PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Locating A Location For Clock...

YourNumbr1Fan
January 5th, 2014, 06:48 AM
Guys, can one of you tell me where the color-setting is for the bg (in WSB) that is behind the clock-face?
I know that the images for the actual clock are in the Timedate.cpl....but, if I leave the bg for the clock image transparent, I'm still getting a white box
around the face when applied. I did make a bg that matches the color (as you can see from #2), but, if possible, I'd rather not have to do that in every
custom clock I make in Win7.

I know this tutorial has some info, but it didn't help me with this issue. It says the images are in Timedate.cpl...which is true for the clock-face and overlay: http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/28810-Complete-Guide-to-Theme-Building
I didn't have this issue in Win8 or 8.1...wonder why?:what:

#1 (using transparent bg in clock image): 65840

#2 (with colored bg I made): 65841

(By the way, I'm going to use this theme as my base for my 1st theme! It'll be COMPLETELY re-designed (everything changed), with my own images, when finished...and will include extras like logon-screen, etc. Yes. I'm going to FINALLY make a theme.):happy:

deviantdon
January 5th, 2014, 08:39 AM
im not sure there is a setting in wsb bro, from my understanding if your making the clocks for a certain theme then the back ground in the clock image should be made the same as you did in wsb for the explorer windows background that way when loaded the blend and it looks like your bottom image.

YourNumbr1Fan
January 5th, 2014, 08:53 AM
That's exactly what I did in the #2 capture....So this is what I'll have to do with all round clocks in 7? In 8 and 8.1, you can just leave the bg transparent (behind the clock-face in the Timedate.cpl).

im not sure there is a setting in wsb bro, from my understanding if your making the clocks for a certain theme then the back ground in the clock image should be made the same as you did in wsb for the explorer windows background that way when loaded the blend and it looks like your bottom image.

deviantdon
January 5th, 2014, 09:12 AM
That's exactly what I did in the #2 capture....So this is what I'll have to do with all round clocks in 7? In 8 and 8.1, you can just leave the bg transparent (behind the clock-face in the Timedate.cpl).
as far as i know yes,sorry bro..

gsw953
January 5th, 2014, 10:06 AM
No it should be the same way in 8\8.1 as in 7
this is your Embedded clock on 8.1 when used with a dark theme

YourNumbr1Fan
January 5th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Actually that embedded clock has the white background made into the clock, Greg. Some of my others had transparent backgrounds, like this one: http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/62985-Black-White-Clocks-for-Win8-1 , and, since the theme had white in the menu it blended anyway. I guess I never knew one way or the other because the theme I used in 8 and 8.1 had white menu bg color.... In a dark theme, I would have realized I needed to add the same color bg as the bg in the rest of the clock ui....Oh well, it's not hard to add a color behind the clock-face.

Would you mind applying the one I linked, see if the white box is there? Thanks for your help my friend.:peace:

No it should be the same way in 8\8.1 as in 7
this is your Embedded clock on 8.1 when used with a dark theme

YourNumbr1Fan
January 5th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Thanks so much, Don. I wish someone could create a classmap for that image......But, oh well, I'll just have to remember that I need to add a matching bg in them.

gsw953
January 5th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Actually that embedded clock has the white background made into the clock, Greg. Some of my others had transparent backgrounds, like this one: http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/62985-Black-White-Clocks-for-Win8-1 , and, since the theme had white in the menu it blended anyway. I guess I never knew one way or the other because the theme I used in 8 and 8.1 had white menu bg color.... In a dark theme, I would have realized I needed to add the same color bg as the bg in the rest of the clock ui....Oh well, it's not hard to add a color behind the clock-face.

Would you mind applying the one I linked, see if the white box is there? Thanks for your help my friend.:peace:

I get the same thing

YourNumbr1Fan
January 5th, 2014, 11:23 AM
OK so I was wrong about 8 and .1 not needing a bg for the clock. Thanks man! Oh well, it's good to know these things!daman

If I was any better at CSS, I'd maybe find a work-a-round in either UIFILE 200 or 305. But I'm not that swooft at it, and think adding a bg would be less trouble.

I get the same thing

gsw953
January 5th, 2014, 12:16 PM
OK so I was wrong about 8 and .1 not needing a bg for the clock. Thanks man! Oh well, it's good to know these things!daman

If I was any better at CSS, I'd maybe find a work-a-round in either UIFILE 200 or 305. But I'm not that swooft at it, and think adding a bg would be less trouble.

I have looked at those lots but I can't see where it calls for the images so I always figured it was in one of the hex files,like the mui. Hex editing is
something I know nothing about so I just left it at that.
The one thing I do change in mine is sometimes is the FlyoutSheet background to use the window background color instead of Flyout, 6, 0.
This is because the digital clock under the analog one uses the window background

YourNumbr1Fan
January 5th, 2014, 04:45 PM
That's handy info, bud, thanks! I do appreciate your help.

I have looked at those lots but I can't see where it calls for the images so I always figured it was in one of the hex files,like the mui. Hex editing is
something I know nothing about so I just left it at that.
The one thing I do change in mine is sometimes is the FlyoutSheet background to use the window background color instead of Flyout, 6, 0.
This is because the digital clock under the analog one uses the window background