PDA

View Full Version : A Little Help Editing A Theme?

Startropic1
September 30th, 2013, 07:48 PM
I've been working on my own version of Tornado's "Jarvis" theme, which can be found here:
http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/61541-Jarvis-Windows-7-Theme-By-Tornado

Mainly I'm trying to convert the blue colour scheme to grayscale. I already converted all the image files into grayscale, and changed the blues in the advanced appearance settings, but a bunch of things are still blue. My taskbar, start menu, and most window parts are still blue. All the icons seem to be grayscale now. I guess I have to edit the dll/style sheet files in the theme to finish it off?

deviantdon
September 30th, 2013, 08:17 PM
YOU HAVE TO HAVE WSB,THEN FIND THE IMAGES YOU WANT TO RECOLOR AND PULL THEM OUT INTO A PHOTO EDITING PROGRAM (SUCH AS PHOTO SHOP),RECOLOR THEM THEN PUT BACK IN TO THE WSB. IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW YO CAN ASK SOMEONE TO DO FOR YOU. OR IF YOU LIKE SEND ME A COPY OF YOUR RECOLOR AND I WILL DO IT FOR YOU. HOPE THIS HELPS.

Startropic1
September 30th, 2013, 08:35 PM
YOU HAVE TO HAVE WSB,THEN FIND THE IMAGES YOU WANT TO RECOLOR AND PULL THEM OUT INTO A PHOTO EDITING PROGRAM (SUCH AS PHOTO SHOP),RECOLOR THEM THEN PUT BACK IN TO THE WSB. IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW YO CAN ASK SOMEONE TO DO FOR YOU. OR IF YOU LIKE SEND ME A COPY OF YOUR RECOLOR AND I WILL DO IT FOR YOU. HOPE THIS HELPS.

What is WSB, and is your caps lock button stuck or something? I already recoloured what I could recolour in Photoshop. It seems there's something else I need to do.

deviantdon
September 30th, 2013, 08:41 PM
ok,first wsb is windows style builder,the program used to create themes. second ,yes it was on sorry about that. lol just trying to help ya brother. so if you wanna do it yourself feel free and have fun if not my offer still stands.

TuraelFA
September 30th, 2013, 08:50 PM
if iam right u can use restorator 2007 too to extract the image files from the *.msstyles and after recolor align them back with wsb u can do the same too and much more