PDA

View Full Version : Found Old Nintendo Theme suites, Would Like To See The Ported To 7 And Above

Weboh
July 7th, 2014, 08:45 PM
So I found these old Nintendo Theme Suites:

They are complete, with sound replacements, wallpapers, icon replacements, the works. There's 6 more: Zelda: Windwaker, Super Mario Sunshine, Pikimin, GameBoy Advance SP, Star Fox Adventures, and Eternal Darkness . They're beautiful, but only problem is they're for Windows 95-XPSP1 through Stardock Object Desktop. I'd like to be able to use them on my Windows 7 without the corruptions that happen by using old themes with new OS's, and without the need to use Stardock Software. If you want these and the other themes to make compatible, I'll give them to you. Even after being made compatible, a few of them could use some touching up. Hopefully we can get an experienced group together to make these shine once again!
:dif::tu:

July 7th, 2014, 10:42 PM
OMFG old is right. it would be interesting to see them ported to 7, 8, 8.1, and 8.1.1. DAMN nice find.

July 7th, 2014, 10:46 PM
Weboh (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/277621-Weboh) you should archive theme together with winrar, upload them, then post them here.

guido
July 8th, 2014, 03:31 AM
muito bom

Weboh
July 8th, 2014, 03:34 AM
I would attach the files now but upload isn't working, so I'll try again tomorrow. Once you have the themes, I'd like you to make a Classic Shell Start Menu Skin for each of them as well. How many people do you think would like to restore these? How long do you think it will take?

Lamia
July 8th, 2014, 08:15 AM
muito bom
Welcome to Virtual Customs guido (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/277589-guido) , use only English language in forum and threads & enjoy your stay! :peace:

July 8th, 2014, 12:23 PM
I would attach the files now but upload isn't working, so I'll try again tomorrow. Once you have the themes, I'd like you to make a Classic Shell Start Menu Skin for each of them as well. How many people do you think would like to restore these? How long do you think it will take?

let's hold on a second there. first i do not create themes. second you're assuming a themer will be interested in porting these over. third while a themer might be interested in porting these over it's not likely they would be interested in doing a skin for classic shell, muchless use classic shell. just get the files uploaded, posted, and lets see what happens from there.

Originalganjaman
July 8th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Great find!.., i think it would make an interesting project for a themer but i doubt they would have much luck porting them as i believe Stardock products wouldn't be compatable with the way themes are made here, i maybe wrong though.

Weboh
July 8th, 2014, 07:07 PM
The attachment finally decided to work. There you go. Have at it!

Weboh
October 22nd, 2014, 03:58 PM
So there's 60 views of the file. Was anyone able to do anything with it?

nofx1994
October 22nd, 2014, 04:40 PM
ok first off great find but here is the issue that will become if these are ported from stardock to a normal theme. Stardock and window blinds is a big area to stay away from because the backlash is unreal from porting either of these particular type of themes. As I have seen this over the years as some have just used little bits of one of these companies themes and the outcome from just ridiculous. To put it in a better way of understanding is windows guy vs mac guys lol. Now you might get lucky and someone will port these but highly unlikely unless for their own personal use, but they probably would never release it because of the die hards of the other groups. Sorry to crush your hopes.

Lord Kain
October 22nd, 2014, 05:04 PM
What do the cursors look like?

Weboh
October 22nd, 2014, 08:40 PM
ok first off great find but here is the issue that will become if these are ported from stardock to a normal theme. Stardock and window blinds is a big area to stay away from because the backlash is unreal from porting either of these particular type of themes. As I have seen this over the years as some have just used little bits of one of these companies themes and the outcome from just ridiculous. To put it in a better way of understanding is windows guy vs mac guys lol. Now you might get lucky and someone will port these but highly unlikely unless for their own personal use, but they probably would never release it because of the die hards of the other groups. Sorry to crush your hopes.
Well, it's not Stardock's theme--it's Nintendo's. And Nintendo is so apathetic about these things that they didn't even have the time to give me the offical go-ahead (I asked and they said that they get so many of these types of requests that they can't look at any of them). So they definitely won't track this down, and even if they did, these themes were originally offered for free; and they'll still be offered for free, so we aren't doing anything illegal. And I also highly doubt that guys from the WinCustomize forums would come over here and see it.

@Lord Kain
They're in the file. Download it and see for yourself!

Weboh
December 16th, 2014, 02:09 PM
So last time I replied to this, I got an influx of new posts. Maybe it's time to do that again?