PDA

View Full Version : Red HUD Theme Causes Technical Issue

Startropic1
September 27th, 2013, 04:04 AM
I have the red HUD theme installed, but it has caused a little problem that I've not found a solution to. When I open up MS Word (I'm running Office 2003), the "new document" is dark grey, making it difficult to see what I'm typing. I can't figure out how to make it the default white without disabling the red HUD theme entirely. Anyone have any suggestions?

Mr GRiM
September 27th, 2013, 05:10 AM
I have the red HUD theme installed, but it has caused a little problem that I've not found a solution to. When I open up MS Word (I'm running Office 2003), the "new document" is dark grey, making it difficult to see what I'm typing. I can't figure out how to make it the default white without disabling the red HUD theme entirely. Anyone have any suggestions?

Change the Window and Window Text color in advanced appearance settings, if your not sure where that is I uploaded a shortcut for it, after you have made the changes you can save it in the personalization menu as a new theme and call it HUD Word or something like that.

Startropic1
September 27th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Change the Window and Window Text color in advanced appearance settings, if your not sure where that is I uploaded a shortcut for it, after you have made the changes you can save it in the personalization menu as a new theme and call it HUD Word or something like that.

Changing that affects my regular window colours. Is there no way to change this setting for Word independently of standard windows?

TuraelFA
September 27th, 2013, 05:17 PM
i donĀ“t know if u can do it in office 2003 but in office 2010 u can change the background color under the topic sidelayout
or if u wanna see what u are typing u can change the textcolor to a color who is easy to read on a dark background like white

hope this will help you