PDA

View Full Version : Case Ideas?

upp2011DP
October 31st, 2014, 10:17 PM
Hello VC

So i was thinking the other day, i have plans on buying a new case anyways and building a new pc. So why not make my first real rig on something i'm not going to use anyways so the possibility for me breaking something is less than... well... nothing ^^'...

Anyways, i have this kind of case:

http://www.megamodo.com/images/via/mm_FujitsuSiemens_SCALEO_J.jpg

(Closes picture i could get..)

My question is now if anyone has any ideas? I do have an old screen also that is (almost) at the same size of the side-panel. I could make some color on the case to make it look cool i guess and then somehow put the screen on the side of the panel, my question is now, does anyone else has some ideas what "else" i could do with my first real "beta-build" rig? :P

Hope to get some nice suggestions soon ^^'...

Mr upp ;)

Harvey Sewdin
November 6th, 2014, 02:16 AM
Ventilation from the front and top will be nice. Depends on how much size you have available in that case.

upp2011DP
November 8th, 2014, 09:06 PM
That is correct. We are talking about 40-80 (cm/inch) in length and about 60-80 height (cm/inch) and about 20-40 width (cm/inch)... but yeah, ventilation i think i can make... but what should i be using? And what kind are you talking about? Could you be more specific? Could help alot hehe ^^'...

I did consider making a sort of "second floor" above the case and strap it on until i figure out a better way to force the iron to stay on the iron and then i could put the battery in there with lines and cables down tho the board at the main case? The "second floor" above where the battery could be put in i could make a little "room" between the floors so there could be a free out-going cooling from top to bottom at the case... just coming from the batery itself? Just an idea etc... if you know what i'm talking about tho? Just thinking out loud ^^'...

Harvey Sewdin
November 13th, 2014, 05:28 AM
I meant see if you can add some case fans to it. Drill some holes and install a fan.
You can add some feet too, to raise the case from the ground a bit.
Also, take a look at this mod: http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/43240-Project-Mod-in-a-Week-Fallout-Cause-SP-%28Completed%29

TheoSheppard
December 24th, 2014, 02:05 AM
This spring, I'm designing my own computer desk but with a PS4 built on the right. Still have to plan out the layout; especially when considering the airflow. I am also planning to add additional features including built-in USB hubs, speakers, multi-card reader/CD drive in the front, etc.

Stephanie
December 24th, 2014, 11:03 AM
My next build (late 2015) atm Im favouring the Thermaltake Overseer RX-I, I think its quite sexy :girl:

http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=c_00001803

bigcyco1
December 28th, 2014, 07:59 PM
My next build (late 2015) atm Im favouring the Thermaltake Overseer RX-I, I think its quite sexy :girl:

http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=c_00001803

That's a great case i have it the power button on mine sticks sometimes :Fright: but, other then that i really like it.:Smile:

upp2011DP
December 28th, 2014, 08:10 PM
Sweet haha! Not bad idea! And yes, i will look into the fan idea... still considering the build on how to make it.. i have to improvise coz of my budget atm -.-'...

bigcyco1
December 29th, 2014, 12:54 AM
Sweet haha! Not bad idea! And yes, i will look into the fan idea... still considering the build on how to make it.. i have to improvise coz of my budget atm -.-'... Well if you are on a tight budget i would personally not recommend that case i go for something like the Corsair Carbide 200R or try to mod the one you already have it's up to you of course to decide that bud.

nofx1994
December 29th, 2014, 05:08 AM
I have watched almost all this guys stuff. I got a bunch of new stuff for christmas and i think it is time to do something to my alienware case and considered doing this.

DtuVE2CC7qw

upp2011DP
December 29th, 2014, 07:13 PM
Well i was talking about modding my current case... that i'm aware off... it's always been the main idea, just not sure what to do (ideas related)...

I went down to the shop today and bought some spray paint (black)... something that could take up to 100-200 degree heat... that i remember... my plan is to paint it all black and if possible make some design with tape around it, as a start. Where i go from there... time tell's x)

Azt3ck
December 30th, 2014, 10:58 PM
This is a project I finished about 1 1/2 months ago.
It is a Corsair 540