PDA

View Full Version : My poor car

Mr GRiM
March 18th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Hi guys, got a call from my wife on her way home today letting me know she had just been in an accident and telling me she had written my car off, she was pretty shaken up but she didn't have any injuries, there were a total of 4 vehicles involved and she was at the back of them and rear ended the car in front, the car in front was also a write off although the 2 4WD vehicles suffered no damage at all and drove away.

Unfortunately I don't have insurance and now I have no car, I don't like to ask for handouts but any support in helping us in our situation would be greatly appreciated, even if it's only a dollar, everything helps, you can make a donation through the site here http://virtualcustoms.net/misc.php?do=donate or by purchasing a theme from the shop, I will also be making all the themes in the shop 50% off for the next month.

Thanks for your support guys.

beagleman1701
March 18th, 2014, 10:27 AM
sorry to hear the bad news hope she is ok.

cybacreep
March 18th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Sorry to hear this Mark
next week pay day i buy some themes

stu
March 18th, 2014, 10:38 AM
sorry to here this mark im glad the wife is ok tho

sete
March 18th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Mark sorry for bad luck, I will buy your theme no problem.

Mrs Grim
March 18th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Just want to say thank u everyone about your concern I'm ok just a little sore very lucky to have no serious injury's and that the kids were not with me

deviantdon
March 18th, 2014, 07:35 PM
i wont have any cash for like a month or so but i will try to help if i can mark. sorry about the car but the good news is that she is ok and thats what matters the most bro.

poweredbyostx
March 18th, 2014, 07:48 PM
That is really bad to see,however she is fine,and that is really great to hear.
I will see what I can do...

ONE MAN ARMY
March 18th, 2014, 10:09 PM
Man that sucks. Grim Hope everything works out and glad she is ok.

Mr GRiM
March 19th, 2014, 12:09 AM
Thanks for your support guys, I just sent out a news letter, disregard it if you have already seen the thread, just wanted to reach out a little more to see if I can attract a bit more attention to this thread.

n1h1l1sT
March 19th, 2014, 12:24 AM
I'm very glad no one's rly hurt. I only had 1.36EUR in my account so i could only send 2AUD (the donation redirection had AUD as currency).
I'm sorry that I couldn't be more helpful - freaking greek economy is so messed up atm.

I hope everything gets better for you

budman21
March 19th, 2014, 02:12 AM
Give me a Day or Two Mark. Will be Happy to Help you out anyway I can. I've been in the same boat before and yes it sucks BIGTIME..

bigtowncowboy
March 19th, 2014, 02:12 AM
just a suggestion, since i got your mass email.. perhaps you should allow unregistered guests to view links so that your donation link can be viewed without making a forum account. just a thought. ;)

budman21
March 19th, 2014, 02:19 AM
Give me a Day or Two Mark. Will be Happy to help I've been in the same Boat before so yes NOT a Problem.. Hope everyone is ok we can Fix a car Faster then a Human..

Mr GRiM
March 19th, 2014, 02:41 AM
just a suggestion, since i got your mass email.. perhaps you should allow unregistered guests to view links so that your donation link can be viewed without making a forum account. just a thought. ;)

Thanks for the suggestion. I have disabled that mod for now.

SoundGuy
March 19th, 2014, 04:25 AM
Sorry to hear the news but glad Mrs. Grim is ok. I'll let friends know.

Icey771
March 19th, 2014, 04:27 AM
I'm not an active user here but once i seen the email i thought i'd see whats going on, then i saw the pictures and I hope you are all okay from stress injury etc. ill see what I can do for now ill defiantly buy at least 1 theme until i get paid which should be tomorrow or so then ill see what i can spear for you guys. Thank you for the great themes also, I'll here where i can.

Yours truly,
Icey771

Kameirus
March 19th, 2014, 05:35 AM
Mark
im sorry to hear about this...i hope your wife is ok
i cant do anything till 2nd of april as you know i only get my check once a month
but on the 2nd i will send you 10 or 15 dollars if that will be ok

Magictallguy
March 19th, 2014, 08:07 AM
$20 donated. Sorry it's not much, but I really can't spare it this month.
Hope things work out well for you

hunteds911
March 19th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Hi guys, got a call from my wife on her way home today letting me know she had just been in an accident and telling me she had written my car off, she was pretty shaken up but she didn't have any injuries, there were a total of 4 vehicles involved and she was at the back of them and rear ended the car in front, the car in front was also a write off although the 2 4WD vehicles suffered no damage at all and drove away.

Unfortunately I don't have insurance and now I have no car, I don't like to ask for handouts but any support in helping us in our situation would be greatly appreciated, even if it's only a dollar, everything helps, you can make a donation through the site here http://virtualcustoms.net/misc.php?do=donate or by purchasing a theme from the shop, I will also be making all the themes in the shop 50% off for the next month.

Thanks for your support guys.

I can relate was in a major wreck with my car, luckily I was not hurt but my car is still in the shop. 2007 Mazda RX8 Grand Touring - 5 car wreck on I-10 in Houston. Pretty bad. I am still shook up over it ,but feeling lucky it was not more damage than what there was. I will see if I can donate something later this week when I get my check. Hope all works out for you.

Zilla
March 19th, 2014, 04:37 PM
dang that sucks, is the car scrapable? Id save the rims n tires.

Virtu
March 19th, 2014, 06:37 PM
Sorry to hear about the bad news, Mark - it's a relief the Missus escaped unhurt from that crash. Have linked this topic to all the beta forums that I haunt . . . . . . . . everything will be alright - take care.

JGR33N
March 19th, 2014, 09:16 PM
It's not much, but sent $10 US your way. I'm glad your wife is ok.

Draxx
March 19th, 2014, 11:03 PM
Sorry to hear Mark. I'm not an active user of late as I am using Mac computers, have been for a while. My last laptop had windows 7 with a Mr Grimm theme on Bootcamp, but this one does not like having an earlier version of anything on it, so I have to wait until i can upgrade. I too am in Cairns. Hope all pans out well for you and your family. I do know of a couple of cheap cars with roadworthy if you are interested, you have my email, if you wish.

beagleman1701
March 20th, 2014, 12:13 AM
all I could do was make a purchase hope it helps your in my thoughts and prayers.

gondudy
March 20th, 2014, 03:56 AM
wasup bro ill try to save some money so i can donate to yur cause bro i work walmart is there a card there i can use to donate to u or to buy a theme with , sorrie i never bought a theme from anywhere really dont know the process but ill give it a try my email is in my account info bro email me with some details much
mahalos glad yur wife is ok btw i wouldnt know wat to do with my wife in my life kk guys ill cyah n take care

Mr GRiM
March 20th, 2014, 06:14 AM
Thanks so much for all your donations, I cant express how much this means to me and I hope I can return the kindness in some way :smile:

dekaser
March 20th, 2014, 06:40 AM
I hope she is fine.

Virilux
March 20th, 2014, 06:40 AM
Hope everything's going in a positive direction for you!Life really sucks when it hits you hard, but life is also sporadic; good things will help you back up! And it'll be payday soon.

dekaser
March 20th, 2014, 06:51 AM
I hope my little donation can help u through this unlucky situation. Wish u luck.

peci
March 20th, 2014, 07:18 PM
Wow shit! im sorry for what happend to your wife and you.

daveje9
March 21st, 2014, 12:54 AM
Sorry to her about the trouble; most important is that everyone's OK. I've admired and have been a benefactor of your work for so long, I'd be happy to help...and since I have to re-download all my themes anyway, that 50% off will come in handy later on.

Hellster
March 21st, 2014, 02:06 AM
Donated some money, wasn't a lot but hope it helps :)

tazman171
March 21st, 2014, 02:43 AM
Not much i know but there's that: 97A71653T3224261K and I'm gonna stop in the theme shop.

