PDA

View Full Version : Win 8 black screen flashing on boot!

Black_knight
December 25th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Hi, I was just wodering if any of you who are using win 8 have had this problem before. My Windows updates are on and they automatically update, this time when it was done updating and restarted I am getting a flashing black screen. I refreshed my windows and updated it again, it was fine but as soon as i applied the Ux theme patcher and the Aero Glass for win 8, i got the same problem after reboot. I have refreshed my pc again and I am not taking the risk of applying the Ux Theme patcher and Aero Glass. I just want to know if any of you experienced this after the latest updates for Win 8 and is there a work around as I want to customize my Win 8. Thanks appreciate all the help.

poweredbyostx
December 25th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Hi, I was just wodering if any of you who are using win 8 have had this problem before. My Windows updates are on and they automatically update, this time when it was done updating and restarted I am getting a flashing black screen. I refreshed my windows and updated it again, it was fine but as soon as i applied the Ux theme patcher and the Aero Glass for win 8, i got the same problem after reboot. I have refreshed my pc again and I am not taking the risk of applying the Ux Theme patcher and Aero Glass. I just want to know if any of you experienced this after the latest updates for Win 8 and is there a work around as I want to customize my Win 8. Thanks appreciate all the help.
I had the same problem as you,but I wasn't do update on Windows 8,I only apply the Aero Glass,and after restarting my log on screen was black.I didn;t have access to Windows I needed to re-install it again.
I think the problem is not in Ux patcher or Windows update.As I say after applying Aero Glass I didn't have access to Windows.
By the way Ux patcher worked find on my Windows 8.

December 26th, 2013, 12:38 PM
guys i'm more apt to think it's due to some setting in windows or a program you've installed, or a particular driver causing the problems. the reason i say this is that others here have there win 8 and 8.1 fully updated and themed without any problems. i would make one suggestion turn off auto update, just manually do it the second tuesday of every month.

gsw953
December 26th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Also if you are using Aero Glass you don't need to use a theme patcher as Aero Glass can enable 3rd party custom themes.
I use this method on both my 8 and 8.1 systems and haven't had any issues with windows update.

Levi Vladimir
January 30th, 2017, 04:58 AM
I advise you to disable the automatic installation of updates. If your Windows 8 or 10 is stable, why do you need to install the update ???

TheArkive
January 30th, 2017, 08:15 AM
New security threats and patches?

Some people just like to stay up-to-date. That's certainly not unreasonable on a Windows OS. Besides, UltraUxThemePatcher can sustain its settings through windows update now. Check their FAQ.

Windows Update is far less of a problem now for themes than it used to be.

For the black / grey / flashing / etc screen on reboot issues here's a thread (http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/75394-Windows-8-10-Recover-from-Black-Grey-Flashing-Screen-After-Reboot?p=323053#post323053) that will help with that.

January 30th, 2017, 10:43 AM
I advise you to disable the automatic installation of updates. If your Windows 8 or 10 is stable, why do you need to install the update ???

i advise you NOT to be telling people that. you can defer updates, you can even set 10 to notify you about updates and you choose when to install them, but make no mistake you need to install them for your and everyone's online security. i also advice you put your signature where it actually belongs or do not use it.