PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8 / 8.1 live tile transparency

Dark Knight
November 3rd, 2013, 05:04 PM
A question for those using Windows 8 or 8.1 ....

Is there a way to make the live tiles transparent on the start page?

The only way I knew of was to use the 3r party software Windows 8 Start Screen Customizer by vhanla which USED TO BE clean but it seems that vhanla wanted to make some cash and took the cheesy way of doing it, instead of charging for the program, he / she decided to load the install file with malware and trojans, virustotal gives you a 7/47 ratio on the installer now, and that's with the installer coming directly from the authors site.

So, my question is, is there a way to make the live tiles in 8.1 transparent within Windows 8.1 that I am not seeing or is there some alternative 3rd party software that someone knows about that I don't have to poke with a ten foot stick? Or does anyone have a CLEAN copy of Windows 8 Start Screen Customizer they could give me?

It seems a shame not to be able to do it and have some good start screen backgrounds go to waste with the fugly live tile colors.

*Edit* Well here's an update, looks like DA took down vhanla's page or he / she did it himself because of all the bad feedback (actually cussing out) from all the deceived downloaders.

musclehead52
November 4th, 2013, 02:11 AM
well I have 2 versions and my second that I use doesnt seem to have any issues.I would share it

Dark Knight
November 4th, 2013, 08:27 PM
well I have 2 versions and my second that I use doesnt seem to have any issues.I would share it

If you would not mind that would be great!