PDA

View Full Version : Issues always with dark themes & unreadable basic system text

SpaceOctopus
March 2nd, 2014, 03:42 AM
Hi all, I was hoping someone might be able to help me out with this issue.
Since I first started using these kinds of themes, I've never been able to get a dark theme to really work for me because basic & important areas of text are completely dark against a dark background. I figure that this has to be either an issue with me/my set up, since most of the themes made are dark & look better that way....so I assume that it works fine for most people.
The main example is message boxes, or any system dialogs. I'm at a loss, can someone please help me out? It would be very much appreciated.
:love:

I've included a screenshot to help show the problem. It's with every dark theme I've ever tried to use. Very frustrating, as you can imagine, because this is a type of text that can't just be ignored/unreadable because it's usually important info.

deviantdon
March 2nd, 2014, 05:56 AM
in creating the custom themes (dark ones the most) you will encounter this problem. its because there are certain parts of the windows that you cant change the text color form the original black color. so its not you or your system.

ONE MAN ARMY
March 2nd, 2014, 08:10 AM
Yup pretty much what Deviantdon said. Its kinda a Compromise for having dark themes. Thats why most dark themes are still just light enough to barely read the text. Sorry. we have all tried to find the fix to this.

XxHackThisxX
March 2nd, 2014, 02:36 PM
errmmm?? Am i missing something here? I have used many dark themes and i have never had that problem.Then again,maybe i have just never noticed..lol anyway,why cant you just change the font color or other colors by clicking on the areas that are red or yellow as shown in your screenshot.By doing so,it will show that area that you clicked on in the "items" drop down list.Just click the color to the right and change it to suite your needs or so it is atleast readable or to match the rest of your theme.That is the only other solution that i can think of.I can not imagine that it would mess up the rest of your theme any.Or is there something else i am missing here?..lol..am kindah curious now.

gsw953
March 2nd, 2014, 05:42 PM
http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/41042-MacType?highlight=mactype

SpaceOctopus
March 2nd, 2014, 06:32 PM
errmmm?? Am i missing something here? I have used many dark themes and i have never had that problem.Then again,maybe i have just never noticed..lol anyway,why cant you just change the font color or other colors by clicking on the areas that are red or yellow as shown in your screenshot.By doing so,it will show that area that you clicked on in the "items" drop down list.Just click the color to the right and change it to suite your needs or so it is atleast readable or to match the rest of your theme.That is the only other solution that i can think of.I can not imagine that it would mess up the rest of your theme any.Or is there something else i am missing here?..lol..am kindah curious now.

Unfortunately that doesn't exactly work for most themes. I usually use the "Window Color & Appearance" window to change things, but most themes somehow prevent most changes there from working. I don't need the help for making a theme, just for using them. This really doesn't seem like something other people would be fine with in order to have a dark theme, I'm convinced that the specific kind of text I'm talking about doesn't have to be like this. I know that it changes if I don't apply a custom theme and instead I just change settings in the window appearance box....I don't see why it wouldn't work with custom themes too. Thanks everyone for trying to help though. :)