PDA

View Full Version : problem with icons that are gone

A.J
October 25th, 2013, 10:38 PM
how to fix it.. no program is showing the icons

in the start menu everything is fine.. the icons appear, but it does not appear in the folders

thank you in advance.. who can help me

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ONE MAN ARMY
October 25th, 2013, 10:54 PM
I have had this happen once . You should Run SFC /scannow in the command prompt. Once you do this your going to need to repatch your system with universal theme patcher and then what I would do is reinstall grims HUD Machine Icons. using his icon installer.

MOST_WASTED
October 25th, 2013, 10:57 PM
try clearing your iicon cache ?

ONE MAN ARMY
October 26th, 2013, 12:38 AM
try clearing your iicon cache ?

Thanks Most Wasted. Try this , First , Here is a good tutorial.

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/34968-Clearing-Windows-Icon-Caches?highlight=clear+icon+Cache

MOST_WASTED
October 26th, 2013, 02:35 AM
yup that tutorial is good. or if u have 7tsp installed theres an option on it that clears iconcache as well. let us know if it works. thanks

A.J
October 26th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Thanks Most Wasted. Try this , First , Here is a good tutorial.

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/34968-Clearing-Windows-Icon-Caches?highlight=clear+icon+Cache

I did it "SFC / scannow".. and also did everything in this tutorial.. Before I came here for help

and tried to use the "TuneUp Utilities 2013" .. to try to solve the problem.. I did not succeed

I'm desperate .. why this happened and I can not solve

thanks for trying to help me, but has no other way to solve it?

VATwitch
October 26th, 2013, 04:51 PM
I had this same issue when I installed it before I restored my computer. I suggest just simply reinstalling the skin. I never found a fix for it when I was using it.

A.J
October 27th, 2013, 12:31 PM
ok ... thank you all for your help .... I guess I'll have to format my computed

anyway thanks