PDA

View Full Version : Firefox Icon Issue

MourningStar
November 10th, 2014, 03:59 PM
I use HUD Machine Blue Icons & Extras with great satisfaction. This package replaces the standard Firefox taskbar icon. Everytime FF releases an update the icon reverts back to standard. How can I restore it to the themed icon?

-thx

Mr GRiM
November 10th, 2014, 05:46 PM
I personally just have a res file with the icons stored ion the firefox directory and just re-patch it again every time I update, the other option would be to just keep the new icon in the directory and then set a custom icon on the shortcut.

MourningStar
November 10th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Thx Mr GRiM

MourningStar
November 11th, 2014, 03:27 PM
quickie : What is a 'res file', and in the HUD Machine Blue Icons & Extras package how do I access the individual icons?
-thx

Mr GRiM
November 11th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Once you have changed the icons in the firefox.exe using Restorator, then right click on the file in restorator and click on Res File > Save, then make sure you select the check box for save only modified resources, then click on save, that will create a firefox.res file.

When you next update Firefox just open the firefox.exe in Restorator then drag the res file onto the file and it will change the icons, then hit save and you will have the custom icons again, you may also need to clear the icon cache if the icon doesn't change straight away.

MourningStar
November 11th, 2014, 09:29 PM
Thx Mr GRiM