Glad she's OK and cars are well cars, replaceable but not always easy to depending on the car, I feel your pain. :sad:

tazman171
March 21st, 2014, 08:51 AM
And did by a theme, Asus Premium Theme Pack. They did some really nice work. :Smile:

Mr GRiM
March 23rd, 2014, 05:06 PM
Thanks again, so much guys, seriously, these donations are so appreciated, I have had a bit of luck with the car, I decided to go ahead and see if I can fix it myself, I have dismantled the whole front end to see the full extent of the damage and while I have not been to a mechanic to see if they think it is a write off or could be repaired, I do believe it can be fixed, when I asked everyone at the scene including the tow truck driver they all basically told me Hell No!! but I have a different opinion.

So anyway I searched on eBay to see what sort of parts I could find and happened across something that I think is going to save my cars life, it's called the the front radiator support.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51HCJyO54pL.jpg

This was the whole front end of the car essentially and something I didn't think was replaceable till I found one on eBay by chance http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MITSUBISHI-LANCER-CE-RADIATOR-SUPPORT-/121297359071?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c3de2d0df so anyway I have now purchased this part as well as the front bar enforcement and a new radiator with your donations so far.

I spent all of today with an angle grinder grinding all the spot welds off to remove the damaged front radiator support and I am very happy with my results, as it stands now I have removed nearly every damaged part of the car, there are still a few bits that need bending back into shape but I will do that once I have the new parts to get the proper alignment, still a long way to go though, got another thousand dollars worth of parts I need, new headlights, indicators, right guard, bumper, front grill, washer bottle, condenser, radiator fans and hoses.

Aside from the parts there are a couple of other minor issues I need to get looked at, today when I tried to start it up and put it in gear the clutch would not disengage and would let me change gear so I ended it up pushing it out my garage but when trying to move it back in this evening it started to work again, the clutch slave cylinder did take a bit of a whack though bending the push rod to a 45 degree angle, although I have straightened that again now, well straight enough lol, the other minor issue I seem to be having is the windscreen wipers intermittently seem to function by themselves so could be a wiring problem somewhere I need to inspect.

Well anyway just thought I would give you all a heads up at where I'm at, I hope none of you are disappointed or feel misled after I initially though my car was written off, I am just a bit attached to my car and if there is a glimmer of hope she can be saved I want to give it go, the big decider will hopefully be later this week when I receive the radiator support and hopefully it will fit straight on, that's if the chassis is not out of alignment.

Oh and almost forgot, Shona is doing well, she did have some xrays done on her chest and is now doing physio, she had some bruising on her chest and pains on her left side, this was strange as the seat belt is on the right shoulder in a RH drive car, turns out that in the accident she has twisted her body on the unsupported side and this has caused her to tear her chest muscle away from her ribs and given her very deep muscle bruising, she is doing well though, just finding it hard to lift with her left arm and can not turn to look over her left shoulder but although very painful she will make a full recovery.

Honestly though guys, I can not thank you all enough, all the support has been absolutely awesome and it's wonderful to see the human spirit from all corners of the globe is still alive and well, maybe there is still a glimmer of hope for World peace one day after all :smile:

JGR33N
March 23rd, 2014, 06:14 PM
From the looks of your pics, you have done a fine job. It looks as though you'll be up and running in your baby with your beloved once again!daman

tazman171
March 23rd, 2014, 06:53 PM
To me it looks like all ofr the damage was in front of the strut towers, that is looking at the first set of pics and these seem to confirm that. Need to have the refernce points for the frame to confirm that of course so I'm just guessung. How fast was she going when the mayhem started?

I understand the "hard to let go" thing, ben driveng my 20 year old truck for 10 years and I just rebuilt the whole power train and have done mods everywhere. Hell, I'm the second owner and I have the original window sticker, take something serious to have me "let it go"! So I feel you there is my point.

