PDA

View Full Version : Start Orb won't Changes, after instal Predator Themes

Nasrul Haq Bin Husain
May 26th, 2014, 02:43 AM
I am very grateful to Razorsedge who has made an incredible cool themes. I liked it a lot. There is a little problem, how do I change windows start button? Please help me ...,

Lamia
May 26th, 2014, 07:30 AM
Usually when start orb don't change with themes on my old Windows 7, it's time to tun run cmd as administrator: sfc /scannow , later re-patch your system to re-enable custom themes on your pc and it should work! :Peace:

Nasrul Haq Bin Husain
May 26th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Usually when start orb don't change with themes on my old Windows 7, it's time to tun run cmd as administrator: sfc /scannow , later re-patch your system to re-enable custom themes on your pc and it should work! :Peace:

I've tried it, but still it does not change the start button. are there any other suggestions? Thank you for willing to assist Lamia. ....

:happy:

Lamia
May 26th, 2014, 01:13 PM
I've tried it, but still it does not change the start button. are there any other suggestions? Thank you for willing to assist Lamia. ....

:happy:
I clearly doubt that this method didn't work for you, i bet you did something wrong again, anyway as alternative way, search on google for some Start Orb Changer application! :peace:

HammerJack
May 26th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Try these 2 steps below.
That image is changed with Theme Resource Changer and certain settings have to changed sometime;

1) Open Control Panel and click on "Folder Options".
Click on the "View" tab on top. Scroll down until you see "Launch folder windows in a separate process"
Make sure the box is UN-CHECKED. Some of the images will not change if this box is checked.

2) Next Open Control Panel and click on "Display".
Make sure the radio button is checked for "Smaller - 100% (default)".
If your DPI settings are not at default, the start orb & navigation buttons will not change.

Nasrul Haq Bin Husain
May 26th, 2014, 11:29 PM
I clearly doubt that this method didn't work for you, i bet you did something wrong again, anyway as alternative way, search on google for some Start Orb Changer application! :peace:

well, I will try search applications that can change the star. Thank you already want to help, Lamia......:happy:

Nasrul Haq Bin Husain
May 26th, 2014, 11:33 PM
Try these 2 steps below.
That image is changed with Theme Resource Changer and certain settings have to changed sometime;

1) Open Control Panel and click on "Folder Options".
Click on the "View" tab on top. Scroll down until you see "Launch folder windows in a separate process"
Make sure the box is UN-CHECKED. Some of the images will not change if this box is checked.

2) Next Open Control Panel and click on "Display".
Make sure the radio button is checked for "Smaller - 100% (default)".
If your DPI settings are not at default, the start orb & navigation buttons will not change.

Thanks for helping HammerJack, I just tried advice and assistance you provided, all settings are like that but to no avail as well. are there any other suggestions HammerJack?

HammerJack
May 27th, 2014, 12:14 AM
are there any other suggestions HammerJack?

Hmm, Not at this time..
Even though there should be nothing missing from his theme folders, you could send me a link to the one you downloaded (There are several Predator themes posted) and I could test it on my end. But it is doubtful that will produce anything?

Make sure Theme resource changer is installed by opening control panel and then opening 'Programs and Features' applet. Scroll down the list and verify that you see TRC there.

Other than that, un-install TRC and download a known good copy from [HERE (http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/30902-Theme-Resource-Changer-no-more-dll-editing/page2)] and re-install to see if any changes occur. The copy of TRC you originally had may not be a good copy. There are bad ones out there..

Have you had other 3rd party apps installed that changed out the start in the past prior to running this theme?

Nasrul Haq Bin Husain
May 28th, 2014, 02:19 AM
Hmm, Not at this time..
Even though there should be nothing missing from his theme folders, you could send me a link to the one you downloaded (There are several Predator themes posted) and I could test it on my end. But it is doubtful that will produce anything?

Make sure Theme resource changer is installed by opening control panel and then opening 'Programs and Features' applet. Scroll down the list and verify that you see TRC there.

Other than that, un-install TRC and download a known good copy from [HERE (http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/30902-Theme-Resource-Changer-no-more-dll-editing/page2)] and re-install to see if any changes occur. The copy of TRC you originally had may not be a good copy. There are bad ones out there..

Have you had other 3rd party apps installed that changed out the start in the past prior to running this theme?

TRC is already installed in the control panel, I've seen it in programs and features. I use the Universal Themes Patcher to Patch the system to my laptop. I will try to reinstall the TRC as you suggest. This is the link to download the predator theme yesterday I install http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/60921-Predator-Limited-Hunters-Edition
Thank's for helping, HammerJack.....
You're good.... :happy:

HammerJack
June 2nd, 2014, 01:30 AM
This is the link to download the predator theme yesterday I install

Man this is a killa theme. Thanks again Razor..
All good on at my house. Start is there???

I am out of ideas, sorry bud.
You sure you have the display settings at default (Small)?