PDA

View Full Version : HUD Apocalypse issues...

zekemckillip
August 23rd, 2013, 06:01 AM
Hi, I'm having issues installing the HUD Apocalypse theme. I've had the theme for almost a year, and it worked fine when I first got it, but a couple weeks ago I got a few computer upgrades, including an SSD, and installed a clean copy of Windows 7 Ultimate N SP1. Same windows I had before, but this time when I installed the theme the taskbar and start button act strange. The taskbar seems to have only partly been skinned, and it causes the date/time area to be messed up, the custom clock itself seems to be fine, just the coloring of the txt/background in the date/time area on the taskbar. The start button will sometimes stay as the default, and will revert back to the default randomly when launching/closing games or even clicking the start button. Both the start orb issues fix eventually, but then break again next time I restart or click the button or launch a game. I'm totally lost as to why these issues are happening, I used the same files, copied to a USB drive, to install the theme on my laptop, and my brother's desktop, both running the same windows, and both work fine. I fear a clean install is the only way to fix this, but I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas before I went ahead and reinstalled windows 7 again. Screenshot included, and I'm more than willing to include any additional information you feel is needed.

beagleman1701
August 23rd, 2013, 07:19 AM
your going to have to do the clean install sounds like a few files are missing from your description first try repatching your system or even redownload the theme it sounds like a corrupted file,

Mr GRiM
August 23rd, 2013, 11:55 AM
The Taskbar will look like that if you don't have it set to "Always combine, Hide Label" and the time date looks like you have it set to display the date as a word rather then a number, you can change the date format in Region and Language, as for the start button I am not really sure what would cause it to change randomly, I know it takes a moment after booting into Windows to appear or if you restart explorer, but other then that it should not be effected, are you using any sort of programs like Game Booster that kills programs when you launch a game?

peter.pan
August 24th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Hi, I'm having issues installing the HUD Apocalypse theme. I've had the theme for almost a year, and it worked fine when I first got it, but a couple weeks ago I got a few computer upgrades, including an SSD, and installed a clean copy of Windows 7 Ultimate N SP1. Same windows I had before, but this time when I installed the theme the taskbar and start button act strange. The taskbar seems to have only partly been skinned, and it causes the date/time area to be messed up, the custom clock itself seems to be fine, just the coloring of the txt/background in the date/time area on the taskbar. The start button will sometimes stay as the default, and will revert back to the default randomly when launching/closing games or even clicking the start button. Both the start orb issues fix eventually, but then break again next time I restart or click the button or launch a game. I'm totally lost as to why these issues are happening, I used the same files, copied to a USB drive, to install the theme on my laptop, and my brother's desktop, both running the same windows, and both work fine. I fear a clean install is the only way to fix this, but I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas before I went ahead and reinstalled windows 7 again. Screenshot included, and I'm more than willing to include any additional information you feel is needed.

Hi Zekemckilip.....Its not a big thing,just right click on toolbar go to properties ....in the taskbar buttons set it to always combine,hide labels and hit apply and ok......Thats it...your done.....

:cheeky: