PDA

View Full Version : Poison Theme for Windows 8.1

Mr GRiM
November 22nd, 2013, 05:32 PM
POISON 8.1

OK guys this is a new update for windows 8.1 the theme has been polished up a bit as well since the last release and is now updated to work with OldNewExplorer by Tihiy found here http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170375-oldnewexplorer-make-your-81-explorer-work-like-win78-one/

I have also modified my HUD Machine Red Icons and extras pack and removed the obsolete shell32.dll patches and other UI files that are now obsolete, the icon pack now pretty much just changes icons, how far you go with that is up to you, there are options to instal just the basic imageres.dll icons if that's all you want, anyway I hope you enjoy this release and let me know of any bugs you find and I will do my best to fix them.

there is one bug I know of and I cant think of where to change it, but the text on the IE tabs is white with a white background, aside from that it should all be good, this is a theme for the extreme dark lovers so be warned it will not play nice with programs like office.

Update 18/08/2014: Updated theme for Windows 8.1 update 1/2 and altered a few other minor things such as task manager and some UI improvements for OldNewExplorer to take advantage of.

Nachway
November 22nd, 2013, 05:45 PM
Stunning works of looks lovely update win8.1 thanks Grim:Smile:

IceBabee
November 22nd, 2013, 06:00 PM
Really awesome work! Thank you for sharing your talent :)

intothelight
November 22nd, 2013, 06:43 PM
good work is done here...

YourNumbr1Fan
November 22nd, 2013, 08:35 PM
Man!!----This is awesome! Like you did when Win7 was released, way-back-when, you're pulling out all the stops for 8 and 8.1!!!:Peace:

:love:I for one thank you, and the others who're taking up the task of modding the new os, very much! This is a great theme for sure.:givahand:

ONE MAN ARMY
November 22nd, 2013, 08:46 PM
Amazing work Grim. Your straight on top of your game right now. keep going man! Keep going. Love it. :gun:

gsw953
November 23rd, 2013, 03:53 AM
This is awesome!I am looking at the changes to msstyle now,very nice.

MaxeN
November 23rd, 2013, 11:41 AM
Great work indeed, will try that for sure..Thanks Mr. GRiM :greedy::happy:

poweredbyostx
November 23rd, 2013, 12:38 PM
Amazing theme,looking so nice man.Thanks :Smile:

Letícia®
November 23rd, 2013, 01:19 PM
this perfect ... spectacular job as always ... thank you :girl:

GuiProziin™
November 23rd, 2013, 01:58 PM
Mr Grim To use this theme needs modified shell32, and which patch should I use?

Dark Knight
November 23rd, 2013, 02:36 PM
Mr Grim To use this theme needs modified shell32, and which patch should I use?

In Mr. Grims post above he stated ...
"I have also modified my HUD Machine Red Icons and extras pack and removed the obsolete shell32.dll "

By downloading and installing OldNewExplorer from the link provided above also is taking care a lot of what the shell32.dll file used to to therefore in my mind the patching shell32.dll file which is so damn fragile in Windows 8 and 8.1 is no longer needed.

If you proceed to try and patch the shell32.dll in Windows 8 or 8.1 you are and will have problems with the system, mainly tiles not downloading or updating and even not working. I have even heard of some not being able to rebooot or cold boot their systems in extreme cases.

It's up to you , but you have been warned, if you do it, we at Virtual Customs by no means told you to do it and take no responsibility in your doing so.

Now if you talking about which theme patcher to use so Windows can run 3rd party themes, I used like Grim suggested UxStyle for Windows 8, and you can get it at : http://www.uxstyle.com/

XxHackThisxX
November 23rd, 2013, 03:27 PM
I haven't got windows 8,but im beginning to think i should maybe upgrade..lol.awesome theme!! fantastic work on this! thankyou :)

Dark Knight
November 23rd, 2013, 04:52 PM
I haven't got windows 8,but im beginning to think i should maybe upgrade..lol.awesome theme!! fantastic work on this! thankyou :)

It is really!

Not being a big fan of themes with a lot of red in them, I installed this last night on 8.1 along with the icon pack, OldNewExplorer and StartIsBack, and to tell you the truth it really looks bad assed!

I'm still going to wait on the HUD Machine series for 8.1 though, The HUD series has always been my all time favorite.

XxHackThisxX
November 23rd, 2013, 06:32 PM
It is really!

Not being a big fan of themes with a lot of red in them, I installed this last night on 8.1 along with the icon pack, OldNewExplorer and StartIsBack, and to tell you the truth it really looks bad assed!

I'm still going to wait on the HUD Machine series for 8.1 though, The HUD series has always been my all time favorite.

Hud machine is my favorite also.I am using it at the moment :)

joderiz
November 25th, 2013, 07:22 AM
great job, thanks MrGrim, I tried to put the file shellstyle.dll and the "1" of poison inside hud evolution for windows 8 (I did not use the istaller but I did copy paste from resoucer by installing virtualbox on win 8), with the old shell propertree changed the control panel was white with black XD newoldexplorer is, but to put a custom image? for me to understand, as you change the file 632-633-634-635?
thanks in advance ..... and you will understand my English? (traslete whith Google)65398

joderiz
November 25th, 2013, 08:41 AM
I tried to make an album but I can not post the photo, the place here, I like it a lot XD

Mr GRiM
November 25th, 2013, 08:45 AM
great job, thanks MrGrim, I tried to put the file shellstyle.dll and the "1" of poison inside hud evolution for windows 8 (I did not use the istaller but I did copy paste from resoucer by installing virtualbox on win 8), with the old shell propertree changed the control panel was white with black XD newoldexplorer is, but to put a custom image? for me to understand, as you change the file 632-633-634-635?
thanks in advance ..... and you will understand my English? (traslete whith Google)65398
I understand, I have an updated Evolution theme ready to go as well, just going to clean up the icon pack again.

joderiz
November 25th, 2013, 08:52 AM
i look forward to this

Lamia
November 25th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Nice job mate, any time soon HUD Machine for Win8.1? So i can switch to win8.1! :Peace:

magnus33
November 26th, 2013, 01:43 AM
Working fine :)

greyhndz
November 26th, 2013, 03:20 AM
Thank you, Thank you, thank you, Mr GRIM!!!

Can't wait to do an install. :-D I mean, *can't wait*!!!

gaby83
November 26th, 2013, 11:15 AM
good jobs

armani077
November 27th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Mr. Grimm, Just installed 8.1 a few weeks back. Do you have anything like this in Blue? I saw the Hud hopefully I can install with no problem, also I down loaded OldNewExplorer, What is the tree for install? C:\ Microsoft\Windows ___________??????

Mr GRiM
November 27th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Mr. Grimm, Just installed 8.1 a few weeks back. Do you have anything like this in Blue? I saw the Hud hopefully I can install with no problem, also I down loaded OldNewExplorer, What is the tree for install? C:\ Microsoft\Windows ___________??????

I just put it on C:\

armani077
November 27th, 2013, 04:01 PM
thanks......IT WORKS !!!!!! HUD Evolution will work for 8.1????

gaby83
November 30th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Hi Mr Grim, You made a really good job, it works great and stable, does you'll going to purpose other colors and style, like you made for 7Stp ???

(Glossy Blue Icon Pack, Ultimate Blue Icon Pack, Full Glass Blue Icon Packs, etc)

Can we expect from you a soft like 7Stp to make change with our icons ???
I know that all is business, but at least a shareware...

Anyway thanks for you good job

MOST_WASTED
December 7th, 2013, 04:28 AM
this theme was what made me want to install win7 back in my xp days lol. still looks dope. i havnt setup 8.1 yet but im taking this... 4 when i do. thanks grim :superman:

Windows7Themes
December 8th, 2013, 02:35 AM
Good theme!

Windows7Themes
December 8th, 2013, 02:37 AM
Do i have to re-boot?

softmaniac
December 12th, 2013, 10:29 AM
UXTheme Multi-Patcher 9.0 has just released. what do you think of it? which one is do you prefer, UxStyle or UXTheme Multi-Patcher? thanks :)

Mr GRiM
December 12th, 2013, 12:42 PM
UXTheme Multi-Patcher 9.0 has just released. what do you think of it? which one is do you prefer, UxStyle or UXTheme Multi-Patcher? thanks :)

Always Uxstyle, I think using a service is much safer then patching files, you never know when a windows update could restore one of the patched files, if that happens then your system will be unbopotable, so you tell me which one you prefer.

softmaniac
December 12th, 2013, 01:00 PM
hmm, but I see one of its changelog "Completely based on UxStyle memory patching so any obsolete file patching method won’t be restored with this version". Doesn't memory patching mean using service? sorry, I'm not good at it, that's why I ask you and I don't know if UxStyle still in develop or not.
thanks MrGrim :)

gaby83
December 13th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Thanks a lot to took time to respond at my question

ilackcopingskills
December 14th, 2013, 09:32 AM
perfect.

chenzen666
December 15th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Many thanks for this great theme Mr Grim

i have installed it on server2012R2 and it look great:Smile:

Đẹp Trai Bẩm Sinh
December 18th, 2013, 12:40 AM
thank you so much

creator
December 18th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Greatwork Mark looks verry good :Smile:

Rz_7
December 20th, 2013, 02:09 AM
Baaad Ass Theme! Love the details, the taskbar style & the custom sounds scheme! Greet job here Mark! Thanks for it! :happy:

bagasso
December 28th, 2013, 10:15 AM
valew galera.

Time Out
December 29th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Wow....

love this theme

Much appreciation to MR GRIM for making my copy of W8.1 somewhat more aesthetically pleasing to the eye

:Smile:

hunteds911
December 30th, 2013, 08:52 PM
I have an interesting issue. When I right click on a task on the task bar I get the following: 65777

You can see the pin icon and the close icon are huge.

Time Out
December 30th, 2013, 09:26 PM
I have an interesting issue. When I right click on a task on the task bar I get the following: 65777

You can see the pin icon and the close icon are huge.

After testing i can also confirm i am getting the same thing happening.

Mr GRiM
December 30th, 2013, 09:27 PM
This happens because the image locations in the msstyles have been changed in 8.1, the start menu images were removed and the jump list images were rearranged in the start menu locations, this problem can be reversed though with the help of Start Is Back by Tihiy, his program will restore the start menu and fix the jump list as well as making all Windows 8 themes compatible with 8.1

Download the latest version of Start Is Back here www.startisback.com/StartIsBackPlus_setup.exe

There is a 30 day free trial and then after that it will continue to work but it will no longer display your programs until registered, you can get a license on special at the moment for $2 for the New Years Eve Sale http://www.startisback.com/#buy-tab

Time Out
December 30th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Is this one of the reasons why i still seem to have the default start icon in the bottom left corner, Must say though i am not too bothered regarding the start icon, But would installing start is back also correct that

Cant post an image of what ive got as i don't have enough posts yet !!

Mr GRiM
December 30th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Is this one of the reasons why i still seem to have the default start icon in the bottom left corner, Must say though i am not too bothered regarding the start icon, But would installing start is back also correct that

Cant post an image of what ive got as i don't have enough posts yet !!
Yes you can select your own start button using start Is back as well, you will find the start button in the explorer.exe folder with the theme, after you install SIB you can access the properties by right clicking the start button or start menu or from the control panel and in the Appearance tab select add under the start buttons and browse to the start button you would like to add.

magnus33
December 31st, 2013, 07:35 PM
Sweet work.

With start is back, oldnewexplorer and this theme my 8.1 looks like windows 7 without loosing any of the actually useful functions in 8.1.:happy:

gary
January 18th, 2014, 01:46 PM
NICE THEME

kris31uk
January 29th, 2014, 03:51 PM
hi guys
awesome theme!

ive downloaded the 2 files and renamed them as they were php extensions

im very new to the custom theme world how do you install it? (windows 8.1 64 pro)

many thanks

Gamer Harun
February 20th, 2014, 08:09 AM
I install it but it didnt work.what is the prblem?Help me....
:Smile::worried::itch:

peter.pan
February 20th, 2014, 08:17 AM
I install it but it didnt work.what is the prblem?Help me....
:Smile::worried::itch:

hi gamer harun...did you patch your system for third party themes..?

Gamer Harun
February 20th, 2014, 08:49 AM
hey peter.pan i patch my third party themes..but it didnt work correctly.:worried:

hunteds911
February 22nd, 2014, 01:06 PM
This happens because the image locations in the msstyles have been changed in 8.1, the start menu images were removed and the jump list images were rearranged in the start menu locations, this problem can be reversed though with the help of Start Is Back by Tihiy, his program will restore the start menu and fix the jump list as well as making all Windows 8 themes compatible with 8.1

Download the latest version of Start Is Back here www.startisback.com/StartIsBackPlus_setup.exe (http://www.startisback.com/StartIsBackPlus_setup.exe)

There is a 30 day free trial and then after that it will continue to work but it will no longer display your programs until registered, you can get a license on special at the moment for $2 for the New Years Eve Sale http://www.startisback.com/#buy-tab

Will the right click issue be fixed in future styles without having to install Start is back +? I am just curious, because I have used other custom styles that don't have that issue at all.

I would rather use yours but don't want to have to install Start is back to fix the issue. ***Gasp*** I like the start screen and rather not have a start menu but instead the Windows 8.1 start screen when I click on Start. Unless, there is a plan to add the option for Start is back+ to go to the Start screen instead of using the classic start menu when I click START / "Windows logo".

I love your themes / Styles and really rather use those over most of the others.

joderiz
February 22nd, 2014, 01:38 PM
if you want to "hide" in startisback property >> ​​swiching there is an option, even opening the MenuStart with CTRL + Windows logo key

It's Mi
February 22nd, 2014, 05:42 PM
Hello Mr. Grimm :)

Wow, this theme is really really nice and cool looking!! Nearly all has bee themed :bunny2:
Thank you very very much for all your hard work you shared here with us :love_heart:

But really I have a problem now. Because I have to work a lot with Word I found it hard to work with it after installing your beautiful theme. So I had to change it unfortunately :(
I enjoyed it so much, but because of that I am not able to use it anymore ...

And now here is my problem:
I installed everything from your hudmashine, means I added all icons you offered to install. Now after clearing the cache and changing the theme, returning to an old systemrestorepont, there are still themes icons in my Explorer which are looking a little out of order without the theme installed.
Is there a hope I might get rid of them without having to restore my whole system?
I have to say, that I'm really new in modding my PC. This had been my first theme I installed in this wholeniness.
Sorry for my English. If it sounds funny, I'm German ;)

Could some kind soul please help me out?

Thank you all in advance ...

Miriam

musclehead52
February 23rd, 2014, 08:55 PM
oh yeah the poisons even better now,thanks a hell of a lot for your work grim,theres not a lot for 8.1 and this is great.Running it now and red icon set as a matter a fact and its great.Thanks again cause regular stuff out there really sucks,especially micrsoft style themes.They arent worth the time.Nothing really but some wallpapers.Thanks for your work.

Mr GRiM
February 24th, 2014, 05:11 PM
Hello Mr. Grimm :)

Wow, this theme is really really nice and cool looking!! Nearly all has bee themed :bunny2:
Thank you very very much for all your hard work you shared here with us :love_heart:

But really I have a problem now. Because I have to work a lot with Word I found it hard to work with it after installing your beautiful theme. So I had to change it unfortunately :(
I enjoyed it so much, but because of that I am not able to use it anymore ...

And now here is my problem:
I installed everything from your hudmashine, means I added all icons you offered to install. Now after clearing the cache and changing the theme, returning to an old systemrestorepont, there are still themes icons in my Explorer which are looking a little out of order without the theme installed.
Is there a hope I might get rid of them without having to restore my whole system?
I have to say, that I'm really new in modding my PC. This had been my first theme I installed in this wholeniness.
Sorry for my English. If it sounds funny, I'm German ;)

Could some kind soul please help me out?

Thank you all in advance ...

Miriam If you have done a system restore point and you can still see icons that have not changed back then you may need to rebuild the icon cache http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/49819-icon-cache-rebuild.html

yiffy
March 2nd, 2014, 11:15 PM
best theme world imo

ylian760726
March 3rd, 2014, 09:47 AM
Thanks Man

ylian760726
March 3rd, 2014, 09:48 AM
Thank You:shock:

stu
March 5th, 2014, 12:58 PM
hi mr grim ive installed your poison theme and its not patched fully ive got white side panels and no red poison circle thing in properties can u help please

ive sorted it now ........ ty mr grim for this theme it looks awesome :happy:

jejemc
March 6th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Thank you for the theme would it be possible to have it in blue?

DeadlyDoZe
March 8th, 2014, 08:57 PM
Hello, amazing theme 1st of all, thanks for sharing it.
There is just 1 thing that bothers me personally and I would like to be able to change it, which is the default red text color, is there any way to change the color to white/light grey?
Would really appreciate any help with this matter.

LetMePutDaTipIn
March 10th, 2014, 05:19 AM
Just installed this theme and it's fantastic, thank you for the free work!:happy:

stu
March 10th, 2014, 05:03 PM
superb theme mark love it ty for sharing :laughing:

x5PYD3R254
March 13th, 2014, 05:31 PM
Hey grimm, I saw your custom theme over at the oldnewexplorer site. It looks amazing btw o-o Uhm so I tried to install a theme before and it had custom icons but I couldn't figure out how to install them any advice?

Soulflare3
March 20th, 2014, 07:28 PM
:happy:BEAUTIFUL!

konstantinos
April 2nd, 2014, 01:25 PM
thanks it works perfect ! guys can you help me to use this bar upstairs for my computer, HHD , downloads.... where can i find it?

Shaka1976
April 13th, 2014, 07:46 AM
please could you make a blu one ?

djrunselldj
April 13th, 2014, 08:50 PM
hi im very new to windows 8 and i would like to kno..how did u turn your laptop into this..

in install the HUD thing and some of my icons already change,,,,i just dont know how to do the other part

DiabloDoom
April 15th, 2014, 02:58 AM
Hi, I installed the HUD and ticked everything to install. How do I reverse this as my computers a bit slow now.

xhobi
April 19th, 2014, 10:30 AM
i install the theem sir but background still white please help me to change the back ground
:crazy:

duestereLegende
May 4th, 2014, 02:34 PM
i have same problem, system-windows are all white background and black letters.. like in standard design.. it will not change to your colors..
your windos task bar is still grey and have not the look /design from your style like in your pictures here..
all icons, folders, adressbar colors is change to your style.. hmm how can i/we fix this little problems?

win 8.1 actually updates

duestereLegende
May 4th, 2014, 02:41 PM
i have the same prob with your style..

all backgrounds colors in windows are white with black letters
systemstyle like in your pictures are not changed.. just normal design,

windows task bar not changed

all icons, folders, adressbars/letters are changed

windows explorer/startbutton/menu not changed

it looks half changed half not changed.. how can we fix it?

on win8.1 actually update

wajiman
May 10th, 2014, 09:32 AM
a lovely theme, i would also request you to make it in windowblinds if possible.

ctugt
May 10th, 2014, 11:14 AM
This is the most intrested project if ever seen for Theming. Its much better dan all that crap software. keep on ging, the only thing is, My Wifi Icon is glitched, I got the Red Wifi icons of yours, But that should be my sound. The original Wifi Icon is white.

FATAL213
May 11th, 2014, 12:44 AM
:happy:This is so awesome
i wanna thank you for your dope work man

Penetrador
May 13th, 2014, 11:19 AM
nice job
love he red

TheDuke420
May 22nd, 2014, 02:04 AM
how do you install this? I would really like to use it.

Lamia
May 22nd, 2014, 10:49 AM
how do you install this? I would really like to use it.
Dear TheDuke420 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/266328-TheDuke420),
First you need to install following application in order that everything works perfect without any bug on your Windows 8.1/8.1.1:

- UltraUXThemePatcher 2.3 or up,
- OldNewExplorer 1.0.7 or up,
- StartIsBack+ 1.6.2 or up,
- AeroGlass or Winaeroglass!

After installing all this customization applications, copy/paste or extract theme files you download from this site (this means ThemeName Directory and ThemeName.theme file), to Windows/resources/themes directory, later right click on desktop, choose Personalize and choose the theme you want to use!

