PDA

View Full Version : artwork being posted on another site

beagleman1701
April 5th, 2014, 10:02 PM
I found out someone is taking artwork from Virtual customs and posting it on a Russian web site 7themes.su. just wanted you to know about it.

Lamia
April 5th, 2014, 11:22 PM
Yes also all my Windows 8.1 imports, don't know if this is friendly site with Virtual Customs!? :amazed:

XxHackThisxX
April 6th, 2014, 03:26 AM
I am looking through it at the moment and have also noticed two of my wallpapers and many other wallpapers from other artist's here at vc.I am also seeing themes and many other things from here at vc.Am still looking through it.

beagleman1701
April 6th, 2014, 03:32 AM
yeah they have pirated a lot of stuff shoot me a pm ill give the names that I know

XxHackThisxX
April 6th, 2014, 03:44 AM
ok.so i have went through ALL the wallpapers and there are quite ah few that have been pirated from here at vc.I could understand if they posted the wallpaper giving credit to the original artist,but they didnt even do that.probably nothing we can do here at vc to prevent that. Maybe i should start posting my walls with watermarks instead of posting the originals,so if they want it then they will have to get it via email or privately through vc :) I know it sux,but if that's what it has to come down to then i will do it.

ONE MAN ARMY
April 6th, 2014, 06:24 AM
You know it sucks when people take your work without permission and dont give credits. But you all got to remember this is internet life. Its just how it goes. Once you post it online, Thats it. Its there for anyone to do with what they want. Im not saying this is right and personally I wish people would respect the original Artist. But people are who they are. One thing good about it is, It lets you see peoples character and style.

beagleman1701
April 6th, 2014, 11:02 AM
that's true but it looks like two people have done this if you want the names at least they could be banned that might help stop the pirating.

Originalganjaman
April 6th, 2014, 11:53 AM
I've noticed several Russian and Spanish speaking sites hosting VC content and also download links to VC content provided on Youtube channels with no mention of the original artist provided.