PDA

View Full Version : Just partitioned my drive.

Nimbi
October 15th, 2014, 04:24 AM
Hello,

I just finished partitioning my drive so as to make an actual drive D: went well in a way. but i think i overdid the storage on it rofl. Tried to split the space evenly half way between main drive C: and the new partition D: But i didn't realise how much space was already used in the main drive rofl. Now my main drive has 188GB free while my D: drive has 220GB free rofl XD I'll probably have to fix that later rofl. In the mean time I'll just leave it as it is. lol

Nimbi
October 15th, 2014, 04:59 AM
Fixed. Brought it down to 100GB for drive D:

Yoink! XD

[no idea what that means. got it from a Deadpool Game vid on YouTube rofl]

idle
October 15th, 2014, 08:36 AM
I feel your pain ...

This new laptop has one flaw that I could see from the day I got it - it has 2x 128GB SSDs. The plus side, it makes it speedy, and for a laptop this machine is fast. But storage space? Sadly very lacking. I've been weighing up since I got it whether to ditch the SSD altogether and grab a nice Samsung 1TB drive as a replacement. Already my C: drive is getting full and that's just a few programs, games will be going to the other part of the SSD F: drive. Then there's 1.5TB storage of D: and E: which I have no problems with. But the C: is too small, I don't have Office installed, Photoshop, and a host of programs that I could install and already its filling up too quickly, I've only had this thing a week ...

But a 1TB Samsung SSD ain't cheap. The 840 EVO series is over $400 and the new 850 Pro is closer to $800 big ones. Its tempting, so tempting to just splurge on an 1TB 850 Pro and be done with it. But I know that's not going to happen lol

October 15th, 2014, 12:05 PM
idle (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/243562-idle) i'm not a gamer and i currently use 46 gigs on c. personally i would never partition c, nor would i never have less that 128 gigs available for c(which you before you partitioned. i find it hard to believe that they put in two seprate ssd's. it just does not make sense. get yourself a copy of partition wizard, install it, run it, take a screenshot, then post it.

idle
October 15th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Whoa dude! I didn't partition shit mate. That's how the bloody laptop comes. Like I said from day one it was the only flaw I could find wrong with it.

Here is an image of the actual SSD:

And here the screenshot you requested from Partition Wizard:

October 15th, 2014, 02:00 PM
if both of those are ssd's i personally would completely wipe the smaller of the two and make the WHOLE thing c(simply forget the preinstalled os). looks like the second one is a 1.5 tetabyte drive. unless e is a exact duplicat of d i would of never splite that drive. my main rule of thumb is NEVER keep anything on c i can't afford to loose, and daily back backup of those files that do have to be on c. when i fix up laptops for people i insist they get external storage just to be safe.

Nimbi
October 15th, 2014, 11:21 PM
I used partition assistant standard edition to partition my C: drive. I also added a drive number to the Recovery drive of which was already there. As for a external drive, I have no way of getting the money for one atm. And tbh, I'm still saving up for a new 2GB RAM card. Curently my comp has one $GB RAM card and one empty RAM slot. I need a minimum of at least 2GB more RAM than what I currently have so that's why I'm saving up for that one.

Nimbi
October 15th, 2014, 11:26 PM
Here's a screenshot of what I have now.