Studabaker
May 26th, 2014, 03:49 AM
Hello Grim, Iv seen your theme on friends PCs but i am new to this and i just got a new laptop with wndows 8.1. I tried the theme and it didnt work. i clicked the file in the rar but it kinda says it worked but it really didnt. idk what i did wrong

Lamia
May 26th, 2014, 07:34 AM
Hello Grim, Iv seen your theme on friends PCs but i am new to this and i just got a new laptop with wndows 8.1. I tried the theme and it didnt work. i clicked the file in the rar but it kinda says it worked but it really didnt. idk what i did wrong
Dear Studabaker (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/274868-Studabaker),
First you need to install following application in order that everything works perfect without any bug on your Windows 8.1/8.1.1:

- UltraUXThemePatcher 2.3 or up (http://www.syssel.net/hoefs/software_uxtheme.php?lang=en),
- OldNewExplorer 1.0.7 or up (http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170375-oldnewexplorer-make-your-81-explorer-work-like-win78-one/),
- StartIsBack+ 1.6.2 or up (http://startisback.com/#download-tab)
- AeroGlass (http://glass8.berlios.de/) or Winaeroglass (http://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.204).

After installing all this customization applications, copy/paste or extract theme files you download from this site (this means ThemeName Directory and ThemeName.theme file), to Windows/resources/themes directory, later right click on desktop, choose Personalize and choose the theme you want to use!
Again if all this don't work with you, feel free to post screenshot of your problem, be more specific, so people here can easier help out with your problem! :Peace:

dalibor
July 7th, 2014, 10:47 PM
Great work indeed:tu:

Aryarox
July 21st, 2014, 07:12 PM
Nice wrk bro

Aryarox
July 21st, 2014, 07:26 PM
I cant see the link

Mua'dib
July 21st, 2014, 09:13 PM
This looks great. Will definitely look great for MSI Z97 Gaming 7 motherboard.
New to Win8.1 and look forward to trying this out.

alraune666
July 26th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Amazing work! Finally athto keep after all other tuirned out to be some form of crappy!

mindhunteRR
August 9th, 2014, 06:44 AM
Hi guys. First of all I want to say thanks for this awesome theme, but I got a problem, it's probably because I'm not skilled enough in these kind of things, so when I install the theme it does work, and changes all visuals except the window borders, the minimize, maximize and close (X) at the upper right corner of the window, what do I have to do to be able to change these too, so the theme will look as it does on print screens above, made by the creator of the theme? Please help me, thanks!

Lamia
August 9th, 2014, 08:34 AM
Hi guys. First of all I want to say thanks for this awesome theme, but I got a problem, it's probably because I'm not skilled enough in these kind of things, so when I install the theme it does work, and changes all visuals except the window borders, the minimize, maximize and close (X) at the upper right corner of the window, what do I have to do to be able to change these too, so the theme will look as it does on print screens above, made by the creator of the theme? Please help me, thanks!
Welcome to Virtual Customs mindhunteRR (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/279855-mindhunteRR) , have fun & enjoy your stay with us.
In your case for start take a look at this thread and see if you have everything installed the way it says in it: http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/65613-How-to-install-and-setup-your-customization-applications-on-Windows-8-1-1?highlight=customize

mindhunteRR
August 9th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Thank you very much! Problem solved... :)

tonzaaaa
August 9th, 2014, 08:42 PM
I have some problems with installing this theme.. Its very kind if somebody wanna help me: Huolissaan:

August 9th, 2014, 09:25 PM
I have some problems with installing this theme.. Its very kind if somebody wanna help me: Huolissaan:

can you please provide some details as to what problems you are having? thanks

Lamia
August 9th, 2014, 10:45 PM
Welcome to Virtual Customs tonzaaaa (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/274151-tonzaaaa) , have fun & enjoy your stay with us.
In your case for start take a look at this thread and see if you have everything installed the way it says in it: http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread...ight=customize (http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/65613-How-to-install-and-setup-your-customization-applications-on-Windows-8-1-1?highlight=customize) , then if you still have any problem, post a screenshot of your problem! :peace:

tonzaaaa
August 10th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Thanks a lot :Smile:

Mr GRiM
August 17th, 2014, 05:50 PM
Updated theme for Windows 8.1 update 1/2 and altered a few other minor things such as task manager and some UI improvements for OldNewExplorer to take advantage of.

nikolas13
August 17th, 2014, 08:10 PM
Updated theme for Windows 8.1 update 1/2 and altered a few other minor things such as task manager and some UI improvements for OldNewExplorer to take advantage of.

Hello and thanks a lot for this share its amazing! Everything works perfect (i have done the Update 18/08/2014) but i have a problem. At the taskbars icon "speakers" when i press on it, its doing nothing and when i press right click "volume control panel" and "open volume mixer" are "dead" either.

Thanks again for your excelent job and sorry about my English

Mr GRiM
August 18th, 2014, 02:04 AM
Hello and thanks a lot for this share its amazing! Everything works perfect (i have done the Update 18/08/2014) but i have a problem. At the taskbars icon "speakers" when i press on it, its doing nothing and when i press right click "volume control panel" and "open volume mixer" are "dead" either.

Thanks again for your excelent job and sorry about my English

Hi sorry about that, I think what you mean is the icons and extras installer that caused the problem with the volume, I noticed this problem as well after the Windows 8.1 update 1 and it was caused by Microsoft adding a digital signature to one of the files I was patching, the result was a loss of functionality with the volume control, i have updated the pack now with a working one, to restore the pack you can run sfc /scannow or use a system restore if you have one then install the new icon pack.

nikolas13
August 18th, 2014, 02:41 AM
Thank you very much Mr GRiM for the prompt reply and for the solution to the problem.

