PDA

View Full Version : can't move caption buttons in vista style builder

vexa
September 24th, 2014, 02:11 AM

i wanna put my close button in the corner, somehow like this:

i've tried to change the value both of sizing and content margins, but this close button doesn't move at all.
can someone help me?

note:
stylebuilder 1.4
win 7 professional sp1 x64

ONE MAN ARMY
September 24th, 2014, 03:59 AM
Im not sure its possible. But you can try and Set Sizingborderwidth to 1 and the PaddedBorderWidtch to 1 as well in Fonts Colors and System Metrics.

Also Make sure you have no empty pixels on the right side of your close button image. Check image below.
Hope this works. if not Maybe Grim Might Know.

vexa
September 24th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Im not sure its possible. But you can try and Set Sizingborderwidth to 1 and the PaddedBorderWidtch to 1 as well in Fonts Colors and System Metrics.

Also Make sure you have no empty pixels on the right side of your close button image. Check image below.
Hope this works. if not Maybe Grim Might Know.

thanks for your answer. i've asked this same question in couple forums before. got a hundred views, but no one answer.
seems like cuzto is dead lately, or everyone just switched to windows 8 :(

anyway, i've tried your solution, but still nothing happen.
it just makes my close button looks stretched.

ONE MAN ARMY
September 24th, 2014, 09:12 PM
I Tried it out yesterday and I Could not get my buttons on the edge. Like I said. I do not think its possible to get it perfectly on the edge. Maybe I am wrong. But I will tag a few people to this thread so they can either Help you or confirm if I am correct.

Lamia
September 25th, 2014, 07:10 AM
Sorry but i must agree with OMA, you can't put your button all the way to the edge (at least i think), cause some of that space is reserved for your windows frames, but again maybe there is a way to fix this! :peace:

MOST_WASTED
September 25th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Sorry but i must agree with OMA, you can't put your button all the way to the edge (at least i think), cause some of that space is reserved for your windows frames, but again maybe there is a way to fix this! :peace:

his screenshot from the other thread twin thread (http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/67233-can-t-move-caption-buttons-in-vista-style-builder) has the button all the way to the right edge. i dont know if its an edited screenie though.

vexa
September 26th, 2014, 08:18 PM
Hey everyone, sorry for the late reply. i was away from my PC.
thanks for your suggestions guys, i appreciate that.

I Tried it out yesterday and I Could not get my buttons on the edge. Like I said. I do not think its possible to get it perfectly on the edge. Maybe I am wrong. But I will tag a few people to this thread so they can either Help you or confirm if I am correct.

thanks buddy. your friends really comes :)

i don't know about the reserved window frames, but in my first ss, the close button is coming out from the frames. looks like about 1 or 2 pixel.
all i wanna do is to move it inside frame, so it would be right on the edge.

his screenshot from the other thread has the button all the way to the right edge. i dont know if its an edited screenie though.

hi most wasted, thanks for your replies on both my threads.
i'm sorry about the double thread tho, i'm so hopeless.
asked to couple internet forums but still no answers.
FYI, it's not edited at all. all i did was creating a transparent border and disabled aero blur. so it looks frameless.
the frame is still there. it's just invisible.

btw, this problem is still not fixed.
any solution will be appreciated.

razorsedge
September 27th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Hey everyone, sorry for the late reply. i was away from my PC.
thanks for your suggestions guys, i appreciate that.

thanks buddy. your friends really comes :)

i don't know about the reserved window frames, but in my first ss, the close button is coming out from the frames. looks like about 1 or 2 pixel.
all i wanna do is to move it inside frame, so it would be right on the edge.

hi most wasted, thanks for your replies on both my threads.
i'm sorry about the double thread tho, i'm so hopeless.
asked to couple internet forums but still no answers.
FYI, it's not edited at all. all i did was creating a transparent border and disabled aero blur. so it looks frameless.
the frame is still there. it's just invisible.

btw, this problem is still not fixed.
any solution will be appreciated.

Hi Vexa pretty much the way One Man Army explained above is about as close as you will get to having those buttons right up in the corner that way. Because the windows have side frames it will not allow you to put the caption buttons over the side frames you might get away with a 1 pixel border width or even a 0 pixel border width but that will still leave it off by a few pixels.

Way back in the day I had a theme I was doing can't remember it off hand now where I neeeded the buttons moved quite a ways down and Grim ended up figuring out a way where we use the glyph images for the buttons so you have a lot more freedom with them but thats for movement up and down your still not going to get them right at the edge that way because of the side frames. You could try playing with that method using the glyph images for the buttons and some extreme properties to see if you can get it to go but I doubt that will help.

Sorry for the not great news :)