PDA

View Full Version : Any way to manually access icons in a theme pack?

soldierofpoverty
February 4th, 2014, 10:29 PM
Hey,

I recently installed Mr Grim's Machine Red icon pack for Windows 8, and I noticed that it only changed some of my icons. I remember back when I installed his Blade theme on an earlier computer, it came with a folder full of .ico files that I could use to manually change some icons. Does anyone know if theme packs usually deposit a folder of .ico files somewhere on my computer, or if there's any other way to access them? Thanks.

ONE MAN ARMY
February 5th, 2014, 02:19 AM
Hey,

I recently installed Mr Grim's Machine Red icon pack for Windows 8, and I noticed that it only changed some of my icons. I remember back when I installed his Blade theme on an earlier computer, it came with a folder full of .ico files that I could use to manually change some icons. Does anyone know if theme packs usually deposit a folder of .ico files somewhere on my computer, or if there's any other way to access them? Thanks.

You will need to extract the 7TSP Icon pack to your desktop or wherever. Open The Resources Folder. In there you will see around 60 .dll files. You need a program Like Restorator to open the .dll files and Pull any .ico you want from the .dll files. This is where the icons that Make up 7tsp pack are. Hope this helps.

soldierofpoverty
February 5th, 2014, 02:49 AM
You will need to extract the 7TSP Icon pack to your desktop or wherever. Open The Resources Folder. In there you will see around 60 .dll files. You need a program Like Restorator to open the .dll files and Pull any .ico you want from the .dll files. This is where the icons that Make up 7tsp pack are. Hope this helps.
Ah ok, I didn't know such a program existed. Much appreciated

Originalganjaman
February 9th, 2014, 11:36 AM
You will also need update 2 installed if using Restorator to extract icons from some newer packs