Mr GRiM
August 18th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Sorry guys, I just realized that the icon pack I posted a bit ago didn't have the fix for the volume control, uploaded the fixed one now D'oh!

ctugt
August 20th, 2014, 06:20 PM
Hi sorry about that, I think what you mean is the icons and extras installer that caused the problem with the volume, I noticed this problem as well after the Windows 8.1 update 1 and it was caused by Microsoft adding a digital signature to one of the files I was patching, the result was a loss of functionality with the volume control, i have updated the pack now with a working one, to restore the pack you can run sfc /scannow or use a system restore if you have one then install the new icon pack.

Great to read this! also fixed the right mouse button in metro bug?

ctugt
August 20th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Sorry guys, I just realized that the icon pack I posted a bit ago didn't have the fix for the volume control, uploaded the fixed one now D'oh!

Haha just in time mate, so if i donwload it in 10 minutes? is the volume icon finally fixed then :D, what about the right mouse click in metro? cannot change name or add titles with youre theme. Btw youre Icons are the greatest, much thanks, to be honest i use Sufferance Theme with youre icons. Coes god those are nice

Mr GRiM
August 20th, 2014, 06:26 PM
Haha just in time mate, so if i donwload it in 10 minutes? is the volume icon finally fixed then :D, what about the right mouse click in metro? cannot change name or add titles with youre theme. Btw youre Icons are the greatest, much thanks, to be honest i use Sufferance Theme with youre icons. Coes god those are nice

It is fixed already and also right click in metro/immersive start.

ctugt
August 20th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Thanks mate good hack!

ctugt
August 20th, 2014, 06:30 PM

btw is that a toolbar youre using? picture in op?

ctugt
August 20th, 2014, 08:43 PM

After installing the extra option I cannot log in to windows anymore I put image back it works again I install install stops working. After reboot the lock screen where you have to hit space bar is black now and when install hit save it does not continue to unlock

Mr GRiM
August 21st, 2014, 12:43 AM
After installing the extra option I cannot log in to windows anymore I put image back it works again I install install stops working. After reboot the lock screen where you have to hit space bar is black now and when install hit save it does not continue to unlock

I am unable to reproduce this, what version of windows are you using, x86 or x64 and is it fully updated?

What did you use to patch your system for custom themes, Ultra Theme Patcher or UxStyle and are you running any other 3rd party programs such as Start8, SiB, OldNewExplorer, Aero Glass etc.

ctugt
August 21st, 2014, 01:47 AM
Windows 8.1 pro media center fully updates Im using youre icons, ultra theme patcher, oldnewexplorer nothing more. If you want to teamview me or look into some sytem files you if got youre back

Mr GRiM
August 21st, 2014, 04:42 AM
Windows 8.1 pro media center fully updates Im using youre icons, ultra theme patcher, oldnewexplorer nothing more. If you want to teamview me or look into some sytem files you if got youre back

Ok well my setup is almost identical to yours other then using Uxstyle, can you do a complete system file restore using sfc /scannow, making sure you have selected the default aero theme before restart and then use uxstyle and then install the pack again.

ctugt
August 21st, 2014, 09:31 PM
making sure you have selected the default aero theme before restart and then use uxstyle and then install the pack again.
*pfew just in time, ok ill do this i edit my post if im done, can you please tell me did you updates the package in the op in this topic?

ctugt
August 21st, 2014, 10:22 PM
I think its realted to ms udpate bug
http://www.eightforums.com/customization/44204-broken-logon-lock-screen-windows-8-1-update-1-a.html

ctugt
August 21st, 2014, 11:23 PM
I changed back my custimezed wallpaper, applyied youre hack. Good hack no problems. Ill make a image now and then enable windows lockscreen custimize pic an see whats happens. Ill report here fore future users

ctugt
August 21st, 2014, 11:30 PM
Btw nice man theme has really improved compared to last time with bugs. Using it as secundairy now :D

fervidsea
August 25th, 2014, 11:31 PM
First time user of any themes, thank you for this one, it looks great!

jackbauerctu247
August 29th, 2014, 03:04 PM
first, let me say thank you for a beautiful theme.

also.. i'm having trouble getting it to appear EXACTLY as you have it. I am getting a white bar in explorer. i'm running windows 8.1. i used uxstyle like you suggested and have installed the icons as well. i copied the theme folder and .theme file to the resources/themes folder. hope you can help me figure out what i may have done wrong. here is a screenshot of the problem.6848568486

NoNoNoDeSiRe
August 31st, 2014, 10:06 PM
firstly, thank you. Although setting up the theme, but I did not work properly .. how to set upor are going to do what you please tell ..:bored:

Lamia
September 1st, 2014, 09:29 AM
firstly, thank you.Althoughsetting upthe theme, but Idid not work properly..how to set uporare going to dowhatyou please tell..:bored:
Dear NoNoNoDeSiRe (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/272937-NoNoNoDeSiRe), welcome to Virtual Customs, enjoy your stay with us, browse our forum and have fun. Before you start using any custom theme on your 8.1 OS, take a look here how things need to be done before using any themes: http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/65613-How-to-install-and-setup-your-customization-applications-on-Windows-8-1-1 If you need any help, feel free to ask! :peace:

