PDA

View Full Version : Need a new gaming-setup, suggestions?

upp2011DP
October 6th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Hi VC!

Been a while, but been busy with schools and all that ^^

However, i have ALOT of stuff in my basement from my old computers, de-assembled them all last time since i really only needed a laptop, however i feel the need to get a new gamer-setup pc...

SO!

This is what i need:

New case (TOWER!)

I was thinking to buy the one that is called Cosmos 2 Ultra Tower, but since it's hard to get a hold off i need other opinions of what i "could" buy instead etc... i need a tower this time, i promised myself that... a tower that can hold ALOT of drives at the same time ^^...

Graphic Card

I have a graphic card from nVidia, but old as pharaos catacombs... so need a new one, Nvidia is preffered tho, ideas? Suggestions?

Processor + Motherboard

Need a new processor, I7 or something similar is preffered, and need an AWSOME motherboard that can handle ALOT!

I need to build in WiFi AND BlueTooth if possible also! Or be able to anyways... take that into consideration!

Besides that i think i have it all myself in the basement...

Note that my budget has no limit "at the moment anyways"... just trying to gather ideas before i choose what i wish to buy & build ^^...

Hope to get some nice suggestions ^^...

Mr UPP ;)

October 6th, 2014, 12:10 PM
up (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/185412-upp2011DP) let's try to keep this simple. list in the following order.

what parts you believe you can reuse
what parts you would like yo purchase
location and budget

upp2011DP
October 11th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Hi dude, sorry for late respond... have had these test things in school, blowing my mind off -.-'...

I have alot of harddrives, and i also have graphic card (but old as an pharao's toom old...) and that is about it, i also do have a drive-bay (dvd burner etc...) but need a new one aventually anyways...

My location is Denmark (DK/Copenhagen) and i believe i only need following:

Case (Tower: Cosmos 2 from MasterCooler)
1 SSD (I have SATA... but would prefer my pc to be faster this time...)
Motherboard + Core (I7 or something better if possible.. or tho i don't think there is one ^^')
BlueTooth & WiFi (I need WiFi + Bluetooth build in my computer, that is preferet...)

I believe that is basically it, not sure if i need more... i have all other stuff like power suply etc...

Budget not sure, i was hoping i could get some sort of suggestions etc from here before i was sitting down to see what i could spend, but i can tell u anyways, i don't really care at the moment with what i can or cannot spend, i think i have the money for it anyways, been years since last so my savings are at the highest and need some new gear :P

So...................... suggestions? xD

Mr UP ;)

October 11th, 2014, 06:25 PM
if your set on intel and it sounds like you are i'd personally go for a high-end i5 or a i7 on the 1156 socket. since you want it for gaming i'd recommend a mobo capable of handling 16 gigs of ddr3. i'm going to tag a couple of other members about vid card and ssd suggestions. as far as mobo asus, gigabyte, or asrock. what is the wattage on your psu?