PDA

View Full Version : Forum Avatar Request

idle
September 27th, 2014, 03:40 AM
Would anyone be interested in making me a groovy avatar for this forums?

What would I want in an avatar? If possible I'd really love my name done in a grafitti style.

If this is in the wrong section, sorry in advance.

Thx :loving:

idle
October 7th, 2014, 09:48 AM
No need to all offer at once - I can take a hint :cheeky:

ONE MAN ARMY
October 7th, 2014, 05:56 PM

Sorry Idle. Hope you realize that people get busy in there lives. Its nothing personal when people ignore your post or dont respond. There are alot of variables that come into play and I hope you dont take it the wrong way. Its just how forums are sometimes. I got to say though. Sometimes it better to do things yourself. There is a great tutorial for making small animations on Videocopilot.net. If I remember correctly there is a cool graffiti style text animation. Cool thing about his site is you can download the AE files (After Effects) and see exactly how he makes the animation. This will make it easy for you to make your own style or use his style and just change text name to your name. Hope this helps.

Here is the link to the Graffiti text animation: http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/graffiti_writing/

MOST_WASTED
October 7th, 2014, 08:17 PM

no animation

ONE MAN ARMY
October 7th, 2014, 10:54 PM

no animation

You thats a badazz avatar. Very clean looking MW. Thanks for taking the time to make this. Awesome.

MOST_WASTED
October 8th, 2014, 01:11 AM
You thats a badazz avatar. Very clean looking MW. Thanks for taking the time to make this. Awesome.

its nothing dude really. im glad to help. i just hope he likes it lol

idle
October 8th, 2014, 01:52 AM
BOOYAH!

Thank you, its greatly appreciated . And yes, I like it very much :loving:

Also I got news today ASUS have decided to replace my laptop entirely!

Today is just getting better and better :)

ONE MAN ARMY
October 8th, 2014, 01:59 AM
BOOYAH!

Glad everything worked out for you. Enjoy :givahand:

MOST_WASTED
October 8th, 2014, 06:57 AM
BOOYAH!

yer welcome idle

idle
October 8th, 2014, 09:23 AM
Did I say today was getting better and better? Its just went from better to OUTSTANDNG!

As I was sayng - ASUS decided to replace my laptop. Got the call this evening that I could go to the store of purchase to pick up my NEW laptop.

Okay here's the skinny, getting a new replacement laptop is one thing, but I spent a week on the old one like you wouldn't believe hacking the crap out of it. (no it wasn't the hacks that broke it lol) Hardware was cactus.

New laptop = good
Having to start everything again = bad

Get home with one purpose in mind - boot up, go through the BS Windows initiaton of Windows 8, get to desktop, plug in the Seagate 1TB drive, install Macrium Reflect, point it to my saved image and see if it works ...

BOOYAH! I'm back!

How good is that. This is a new laptop, think about that, different HDD, new Windows, could have been a disaster in the making, but instead everything back, bookmarks, passwords, registry hacks, no charmsbar, no annoying swipes, everything how it was before with a few clicks.

Today just went from great to outfknstanding! :peace:

idle
October 8th, 2014, 01:14 PM
Update 2 ...

Spoke too soon. I gotta be the unluckiest guy there is. Would you believe as I typed the above post the letter (i) was missing from everything I wrote. Because I was typing fast I didn't think much of it at the time, but now some hours later after testing and updating drivers and such, would you believe the freaking (i) key is faulty?

Oh and I'm back on the MacBook typing this I'm afraid.

Did some online searching and by all accounts this problem is TWO YEARS OLD and Asus haven't done a thing about it? I'm seriously beginning to think Asus sell nothing but junk. Good I guess if its working for the lucky ones, but for me, this is the second brand new laptop I've had now, and I still cant get one that just works.

First laptop, right speaker not working plus headphone jack not working. Second laptop, the (i) key not working on the keyboard.

Here we go again, back to the retailer. What happens this time? Send a second brand new laptop back to Asus and wait for another two weeks only to be told they will replace yet another laptop? Or will they just decide its junk and give me my money back?

If they give me my money back, I will NOT be buying an Asus product, that's for sure. Then again, the new ROG series laptops have just been released ...

Talk about a gluten for punishment :cheeky:

Nimbi
October 8th, 2014, 04:26 PM
wow... ASUS needs to get it's s*** together... I don' think I'll ever be getting an ASUS either if they're pulling that c***. Hopefully I can get the part I'm needing for the Dell desktop my uncle left behind. He had rigged the part the cord goes into with part of a extension cord and had the frame for the thing it goes into bent out so the cord can go through. So I have to replace that entire thing. No idea how much it will cost, or even where to get one here in Arizona, but hopefully I can eventually manage to get one. Because if I do I'm going to swap out this crappy Gateway for that Dell. I will have to get a Windows 8.1 disc for it though since it's more than likely using Windows XP, lol.

-edit-

Just looked it up on the web. F*** that thing! It's the worst comp I've ever seen. 20GB HDD, 256MB RAM, Windows 2000... It's a c*** comp. It's an old Dell OptiPlex GX150. I'm not even going to bother fixing it. Instead, as soon as the rain stops, I'm going to toss it into the friggen dumpster. I'll just search around for an affordable Dell Laptop, lol.

idle
October 9th, 2014, 01:26 AM
Your all seriously going to think I'm making this up ...

Was updating my programs, files, games and stuff to the laptop, rebooting as requested and after one of the reboots - nothing. Hit the power button and the ASUS boot screen comes on and nothing. Just a black screen and nothing else.
Hit the power button again and F2 like crazy, and again nothing but a black screen. Power again and try F9 and nothing. No BIOS, just a black screen ...

Just home from the place of purchase. Their tech guy took it out back, returned and said the motherboard is toast.

My options as explained to me where a credit to my "place of purchase" account, like WTF is that? Or I can "upgrade" for another $400+ dollars to the next model up which would be THEIR purchase cost. As like some kind of favor to me? Or I can wait for them to contact the supplier and have one shipped from their headquarters which is in another state, which means over a weeks wait, maybe more depending on suppliers stock ...

Surprisingly I'm not pissed off. I was last week, extremely so, but now after a second laptop failure, I'm kind of over it altogether. I honestly don't know what to.
The store NOW is being as helpful as they can be, and I really appreciate their effort to help me. Last week with the first laptop I cracked it big time as I felt they didn't really give a toss. But after blowing a gasket in their store, I think they can appreciate my frustration and have been very helpful since.

But that still leaves me without a laptop. (throws hands in the air ...)

MOST_WASTED
October 9th, 2014, 01:54 AM
welcome to earth my friend :notfair:. grab a beer or something. you'll be fine :glug::plastered: