PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8 Themes

TheLoneWolf
September 29th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Hello,
My first Thread and Question:
When I install a Theme Pack for Windows 8, than i have a problem with my Startbutton, it dont become the Design from Theme Pack.
Which Startbutton is the best?
I have the StartIsBack, is it false?
And another Question:
Is Windows 8.1 better?

ONE MAN ARMY
September 29th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Hello,
My first Thread and Question:
When I install a Theme Pack for Windows 8, than i have a problem with my Startbutton, it dont become the Design from Theme Pack.
Which Startbutton is the best?
I have the StartIsBack, is it false?
And another Question:
Is Windows 8.1 better?

Hey To answer your question. you need to manually add the Theme start button.

Right click the start button and choose properties. Then the properties for Start is back will pop up. Choose appearance and like in the picture below you will see the add button. Click add. Here you need to navigate to the theme folder your using. For example if your using HUD Theme. C:/windows/resources/themes/Hud/explorer.exe. Inside the theme folder you will see a folder named explorer.exe this is where the start button should be. usually there is 3.png images in here 6801, 6805 and 6809 If your not using Small taskband choose 6805 and then apply. You should be good to go after that.

and yes windows 8.1.1 is better. Many more themes on here for 8.1.1 and its simply more up to date.

TheLoneWolf
September 29th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Wow really really thanks
I would see, 've Been thinking for some time whether I should not upgrade to Windows 8.1.1I think I'll do it

TheLoneWolf
September 29th, 2014, 03:52 PM
I have tried it, but it look this:

ONE MAN ARMY
September 29th, 2014, 05:11 PM
Not sure what issue's your having. But read this guide tutorial. I would upgrade to win 8.1.1 first. and Enjoy your themes.

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/65613-How-to-install-and-setup-your-customization-applications-on-Windows-8-1-1

This tutorial By Lamia will show you everything you need to know to customize your desktop. Hope this helps.

TheLoneWolf
September 29th, 2014, 06:29 PM
Yes, tomorrow I upgrade my System and look at the Tutorials.
Thanks