Lamia
September 1st, 2014, 09:30 AM
first, let me say thank you for a beautiful theme.
also.. i'm having trouble getting it to appear EXACTLY as you have it. I am getting a white bar in explorer. i'm running windows 8.1. i used uxstyle like you suggested and have installed the icons as well. i copied the theme folder and .theme file to the resources/themes folder. hope you can help me figure out what i may have done wrong. here is a screenshot of the problem.
So that everything works properly take a look here mate: http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/65613-How-to-install-and-setup-your-customization-applications-on-Windows-8-1-1 :Peace:

hulktime
September 16th, 2014, 03:42 AM
looks awesome

killahz
September 24th, 2014, 03:35 AM
I've had nothing but problems with this theme. it started out where I could not get all the windows to look right like jack from post #114, then every time i tried to use the theme, everything went black and windows became unusable. Any help is appreciated.

ONE MAN ARMY
September 24th, 2014, 04:07 AM
I've had nothing but problems with this theme. it started out where I could not get all the windows to look right like jack from post #114, then every time i tried to use the theme, everything went black and windows became unusable. Any help is appreciated.

Not sure if you have seen this Thread. But Make sure your on Windows 8.1 and Fallow all the steps 1 by 1 take your time and do everything listed . and make sure you read the fine prints in red. after this you should have no issues.

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/65613-How-to-install-and-setup-your-customization-applications-on-Windows-8-1-1

killahz
September 24th, 2014, 05:43 PM
I did ALL of those things, and I'm still having issues. IDK what's going on. I'm sorry about the hassle. It's a beautiful theme, I just really wish I could use it is all. :(

IFireEagle
September 28th, 2014, 07:12 PM
It's Perfect, Thanks !

BigJohn
October 29th, 2014, 01:09 AM
looks awesome...thanks

DragonGaming
October 30th, 2014, 11:59 PM
I like it! Do you have it in purple?

Mr GRiM
October 31st, 2014, 01:55 PM

Sorry no purple, maybe someone else may do a recolor for you.

Lamia
October 31st, 2014, 03:51 PM
Do you like this Purple color? Image is only for preview purpose for now! :Smile:

Jimmy the ripper
November 1st, 2014, 03:17 PM
I love the theme hats off!!!!

keystar71
November 1st, 2014, 05:21 PM
Very good theme pack wow !

keystar71
November 1st, 2014, 05:31 PM
yep
Hope I can get it too !

Gaz
November 12th, 2014, 05:36 AM
Thanks ofr your great work and time you spended, love the layout.

apuroop
November 15th, 2014, 02:31 PM
may i know the correct procedure to be followed to get this theme perfectly installed ?

November 15th, 2014, 04:55 PM
may i know the correct procedure to be followed to get this theme perfectly installed ?

apuroop (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/286746-apuroop) here you go

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/65613-How-to-install-and-setup-your-customization-applications-on-Windows-8-1-1

Ben_vh
February 5th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Great theme! totally loving it.

I have one problem / missing part however and i can't figure it out..

Below picture, from your example, I have marked the pieces I am missing. They seem to be related but i can't figure out which part i missed.

to be clear, i am missing the red background at start, the red background with the skull (i just have a white font on a white background now)

Any advice?

UPDATE (I fixed the start menu, the rest not yet)

Thanks!

Ben_vh
February 7th, 2015, 11:43 AM
I am unable to fix this theme sadly enough. If anyone could help me out on what to do, that would be amazing.

Ive made a new, more clear screenshot for comparison.

Lamia
February 7th, 2015, 12:40 PM
I am unable to fix this theme sadly enough. If anyone could help me out on what to do, that would be amazing.
Ive made a new, more clear screenshot for comparison.
Did you even install everything what theme's need to work properly mate? Check here for tutorial: http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/65613-How-to-install-and-setup-your-customization-applications-on-Windows-8-1-1
From what i see you miss some important customization applications mate! :peace:

Ben_vh
February 8th, 2015, 05:16 PM
Hey Lamia,

thanks for checking this!

Yes, i followed the tutorial and installed all the needed stuff.

The start menu was solved by a simple right click and change appearance.

The other problems arent fixable for me tho.

I deleted the back-up file and did a full install again just now, but nothing changed..

Any tips are welcome!

Lamia
February 8th, 2015, 05:36 PM
Hey Lamia,

thanks for checking this!

Yes, i followed the tutorial and installed all the needed stuff.

The start menu was solved by a simple right click and change appearance.

The other problems arent fixable for me tho.

I deleted the back-up file and did a full install again just now, but nothing changed..

Any tips are welcome!
Did you config OldNewExplorer the way it was on picture in tutorial thread? When you do that, reload theme on your pc (choose windows default ones, then again your custom theme), some step you did wrong mate! :Smile:

Ben_vh
February 8th, 2015, 06:13 PM
Yes I did all of that.

I uninstalled the oldnewExplorer, selected a basic windows theme, installed oldnew again, selected poison theme and finally the missing parts applied.

