PDA

View Full Version : Taskbar images are darkened when I modify them

ChrisERAU
March 21st, 2014, 02:50 AM
Everytime I change/replace an image to use as the taskbar buttons, the image gets darkened. I'm not sure if others have had this issue, but if makes trying to change taskbar icons extremely frustrating. For example, I'd change just a part of the image, save it, then test it. Of course, the entire image gets darker somewhere along the way, so I open up the original image and the modified image, just to make sure.

ONE MAN ARMY
March 21st, 2014, 06:40 AM
Everytime I change/replace an image to use as the taskbar buttons, the image gets darkened. I'm not sure if others have had this issue, but if makes trying to change taskbar icons extremely frustrating. For example, I'd change just a part of the image, save it, then test it. Of course, the entire image gets darker somewhere along the way, so I open up the original image and the modified image, just to make sure.

just a thought but when you test your theme in wsb your aero effect usualy gets set back to default, does this with me so when your hitting the test button the images get darker because the aero effect of windows is behind the glass. Try testing your theme then go into personalize/window color and set intensity all the way down. Or just play with it. Or you can always download the tool to disable taskbar blur. for true transparancy. Hope this is what your seeing.

ChrisERAU
March 21st, 2014, 07:33 AM
After messing with it for way too long, I finally got it to work. (fingers crossed) I think the issue was having the picture opened in Paint,NET when I was testing the changes. I know this doesn't make any sense, but if it works, it works.