PDA

View Full Version : [Win 8] Editing downloaded taskbar

Dekareen
October 5th, 2014, 10:54 PM
Hello, VC forums! *flais arms uncontrolably*

I have recently began customizing my desktop, but ran into some nasty problems while trying to customize a nice theme I downloaded.
The theme in question is Silk, made by link6155

(Please note that I don't have access to VSB, because I don't want to get into making themes, just want to tweak this one to my needs :P)

Could any of you dig through the theme files and give me the names of few files? Precisely...
* Taskbar main colors (I want to make it all aero-like semi transparent)
* Taskbar progress bars (The ones that fill a taskbar icon box, I want them in different color)
* Clock font (I want to make eet bigger!)

( I'm mostly on about the first one, so feel free to skip the latter two )

...I'm using the Gold one

PS. Oh! While I'm still awake. If I change taskbar main color files to 100% transparent, will my taskbar be 100% transparent?

ONE MAN ARMY
October 6th, 2014, 12:08 AM
I can help you out with this. But 2 things. Making the taskbar more transparent is easy. Not sure what colors you want in the taskbar progress bars. So you need to let me know RGB for those bars. and Making the clock font bigger can be Done but just to let you know by doing this will get rid of Date and Just display time.

Dekareen
October 6th, 2014, 06:51 AM
Great!
I know it's easy, that's why it's so frustrating.
The RGB for progress bars should be:
R: 242
G: 197
B: 39
As for the clock. I don't have the date displayed at all, so it won't be a problem. I think the font size is 9, so 12 should be enough.

Could you tell me which files are you changing? So I could change it myself if somethings go wrong in the future.