PDA

View Full Version : Picture Frame Logon and User Frame

IcicleThief69
August 27th, 2013, 01:54 AM
Does anyone know where the picture frames are located at for the user pictures on the login screen and the menu picture? I can't seem to find anything on this on line.

ONE MAN ARMY
August 27th, 2013, 08:14 AM
If your talking about the user picture logon frames there in c:/windows/system32/authui.dll

Word of warning though my friend. Editing these images can be very tricky. If not done proper or if you mess up one image you will boot to a black screen make sure you have a backup or restore point. I have had this happen many times.

IcicleThief69
August 27th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Hey Army Thanks for the heads up. I found the answer last night and had just that happen, the black screen of death. I was freaking out but I did get my computer back. Lucky for me I still had my old laptop to see how to et it back again. Now I know.

Is that the only place they have to be changed is that folder for changing the user logon frame?

ONE MAN ARMY
August 27th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Hey Army Thanks for the heads up. I found the answer last night and had just that happen, the black screen of death. I was freaking out but I did get my computer back. Lucky for me I still had my old laptop to see how to et it back again. Now I know.

Is that the only place they have to be changed is that folder for changing the user logon frame?

Sorry I did not answer sooner. Changing that frame has always been tricky. I know I have talked to grim in the Past, It has to do with saving your images with the Alpha Channel. Take the authui.dll file out of grims 7tsp icon pack and open it with restorator. You should be able to pull the frames he edited out and see how he does them.