PDA

View Full Version : Account syncing Windows 8.1

Dark Knight
May 7th, 2014, 09:17 PM
I know you can sync accounts from one pc to another in windows 8.1 but does anyone know if you can sync a Microsoft account along with a local account on the same pc?

I am talking about just syncing the look, layout, folders and stuff like that, I know with a local account you don't have access to the Microsoft store and other apps.

I was just wondering because I created a local account on my pc for the times when I just don't want all the Microsoft apps and crap running in the background but would still like to access my files on my Microsoft account.
I know realistically I can set the local account as an administrator account to have access to all the folders on my Microsoft account side but your talking about extra clicks / taps to get to those folders. It would be nice if you could just sync both accounts and have a mirror of the two, only one would not have app and store access. :peace:

Lito
May 7th, 2014, 09:28 PM
I know you can sync accounts from one pc to another in windows 8.1 but does anyone know if you can sync a Microsoft account along with a local account on the same pc?

I am talking about just syncing the look, layout, folders and stuff like that, I know with a local account you don't have access to the Microsoft store and other apps.

I was just wondering because I created a local account on my pc for the times when I just don't want all the Microsoft apps and crap running in the background but would still like to access my files on my Microsoft account.
I know realistically I can set the local account as an administrator account to have access to all the folders on my Microsoft account side but your talking about extra clicks / taps to get to those folders. It would be nice if you could just sync both accounts and have a mirror of the two, only one would not have app and store access. :peace:

Sounds like a good thing bro................ Only my problem is i cant upgrade tp win 8.1 for jack,i've tried 3 times now and it goes all the way thru and then gives me that error and i've followed up with everything that the troubleshoot tells me and its getting on my nerves big time bcuz everything is all working fine and im stumped :anger:

Dark Knight
May 7th, 2014, 10:04 PM
Sounds like a good thing bro................ Only my problem is i cant upgrade tp win 8.1 for jack,i've tried 3 times now and it goes all the way thru and then gives me that error and i've followed up with everything that the troubleshoot tells me and its getting on my nerves big time bcuz everything is all working fine and im stumped :anger:

You might try doing it from a clean install.
For example my pc came with Windows 8 so in order for me to get the 8.1 update 1 install installed correctly I had to do a clean install of Windows 8, install the Windows updates then download Windows 8.1 with update 1 bundled in from the Windows store. That's the only way it worked for me. Downloading and installing using the Windows Update just wouldn't work.

Lito
May 7th, 2014, 10:24 PM
You might try doing it from a clean install.
For example my pc came with Windows 8 so in order for me to get the 8.1 update 1 install installed correctly I had to do a clean install of Windows 8, install the Windows updates then download Windows 8.1 with update 1 bundled in from the Windows store. That's the only way it worked for me. Downloading and installing using the Windows Update just wouldn't work.

Thats what im doing bro i am trying from the store and if im not mistaking the win 8.1 has the update 1 with it from what i've been reading bcuz 3 times now even after a refresh i keep getting the error codes of 0xc190010/0x40017 and i've been all thru my HP asst program and scans and no updates for any drivers and no new updates from windows so yeah im face palming :anger:

May 7th, 2014, 10:40 PM
Lito (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/272623-Lito) i don't know if you want to do this, but when i work on a pre-built system i backup what the owner doesn't want to loose, and wipe the entire drive including the recovery partition. i install them a clean untouched copy of their os and copies of the software they had that they still want. they end up having far fewer problems from then on out.