PDA

View Full Version : Shell32 Details Pane Mod for Windows 8.1 Only!!

Mr GRiM
September 3rd, 2013, 06:04 PM
Shell32 Details Pane Mod for Windows 8.1

Simple installer to bring back the Details Pane, it contains 4 Respatcher files that will patch your shell32.dll UI files to bring back the Windows 7 style Details pane at the bottom, it also has options to have the details pane at the top, also know as Topshell and it can put the Folderband at the bottom.

Note: To view the Folder band you will need to disable the ribbon.

The installer should take about 10 seconds to patch the shell32.dll and then it will ask you to do a restart to complete the changes.

There is also the option to have themeable Control Panel Navigation Panes, this option requires you are using one of my themes that contains these extra images in the msstyles.

Updateed to v1.6
New safety options to check the shell32.dll has still got the Digital Signature in Properties and if not you can restore the shell32.dll instead of rebooting and getting a blue screen.
Patching success rate is also 100% better now.
Tested on Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center.

This mod has now become obsolete please use OldNewExplorer instead, it's much safer and doesn't alter any system files http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170375-oldnewexplorer-make-your-81-explorer-work-like-win78-one/

Very Important!! Always Create a Backup or System Restore before making changes to System Files.

This is still an experimental mod and you use it at your own risk, please do not complain to me if it does not work or causes damage to your Operating System

September 3rd, 2013, 10:41 PM
GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM), coooooool, very much appreciated, thanks a lot

IceBabee
September 4th, 2013, 03:08 AM
Great job! Thank you :)

gsw953
November 10th, 2013, 03:43 AM
Thanks Mark
I finally updated to 8.1 today.
This worked good for me,although the first time I ran it I didn't get the digital signature.
The second time it worked fine though,not sure if it was the options I selected or just windows being windows.
The first time I didn't select any details pane just cp images,second time I used default 7 pane and cp images

Lamia
November 10th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Thank you Mark, this will be very usefull in future! :Peace:

hb860
November 19th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Looking forward for your & Tihiy's joint venture ;)

Mr GRiM
November 19th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Thanks mate, yeah I am pretty happy about it, I was going to try making something myself at first and wanted to see if he could help me a bit, but it turned out he also had the same idea so it's working well for both of us :smile:

Pewe
November 21st, 2013, 04:56 PM
Thanks Mr Grim! I really like having the details pane back at the bottom where it belong! However, the pane is harsh white against an otherwise dark theme, which doesn't look very good... (see attached picture)
I would really like to skin the pane so it blends in better, but I just can't find the image resource for it...? It is skinnable, right...? I've looked in the msstyles and shellstyle files but with no success. Can you help me please?

Pewe
November 21st, 2013, 05:13 PM
Thanks, I really like this! However, I need to skin the harsh white pane so it blends in better with my dark theme, but I just can't find the image resource for it. I've looked in the msstyle and shellstyle files, but with no success... Can you please help me by pointing me in the right direction?

skullman
February 10th, 2014, 09:17 PM
tank you fery muts greeting skullmn

bemfica
November 16th, 2014, 11:15 PM
:loving: Merci

bemfica
November 16th, 2014, 11:19 PM
Thank you :money:

melonichris
July 5th, 2015, 06:54 AM
cool!!!

ceo54
August 26th, 2019, 06:48 AM
I tried this on the latest Win 8.1 but it doesn't work as intended. Instead of shifting the details pane at the top, it brings down the command module at the bottom.

@Mark, any updates possible for this ?

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
September 25th, 2019, 01:23 AM
I tried this on the latest Win 8.1 but it doesn't work as intended. Instead of shifting the details pane at the top, it brings down the command module at the bottom.

@Mark, any updates possible for this ?
all versions here - https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/84060-OldNewExplorer-TopShell-and-BottomShell-all-versions-for-Windows-8-8-1-and-Windows-10