So, thanks a lot!

TopGun
February 10th, 2015, 11:18 PM
Will there be an Windows 8.1.1 update for this theme??

Here's why I ask, my 2 other computers theme fine but my laptop won't theme the back/forward buttons...

And also, is there any way to theme these folders???

TopGun
February 12th, 2015, 01:12 AM
Also, one more question... When I install the clock date in extras, on one of my computers, I can't open up the time date in the bottom right corner when I click on it nor can time date open from control panel.

Is there a fix for this???

Mr GRiM
February 14th, 2015, 12:23 AM
Also, one more question... When I install the clock date in extras, on one of my computers, I can't open up the time date in the bottom right corner when I click on it nor can time date open from control panel.

Is there a fix for this???

The navigation buttons are like that because I didn't add support for larger dpi levels, it only supports 100% dpi

The icons can be skinned but only if the icon pack your using supports it.

Not sure why the clock wouldn't open on one of your machines, try opening a command prompt as administrator and run "sfc /scanfile timedate.cpl" this will restore the clock and after you restart it should work again, if not then there must be something else stopping the clock from working.

TopGun
February 15th, 2015, 01:17 AM
Ok, thanks!!!

I'm new to theming windows computer...

I've got another question:
I have iconpackager installed and used Hal System Id Icons but I see you have HUD.
The HUD is an .exe file.
How does that work?
Is HUD better than using iconpackager?
Should I restore my icons to factory, then run the HUD installer?
And is the HUD installer reversible?
Will it affect Windows updates?

Mr GRiM
February 15th, 2015, 01:32 AM
I wouldn't say mine is better, it's just different, mine is using Respatch files to patch your system files, it is reversible but only by restoring all your system files using sfc /scannow which is the same as you would need to do if you used 7tsp, it doesn't effect windows updates but they can replace patched files so sometimes you may have icons that revert back to default, most of the time it's only a few minor ones that do this, the ones in particular seem to be the cpl (control panel) files, my installer does have some uninstall options as well, if you run the installer as administrator and leave the install options unchecked then you will continue to the uninstall options.

The only real problems with Windows 8 seems to be the introduction of digitally signed files, a few major windows updates have introduced more of these digital signatures and patching one of these files breaks the digital signature and in turn this breaks the functionality of these files, I can only expect that in the future this will become more of a problem and we will have to look at other ways to have custom icons that doesn't involve patching system files.

jerminateur
March 14th, 2015, 01:30 PM
merci

Lamia
March 14th, 2015, 01:53 PM
merci
Dear jerminateur (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/292805-jerminateur) , welcome to Virtual Customs, enjoy your stay with us, browse our forum and have fun, if you need any help feel free to ask, also keep in mind to post your comments and replies in English only, or use an online tool such as Google Translate to render your posts into English. Thank you! :peace:

miketarbox
March 25th, 2015, 03:41 AM
So im new to the whole changing the theme of my computer thing. so i got the icons to change but how do i change the apperance of everything else? like the popup boxes and such. thanks

Lamia
March 25th, 2015, 09:05 AM
So im new to the whole changing the theme of my computer thing. so i got the icons to change but how do i change the apperance of everything else? like the popup boxes and such. thanks
Dear miketarbox (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/293311-miketarbox) , before installing this theme, you need to install few customization tools, so go to this tutorial link (http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/65613-How-to-install-and-setup-your-customization-applications-on-Windows-8-1-1) and follow instructions, then apply custom theme in the end of process! :Peace:

Justice88
June 2nd, 2015, 09:38 AM
Thanks alot man awesome stuff :happy:

neo4uo
June 14th, 2015, 06:30 PM
New to this whole scene, glad that I found it!!! It makes Windows alot more pleasing to the eye. Anyways installed the theme and followed the instructions about getting it all to work by installing all the other programs. The only thing that I am confused about is how to install the v2 update from the zip file? Do I have to install all the stuff individually in from the zip folder? Or is there a quick way to install it all?

Thanks

neo4uo
June 14th, 2015, 06:35 PM
I am new to this scene. I followed the directions and even installed the other programs as listed a couple of posts up. My only question is how do I install the V2 update that is in the zip? Do I have to manually have to install the files in the zip or is there a quicker way to do it that I do not know about?

Thanks

neo4uo
June 14th, 2015, 07:15 PM
FIXED from another thread...Thanks Mr. Grimm

Okay if my previous post about, how to use the V2 update, please disregard. I found out about placing the unzipped files in resources folder and applying it. Everything is working great but the top of my explorer windows. I am going to attached a photo so that you can see, maybe someone will have some ideas of what is wrong?70324

CjStaal
June 30th, 2015, 11:14 PM
The taskbar and windows are not changing for me, what gives hombre?

Melancholia
August 1st, 2015, 04:40 AM
Please can you upgrade this theme to win 10 !!!!

santa21
September 27th, 2015, 02:35 AM
great work!

MatG-DK
November 11th, 2015, 12:51 AM
This is my favorite theme of them all, thank you so much Mr GRiM
I do have a little problem and made a thread about it, maybe u could look at it, please? http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/70242-White-color-sometimes?p=308262#post308262

:-)

TheDeath
December 26th, 2015, 10:05 AM
Awesome :Smile: