PDA

View Full Version : How to hide show desktop button?

Kngx
October 25th, 2014, 01:12 AM
idea was to use same (semi transparent) image from taskbar on show desktop button, but i cannot get it work. used both gimp and photoshop, resized this and that, checked margins and possible background layers added but the show desktop button always differs from the remaining taskbar.
what am i doing wrong?

ONE MAN ARMY
October 25th, 2014, 06:09 AM
idea was to use same (semi transparent) image from taskbar on show desktop button, but i cannot get it work. used both gimp and photoshop, resized this and that, checked margins and possible background layers added but the show desktop button always differs from the remaining taskbar.
what am i doing wrong?

Here try this. I have included the PSD for it Im not sure if you have Photoshop but the images are in there as well there are 2 different versions. one has a glow to it when you hover over it. I believe that is v1 v2 just has a slight brighten to the hover image. Hope this helps.

Kngx
October 28th, 2014, 12:12 AM
problem solved, at least for me. first i exported a taskbar image and then imported the same image without any changes to it - same result as in first post. next i tried the same with different version of wsb and this time no change of look occured. after that i edited image with gimp and photoshop and photoshop did the trick. gimp by default handles transparency and alpha stuff differently.