyberfox web browser.

There have been a few who reported problems with .Net 4.5 I told them to make sure that .net has installed correctly and make sure its up to date via windows update. witch fixed it for some, another person i had to tell them to install .net framework 4.0 client before installing .net 4.5 witch fixed his issue.

If your still unable to use the update manager please make a thread in bug section link to the forum https://8pecxstudios.com/Forums/index.php