Mr GRiM
March 23rd, 2014, 07:01 PM
To me it looks like all ofr the damage was in front of the strut towers, that is looking at the first set of pics and these seem to confirm that. Need to have the refernce points for the frame to confirm that of course so I'm just guessung. How fast was she going when the mayhem started?

I understand the "hard to let go" thing, ben driveng my 20 year old truck for 10 years and I just rebuilt the whole power train and have done mods everywhere. Hell, I'm the second owner and I have the original window sticker, take something serious to have me "let it go"! So I feel you there is my point.

Not sure exactly what the speed was on the point of impact, depends on how early she braked, if at all lol but the speed limit was 80KMph so she probably hit at a fair speed, at the same time though it was a rear she hit so the car in front may have still been traveling at some speed as well.

DJ DRIVE
March 23rd, 2014, 08:16 PM
sorry to hear the bad. all will be well

IceBabee
March 25th, 2014, 05:28 AM
WOW........that was alot of damage and, I am really glad that your wife wasn't hurt! Bless you both :girl:

yorgash
March 25th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Damn that's sad to watch.
Still, I'm your wife's alright. Wish I could help as you are a man I respect greatly (all the help you offer to skinners is just insane), but in fact I'm saving up for an eye surgery that's currently too important to me.
Wish you the best!

Mr GRiM
March 27th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Mate that's sad as, its good your wife is ok, is that a lancer(bits-a-nissan) I have tons of parts same color car I was rear ended and paid out by insurance, if only I could get the parts to you but I'm Melbourne and your in brisi..... Check the wiper arm for damage then check wiring loom to wiper motor,looks like you have done alright fixin her up

I am in cairns mate, just a little bit further north lol, it's ok though mate i found a local supplier that can get the parts for a lot less then I thought.

Larmes de Crocodile
April 2nd, 2014, 02:53 PM
Poor family :[. I want to wish you all the best, don‘t let misfortune to bring you down!

Mr GRiM
April 4th, 2014, 03:37 AM
Update at where I'm at, got the new radiator support welded on, new front guard, bonnet, bonnet hinges, bumper, bar support, radiator, condenser, washer bottle, and grille, still waiting for headlight, indicators, hoses and cooling fans but it's getting there, just got a quote to get the new panels painted and that's going to be from $800 to $1200 or about $3500 to get the whole car sprayed, would like to paint it myself but don't think I would be able to do a very good job and no point spending all the time and money doing it myself if I have to get it done again anyway.

-somebody-
April 4th, 2014, 04:56 AM
wow sorry to hear about the misfortune but glad to hear your wife was ok. good work on the car, can barely even tell its the same car.

ONE MAN ARMY
April 4th, 2014, 06:32 AM
Looks like your getting there Grim. Just stay positive and Be patient. Like you said. Do it the right way no point in spending money twice. Hope everything works out and its all good to go in the end.

Erin
April 6th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Uf ... Fortunatelly your family is safe :loving: And I can see (through your pictures "before" and "after") that you are doing a fabulous work with car repair. So ... here (Spain) we're coming out of a economic recession and ... well ... I'm a solicitor (some years ago, I was a lawyer) : my clients don't pay and my State also ... but ...
I know the Law isn't the same thing in my country and yours, but iif I can help you, from a legal point of view, it would be a pleasure for me . :loving:
(Did you have taken out insurance for the car?. Big Risk?, the cause of the accident was ....?? ....)

Mr GRiM
April 14th, 2014, 04:50 AM
Just thought I would let you all know I have the car back on the road, still got to get the AC gassed and the new panels painted but at least I can drive my car again :smile:

Lamia
April 14th, 2014, 07:55 AM
Just thought I would let you all know I have the car back on the road, still got to get the AC gassed and the new panels painted but at least I can drive my car again :smile:
Nice to hear that you are back on road Mark, now let's road rage begin! :Smile:

Erin
April 14th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Congratulations!! :paryt2::peace:!!!!