PDA

View Full Version : Taskbar (And Start Orb) Issue

LupinePredator
March 2nd, 2014, 09:33 PM
Hope this is the right place to post this.

I downloaded Mr. Blade's Reactor-X Blue theme from his site. I installed the theme, and everything went perfectly. However, when I rebooted the computer after a successful install, the taskbar and start orb had reverted to Win 7 default. I have no clue on fixing the taskbar. In the past, I have used Windows 7 Start Orb Changer, but I made sure that I restored the start orb to the default before I installed the theme. Just in case, I should also mention that this was an executable installer, with extras that needed to be manually added - specifically, a 7tsp Icon Pack; boot skin; dock skin; logon screen; and Rainmeter skin.

Any ideas? Forgive the n00b, please...:ashamed:

ONE MAN ARMY
March 2nd, 2014, 09:41 PM
Hope this is the right place to post this.

I downloaded Mr. Blade's Reactor-X Blue theme from his site. I installed the theme, and everything went perfectly. However, when I rebooted the computer after a successful install, the taskbar and start orb had reverted to Win 7 default. I have no clue on fixing the taskbar. In the past, I have used Windows 7 Start Orb Changer, but I made sure that I restored the start orb to the default before I installed the theme.

Any ideas? Forgive the n00b, please...:ashamed:

Not sure what happened. But if it was me. I would open command prompt and type

SFC /scannow wait till its done scanning and reboot your computer. then Re Patch your system with UniversalThemePatcher and then I would make sure Theme resource changer was still installed and re install the theme. If you want to change the start orb. Just go to C:\windows\resources\Themes\Reactorx\explorer.exe inside the explorer.exe are 3.png images just change the one that says 6805 to the orb you want. Just make sure it .png file. and restart.

LupinePredator
March 3rd, 2014, 01:07 AM
Thanks for the reply, One Man Army. I have some things to take care of here, and then I'll try your suggestions.