PDA

View Full Version : WMP Skin Request

Nimbi
September 22nd, 2014, 10:41 PM
Hello,

I am needing a WMP skin done in the style of my current theme. The theme is called 'Thin White Line'. I would be very grateful if someone could pleae make a matching WMP skin for me. Here is a screenshot for reference.

As you can see in this screenshot, the theme doesn't have a transparent WMP skin in it, and I would really like to have a transparent WMP skin of which actually matches my theme.

Sincerely,
Darkwater409

[P.S. If this helps any, this theme uses Black Glass Enhanced]

gsw953
September 22nd, 2014, 11:28 PM
you could use the one from the Windows 7 version of the theme http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/33242-A-Thin-White-Line
if you update the version number to match the version number you have now

Nimbi
September 23rd, 2014, 12:16 AM
That'd be great:happy:! only one problem.. I have no idea how to do that:ashamed:. Also, the link you provided doesn't have a download link for the theme for me to even try. Is there any way you could possibly provide a Windows 8.1 version of the WMP skin used by that theme? I'm honestly not skilled enough to even be able to do that yet:ashamed:.

-edit- Found the download link, still don't know how to set the version number [or whatever it's called] to mine. Don't even know how to find the version number. Also, although my comp loads the theme, it still has a white WMP skin. Can't figure it out. Plz help.

gsw953
September 23rd, 2014, 12:26 AM
Give me about an hour and I'll post it

Nimbi
September 23rd, 2014, 12:44 AM
okay. :happy:

gsw953
September 23rd, 2014, 01:24 AM
here you go,this is how it will look

I am assuming you know how to change it but just in case you don't
It is basically the same as changing the timedate.cpl
1- go to windows\system32 and find wmploc.dll
2 take ownership of it
3 rename it to something like wmploc.dll.og
4 copy the new one over
5 then to the same thing in the sysWOW64 folder

Nimbi
September 23rd, 2014, 01:44 AM
Awesome! I love it! Thank you soooo much! And thanks for the instructions as well. If you hadn't explained how to apply it I would've been trying the wrong method :laughing:. Thank you sooo much for this:happy:.

gsw953
September 23rd, 2014, 02:15 AM
You're welcome